would be better spent on primary and secondary education.
What little were you allotted? A measley $300 to $400? I paid a phone bill and took my wife to dinner... poof!!!! Tax rebate GONE!!!!
Oh, and don't forget the few BIG dollar checks (2% or so) that went to the Bushbackers, those who offered big bucks in campaign donations. But most
of the middle & lower-middle class got the paltry sums, I pay $10-15k in taxes every year but only rate $4bills? Whatever!!!
Now if all of our $400 checks, say 4+ million of us, was instead placed in the hands of our grossly under-funded public school systems, what could
have been done with the rather large sum of money?
- More QUALIFIED & better paid teachers to teach our children
- New books so little Johnny and Becky could learn for 1990-2000 knowledge rather than the 1960's schoolbooks that I used as well
- More classroom materials provided, so Mom & Dad don't have to buy rubberbands, paperclips and staples for the teachers to use
- More new computers for use in the classrooms and labs
- Classrooms that are wired for modern teaching methods
I don't know how many of you are parents but hopefully you will be one day. Our children are our future and the Bush administration is basically
telling them to be prepared to flip burgers, since:
1. he refuses to realistcally fund education in this country
2. he is allowing big business to send all of our high paying jobs to China and other Asian & Muslim countries that will eventually cripple our nation
and create the largest third world country on this planet.
So enjoy your right-wing ride, it will be short lived and then we hopefully get a Democratic prez who actually cares about the people in the stanza
"by the people, for the people", rather than just amassing more oil reserves for his Texass cronies!!!
shrub is toast in 2004!!!