It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Something That Is Coming Down In Our Air Causing Some Of Our Issues?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by onthelookout

Depending on the tree, that appears to be problems caused by soil conditions.

..depending on the type of tree. For instance, are all the trees with problems the same kind of tree? Our dogwoods and hackberries are dying in the drought, but the live oaks are still clicking along and look just fine.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I am told that the cause is mountain pine beetles, and here is a link to an article, but the trees do not look like the ones in your pictures. Your trees look just like the ones here.

Why Are Trees Dying?

Also, if you didn't already, you could try googling these things, some interesting results, but too many to list.

Why are the trees dying in Washington? or Oregon? Similar results.

The information on air quality is very useful, and may be able to be connected to something recent. Also, one of the reasons might be due to the less bats, no one really thinks about bats, but they eat three times their weight in bugs every night. They have white-nosed fungus, and this has been a problem for a few years. Bats also pollinate the forest. Many bat houses around here are empty, as some growers have them for insect control. I would not want a bat house, yuk, but I see why people have them. This fungus is not good, and they have been closing the caves all over the country, to try and stop it from spreading.

White Nosed Syndrome of Bats Fact Sheet-WA

Link

They have not officially found it in the Pacific N.W., but it is spreading quickly, so I would not be surprised if it is here already. West Nile was around here for years before it was officially announced, just a thought.

I still have one person that I have not talked to yet, and I also am going to stop by the local nursery, just to see if they have any information. Not sure if I can upload photos, but I may try, so more later.
edit on 7-9-2011 by PacificBlue because: can't spell

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PacificBlue

Hi Pacific Blue,

Well we were definitely on the same page - I *just* read that thing about why are the trees dying on Monday (or was it yesterday?) and did searches too on why the trees are dying in the Pacific NW, Washington, Oregan, & even California. The result?

I started to become very upset and broken hearted and had to stop. And then while I was driving around town and the places I had taken all of the pictures, the feeling didn't get any better because they all look even worse then when I was out this weekend. Whatever "it" is (and the article about why the trees are dying gave many ideas to the combined effort of possibilities of why), it's definitely impacting my area in a serious way. And I feel...well...kind of helpless about the whole thing.

Washington state is known as "The Evergreen State" not "The Dried Up and Crunchy State".

I want to pretend like nothing is going on. I want to believe that it's normal. I almost want to go back to sleep and wake up from this "Alice in Wonderland" adventure I feel like I've wandered into ever since all of the bird & fish deaths started in January. I want to believe that it's all ok. I really, really do. I want the skeptics and debunkers to be right.

But, seeing what I am everyday, everywhere I go...all I feel now when I'm told it's normal and that everything is ok, is that my personal experiences & observations are invalid and that I should doubt my own senses. And the feeling that I should doubt my own senses makes me feel powerless and fearful. I'm tired of feeling powerless and fearful over what is going on in my environment.

I know this is probably Duh 101, but this is something new I'm realizing about myself. I've always looked to Science and "proof" to validate what I already know inside of me and things I've experienced. I've experienced some really unexplainable things in my life, which I immediately approach with cold logic. And all this has done for me so far, is make me believe only in authority outside of myself and that I, myself, have no value or worth when it comes to the intellectual arena. Which is just plain silly of me.

Point being, this whole thing has made me rethink a bunch of things. So, I'm stepping away from the situation for a bit and I'm going to ground and center and regain my balance and perspective. I do hope the discussions continue, because sharing our information and knowledge between us is invaluable in my opinion, but for the moment I'm going to be doing more lurking than contributing.

Btw, this last bit wasn't directed at you Pacific Blue
It's just where my thoughts led me and it happened to be in my reply to you.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthelookout
reply to post by PacificBlue

I started to become very upset and broken hearted and had to stop. And then while I was driving around town and the places I had taken all of the pictures, the feeling didn't get any better because they all look even worse then when I was out this weekend. Whatever "it" is (and the article about why the trees are dying gave many ideas to the combined effort of possibilities of why), it's definitely impacting my area in a serious way. And I feel...well...kind of helpless about the whole thing.

I want to pretend like nothing is going on. I want to believe that it's normal. I almost want to go back to sleep and wake up from this "Alice in Wonderland" adventure I feel like I've wandered into ever since all of the bird & fish deaths started in January. I want to believe that it's all ok. I really, really do. I want the skeptics and debunkers to be right.

But, seeing what I am everyday, everywhere I go...all I feel now when I'm told it's normal and that everything is ok, is that my personal experiences & observations are invalid and that I should doubt my own senses. And the feeling that I should doubt my own senses makes me feel powerless and fearful. I'm tired of feeling powerless and fearful over what is going on in my environment.

You will see that I also usually lurk, and it does get to be too much, know what you mean, you try to pay attention and stay informed, but then it seems like it is lots of negative news, which can be kind of depressing. Thank you for the very interesting thread, as I am glad that it is not just me who feels that way. Hope to see you around. I sometimes take one month or longer ATS breaks, just to keep my peace of mind. Pay attention to your intuition as that is probably more accurate than anything else we hear. Take Care and stay happy!

Fun Fact- I live in the "Beaver State" and spend tons of time outdoors, but I have never seen a real beaver, except at the zoo.
I will be out hoping to see the animal of my state, before it gets too cold and rainy.

Peace,
PacificBlue

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I wasn't going to continue with this...but I just came across a post on another thread that *might* fit closer to what I've been observing than where I was going with it. Especially in light to the 6.4 quake on Vancouver Island. I hope I'm putting it in here right...

Originally posted by kdog1982
Well,take a look at this.
I have holding on to it for some time.
Maybe it might help.

There is some intriguing research about whether large earthquakes are associated with ionospheric changes caused by electromagnetic signals released by the crushing of rock crystalline structures. If so, then this might be a mechanism for major earthquake prediction. One of the primary researchers in this area is Friedemann Freund, of NASA Ames. He has written several articles introducing the concept of ionospheric and atmospheric changes as earthquake precursors:

solar-center.stanford.edu...

Earth is a restless planet. Occasionally – quite often, in some regions of the world – the restlessness turns deadly. Of all natural hazards, earthquakes are the most feared. They are feared because they seem to strike so unpredictably. Yet, for centuries, and even millennia, people living in seismically active regions have noted premonitory signals. The historical records talk of changes of the water level in wells, of strange weather, of ground-hugging fog, of unusual behavior of animals (both domestic and wild) that seem to feel the approach of a major earthquake. With the advent of modern science and technology the list of premonitory signals has become even longer. Among them are (i) Sporadic emissions of low to ultralowfrequency electromagnetic radiation from the ground (ii) Occasional local magnetic fi eld anomalies reaching a strength of half a percent of the Earth’s main dipole fi eld (iii) Changes in the lower atmosphere that are accompanied by the formation of haze and a reduction of moisture in the air (iv) Large patches, often tens to hundreds of thousands of square kilometers in size, seen in night-time infrared satellite images where the land surface temperature seems to fl uctuate rapidly (v) Passing perturbations in the ionosphere at 90 - 120 km altitude that affect the transmission of radio waves Deciphering these signals and learning how to “read” them has remained a source of great frustration. Many seismologists have lost faith that earthquakes would ever become predictable beyond statistical probabilities which leave uncertainties of by Friedemann Freund Collapse of Hanshin Expressway in Japan National Information Service for Earthquake Engineering, University of California, Berkeley

solar-center.stanford.edu...

Almost forgot about this stuff.

What I find intriguing is the satellite imagery of land surface temps fluctuating rapidly.

It mentions premonitory signals before major quakes. Including changes in lower atmosphere accompanied by formation of a haze. AND reduction of moisture in the air. Is that why the trees/plants locally are turning crunchy? Looking at the list in the quote, and how many things here I've been trying to piece together (not even all of which I posted) - I thought it was at least worth providing the data just in case there is something to it.

I don't know if the orange tinge is the haze it listed, I don't know if the trees/plants turning red/orange early and drying up are related to the reduction of moisture. And who knows what time frame it was referring to (months in advance, days?) But if something did happen on the west coast - this could potentially be valuable information down the road.

And I totally want to give credit to kdog1982 for the find on the information!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Interesting information about the rocks causing atmospheric changes, and maybe they are also the cause of the earthquake clouds that are seen prior to quakes. Know someone who has studied the earth extensively and he thinks that the quartz is excited by magnetic fields, and that is what causes the atmospheric changes. People have been noticing changes in the sky, and in animal behavior for centuries, prior to earthquakes, and sometimes I think we do not really pay attention to our environment anymore, as we spend much more time indoors. My friend says to be on the lookout for earthquake clouds or changes in the sky as a precursor to quakes.

I keep seeing people mention an orange tint, just saw that again in one of the earthquake threads,
, so I do think you are on to something. Whatever it is, the sky looks different to people, and that is interesting. I know others have said it is fire or dust, but I am not so sure. At times I notice a glow that didn't used to be there, and the quality of light has changed, just not sure how to describe that.

Realizes that my comment above about my state animal could have been taken wrong, but I was serious, lol. Moved here from the desert, just so I could live in wetlands, and see birds and wildlife at home, instead of concrete. Currently I am watching someone feed (wish they would not!) the animals, as there is a woman throwing some kind of food on the grass. There are three ducks, several nutrias, and two cats in competition for the food. I was not sure who would win, but it appears to be the largest cat, maybe it is cat food?

Also, I wanted to mention, kind of off topic, but bears seem to be much more aggressive this year and I am not sure why. They are really doing strange things. Things like bypassing food and entering someone's home, and that is just weird for an animal. This year we are being more careful about where we camp and hike, and trying to avoid bears, as I do not want to see a bear. I watch for out of the ordinary animal behavior just like I watch the sky, as it can be a sign of something else, like a storm or an earthquake, but who knows.

This has been an interesting year, and things will probably continue happening, just my two cents. Your screen name fits, it is always good to be on the lookout and be prepared.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join