It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Influential Americans tried to help Libyan leader cling to power.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Influential Americans tried to help Libyan leader cling to power.

english.aljazeera.net

Al Jazeera news producer Jamal Elshayyal recently gained access to the Tripoli headquarter of Libya's intelligence agency. Among the documents scattered throughout the demolished building were secret files indicating that influential Americans advised Muammar Gaddafi since the beginning of the Libyan uprising.

I managed to smuggle away some documents, among them some that indicate the Gaddafi regime, despite its constant anti-American rhetoric – maintained direct communications with influential figures in the US.

I found what appeared to be the minutes of a meeting between senior Lib
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So it seems the ellite of this world will not stop at anything to get their way or influence other countries. Bending, moulding and planting suggestions. Problem, reaction, solution.

One wonders what millitary aid, arms and weapons, training and other benefits where lavished on the Gaddafi and Libian regime to keep the plans of the West well oiled.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 31/8/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This can't be right - I thought the NATO minions of the NWO/Illuminati/Beideburgers were tossing Gaddaffi out to get hold of his oil...and AJ is part of the MSM now, so you can't trust anything they say....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hmm.....this sounds like it could be one in the eye of all those who try to claim that the rebels seeking freedom and democracy are actually American actors playing a part or whatever the bullsnip theories they have are.

Influential US people (some probably even in government) advising Gaddafi throughout the uprising......looks like you need new excuses to support terrorism and dictatorships boys.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There has been a strong bias in news articles trying to vilify the Libyan rebels as Al-Qaeda terrorists, trying to establish Libya as some sort of anti-western Sharia-law backed caliphate reporting directly to the ghost of Osama Bin Laden. Even on this site there seems to be a number of Gaddafi fan-boys making apologies for him.

I'm sure the reason these "Influential Americans" were helping Gaddafi cling to power was due to them getting in bed with him for business, never mind what sort of person he was or what terrorist acts he may have committed in the past. $$ Greed trumps morality every time.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

I remember that back in the 80's when President Reagan placed an embargo on Libya that some American businesses got caught setting up dummy offices overseas so they could continue doing business with Libya. The quest for the almighty dollar often overshadows the law and loyalty. It's truly a shame.

As for the truthfulness of any report out of Libya about Americans trying to support Qaddafi, nothing would surprise me. Perhaps there will be something more released on the story.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Do we have the names of these "influencial Americans"? Surely, all these secret documents could reveal the names rather than a coverall statement.

No names equates to making a story out of nothing. Lost in the translation and headline makers.

Regards

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Some names have been mentions in the article, but hopefully we'll get many more as this breaks. Personally I think these "influential Americans" are traitors. A "David Welch" of Bechtel (a major player in the military-industrial complex) is named.

Please excuse the large quote, quoting it in part only makes it hard to understand;

I managed to smuggle away some documents, among them some that indicate the Gaddafi regime, despite its constant anti-American rhetoric – maintained direct communications with influential figures in the US.

I found what appeared to be the minutes of a meeting between senior Libyan officials – Abubakr Alzleitny and Mohammed Ahmed Ismail – and David Welch, former assistant secretary of state under George W Bush. Welch was the man who brokered the deal to restore diplomatic relations between the US and Libya in 2008.

Welch now works for Bechtel, a multinational American company with billion-dollar construction deals across the Middle East. The documents record that, on August 2, 2011, David Welch met with Gaddafi's officials at the Four Seasons Hotel in Cairo, just a few blocks from the US embassy.

During that meeting Welch advised Gaddafi's team on how to win the propaganda war, suggesting several "confidence-building measures", according to the documents. The documents appear to indicate that an influential US political personality was advising Gaddafi on how to beat the US and NATO.

Minutes of this meeting record his advice on how to undermine Libya's rebel movement, with the potential assistance of foreign intelligence agencies, including Israel.

The documents read: "Any information related to al-Qaeda or other terrorist extremist organisations should be found and given to the American administration but only via the intelligence agencies of either Israel, Egypt, Morroco, or Jordan… America will listen to them… It's better to receive this information as if it originated from those countries...".

The papers also document Welch advising the Gaddafi's regime to take advantage of the current unrest in Syria. The documents held this passage: "The importance of taking advantage of the Syrian situation particularly regarding the double-standard policy adopted by Washington… the Syrians were never your friends and you would loose nothing from exploiting the situation there in order to embarrass the West."

According to the date given, this was only a few weeks ago.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Has it occurred to folks that such "influential Americans" were actually feeding the Gaddafhi family false info in order to bait or direct certain situations?
Just my humble thoughts as usual friends.

new topics

top topics

join