It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 Year Air Force General had a conversation with me about Secret Space Program

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012king

Anybody in the private sector issued a top secret clearance receives that clearance from the government, the more sensitive the information is that you get clearance for the less anonymous you become. If you leak anything of value you will have not just the government after you, but your employer as well, armed with the fullest extent of prosecution of law, if they choose to take a legal route, which I doubt they would due to the publicity that goes with legal proceedings. You would find yourself in more trouble if you worked for a black opps in the private sector than an enlisted military officer.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutz4tom
reply to post by ASC Nole

Sorry, but I do not believe if this were true that you would jeapordize your clearance by posting on here.Just my opinion.

And what has he even said to jeopardize any clearance he has? He hasn't said a thing!

Again I know ASC and he is a very close friend of mine. He won't say anything he shouldn't believe me. I know what he does and he isn't full of crap either.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

It takes exponentially less resources to send robots into deep space. You also don't have to return them to earth.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

I was simply following up on the stated Apollo 18 and beyond (19 and 20) remark implied by the OP.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

edit on 1-9-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Not to agree or disagree with the OP but all this he said she said is getting old.

Show us the proof.....please.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Anybody in the private sector issued a top secret clearance receives that clearance from the government, the more sensitive the information is that you get clearance for the less anonymous you become. If you leak anything of value you will have not just the government after you, but your employer as well, armed with the fullest extent of prosecution of law, if they choose to take a legal route, which I doubt they would due to the publicity that goes with legal proceedings. You would find yourself in more trouble if you worked for a black opps in the private sector than an enlisted military officer.

Only if you got caught

When you have a team of 6 people with a total of nearly 100 years military service between them, they are not going to go running to tell the government if "secrets" are mentioned.
The other side of it is, stories like the original post are not likely to be believed by most people, so the government/military or whoever is not bothered about people talking about them as they would just call it lies. If a high ranking military officer went on live tv with a load of photos/videos or plans of secret tech, that would be different.
Somebody says they have seen secret tech, nobody is bothered without proof

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I have know Mbla for a good year now, I think, lol. We have had at length convs about this board and these topics. I hope to bring a unique lookinto everythng space launch. Some topics, I wont say a thing but on this topic, I know what im talking about, its my job.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ASC Nole
I work for the space program. I support 1st space and the 45th on a 24/7 365 basis. Im the lead tech on the only US based precision tracking radar in the southern Hemishepre and I have a higher clearnce than the OPs source.

I cant give you the stats or number of objects we track but I can tell you with certainty, there is no secret program. Being on the component level of the space program for quite a while I can tell you he OP has been duped. My job is to track everything in LEO orbit and deep space, EVERYTHING. you can discount this story right now. And take that from someone who watches the skies 24/7, 365.

Mighty presumptuous on your part, don't ya think! My clearance is higher than his clearance???? Really???? And how in the world would you possibly know what any particular officer's clearance is? The clearance you have pertains to your job only and what YOU need to know, that's it. The same with a Brigadier General's job. The same for my job, for that matter. You can't tell me that your clearance is so high that you know everything that there is to know about space flight, NASA, the Air Force, etc. Your clearance is so high that you know all there is to know about radar invisibility technology, including top secret technology???? You say that the OP is being duped.......HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT? Let me guess, your top secret clearance covers that too?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I was unfortunate enough to have been drafted into some black operations when I was still a civilian.

I can say that what the OP is posting is definitly true from what I understand and from what I remember.

I am in the US Army now and haven't been touched by these organizations.

I can tell you with certainty that the black triangles are our and our operated by Delta force (NOT SFOD-D!)

I mostly pulled security in a military (DCU) uniform without any organizational patches, we were revered to as Special-Officers mostly involed in retreiving ancient technolgy.

I can not prove anything I say unfortunatly and honestly I only remember fragments so some of it is completely based on speculation.

But my personal opinion is that the OP is dead on the money.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ASC Nole
bingo, no reitred General would be as stupid to give up precious OPSEC intel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with this much...But, the only possibility would be a disgruntled ex employee or Second Hand info....Which is what we are getting here..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There was a secret space program and much of the information has been released. I personaly saw a secret satelite when I was 10. I doubt there is a base on the moon as there is no reason to keep this info from the public.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
lets just use logic. We in the US have two main launching facilities, KSC and Vandenburg. Only KSC is set to handel heavy lift operations however, the western range is catching up and quickly. both ranges provide unique lauch angles for different orbits, anyways.

no way we have launched enought material w/o creidbale evidence to support a mission such as a secret space satation. The ISS is just what it says, international. it took us and the Russians to do the heavy lifting to create the ISS. Unless someone somewhere is completely under cover (sort of hard to hide a rocket lifting up tons of cargo) this is just a bunch of fantasy boy wet dream nonsense.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

wake up. We here in the US have went from no tech to massive tech within 50 years. Does everyone think we just all of a sudden became smarter beings? If so....how did we become so High Tech? Poof....we are going to the Moon? All of a sudden we are not launching the Shuttle anymore. No money?

High Tech dates way beyond the last 50 years. Special relativity is a theory of the structure of spacetime. It was introduced in Einstein's 1905 paper "On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies". Robert H. Goddard, bundled against the cold New England weather of March 16, 1926, holds the launching frame of his most notable invention — the first liquid fueled rocket. The NCR 304, built in 1957, was the first all solid-state business computer available. It was produced by the NCR Corporation. The term wireless telegraphy is a historical term used today to apply to early radio telegraph communications techniques and practices, particularly those used during the first three decades of radio (1887 to 1920) before the term radio came into use.

And yes, the Space Shuttle is retired because of the expense to operate the system that can be supplemented by spacecrafts with at least 10% of the financial and infrastructural resources.

Oh, 'The Bomb' dates back to the late 1930's. The Manhattan Project began modestly in 1939, but grew to employ more than 130,000 people and cost nearly US$2 billion (roughly equivalent to $24.4 billion as of 2011). Over 90% of the cost was for building factories and producing the fissionable materials, with less than 10% for development and production of the weapons. My current workplace is one such place fissionable metals were developed then.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

This stands out because the rest of the text is put together pretty well in a grammatical sense. The narrative is bothersome too. The story "flow" is, at once, smooth but awkward. Example: multiple references to a setting when fewer would serve an informational purpose. What you reveal is easily deduced by anyone who follows ordinary news sources.

(LONG POST)

Let me start off by stating unequivocally, in my opinion people are free and welcome to believe exactly as they wish. But by that token, so am i.

Things that bother me about his account are similar to what you've said above.

He claims to be very excited and is sharing his account of what transpired in a conversation with a long time business friend, whom he says he had no idea was an ex-Air force General, much less had access to advanced projects and so on.

If this account is accurate, his friend obviously had no trouble with lack of secrecy, as according the the OP spilled his guts within just three or four questions from the OP!

Someone that loose lipped, retired or not, would not have reached that level in the Air Force, much less had opportunity to even glimpse such projects and facilities. If it was a 'deathbed' confession or revealed as part of a disclosure type affair, it would have more credence.

There is also the fact we are to believe up to 4 star generals, drinking in a 'bar' with the OP's 1 star BG friend and a group of other 'brass' would be openly discussing top secret, and compartmentalised secret information over a few drinks? The barman must know just about every secret known to the Western world by now, perhaps we should track him or her down and ask them what's going on eh?

The tone and general flow of what was written, does not suggest excitement to me (as was claimed by the OP), nor does it seem as though it is at all spontaneous. Off the cuff, and 'just had to let you guys know' kind of a deal it isn't...but rather it seems calculated and preplanned in advance of posting, which goes against what the OP said in his post.

For the record, I do not think every post on ATS is a lie, or even every other post, or even dare i say MOST of them are not lies...but i'd be a complete and utter fool to believe anything that was posted here to be an absolute factual account, simply on the basis of anonymous poster saying something is true...that's not belief, that's blind gullibility.

If the OP had been here for a very long time, was one of the regular posters who we all had a good general idea about and knew of their general style, and honest in their usual direction of comment, that might have gone some way to dispel suspicion..but the OP isn't or hasn't built up anywhere near that level 'gut instinct trust', at least not to me.

I do know for certain the military have secrets, as we all know..obviously, the reason for 'security clearances' and signing official secrecy acts, skunk works and on and on etc...no question about it, it's also obvious the various militaries of this world have secret projects and secret weaponry and craft / vehicles...the stealth fighter / bombers didn't just appear because someone clicked their fingers!

I do not dispute this as a fact.

I also wouldn't be surprised, especially after listening and watching 'credible' people from within the military, space programmes, aviation, recount what they have seen and been privy to as regards off world bases, and our use of very much more advanced space technology than is being made public, if these things actually existed and were very real.

I also happen to think that ET's are more than likely visiting our planet and have interacted with our species for millennia, but can i expect you to feel the same as I, simply because i say i think it's true? Of course not, most people require more than that. I myself do not 'believe it', how ever much i think it's highly likely to be true, for 'belief' i too require proof of something, or else we're talking about faith. In this case, faith in a virtually unknown, anonymous poster's OP.

The OP's account reads and feels like a tester...like a piece of market research into the reactions of 'conspiracy theorists' and people of a certain general view, to the premise of a novel...free public opinion of a story in the works.

Do i 'know' this is the case? No, but i do feel it is the case. Could i be wrong? Of course i could be wrong, as we all are from time to time...i'm stating my opinion on the OP as i see it.

Vincenz, If you want to get pissed and have a pop at me again (even though you said you didn't care if you got this reaction in your OP..) for my opinion to your story, you're most welcome to try. Just do NOT attempt to brow beat me with straw man arguments and with nothing going for you other than 'believe me, because i'm telling the truth' and can string a paragraph together.
2c.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by vincenz32

ya well top secret clearance isnt sh**.. In the military top level clearence is called Super Secret...

debunked

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
lol, super secret double dog dare ya dude clearnce.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Nice thread. S&F for you as it's a very active one!

All in all, your post seems to ring true, so, either you've retold what your 1 star told you well, or you're an excellent story teller! Either way, sounds like great makings for the next block buster movie
!

You articulated much of things that peeps suspect or have heard, and alluded to things that no one really knows about, so, it's good as confirmation and a wee bit more. But as much as I do like the story, it's all still hear say.

Still, even if it's a work of fiction, you have a great writing style. Don't be a lurker any longer.

Also, I get the feeling you might be a Brit., just from some of your phrases.

Cheers to you mate, as well!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ctdannyd
Nice thread. S&F for you as it's a very active one!

All in all, your post seems to ring true, so, either you've retold what your 1 star told you well, or you're an excellent story teller! Either way, sounds like great makings for the next block buster movie
!

You articulated much of things that peeps suspect or have heard, and alluded to things that no one really knows about, so, it's good as confirmation and a wee bit more. But as much as I do like the story, it's all still hear say.

Still, even if it's a work of fiction, you have a great writing style. Don't be a lurker any longer.

Also, I get the feeling you might be a Brit., just from some of your phrases.

Cheers to you mate, as well!

Not a Brit.

We don't have star generals, and our's don't usually get posted to Area 51 and other US top secret places.

We don't use a lot of the terminology the OP contains either.

I won't discount the possibility he's an ex-pat, but don't think so...more likely a well educated and literate American writer.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Illustronic,

are you familiar with wire wrap techonlogy at all? im curious as you seem to have a grasp on older tech.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join