It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 Year Air Force General had a conversation with me about Secret Space Program

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by vincenz32

If you track down my introduction thread I have a similar story but from an E-6 Intel Officer who became my 2nd Lt in the infantry. I believe a lot of what you are saying...and the stuff he told me was back in the late 90s.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
my clearnce will not be in question. as its not the topic and I only shared info that is public knowledge.

Take a step back and think how expensive and unsafe space flight is, manned or unmanned. Apply logic and its easy to see, there is no secret sapce station.

awwwww, Mbla! you sweet little sweets. Cant wait to get home and have a drink or three with ya. Miss ya dude!
edit on 0937 by ASC Nole because: (no reason given)

edit on 0937 by ASC Nole because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
my clearnce will not be in question. as its not the topic and I only shared info hat is public knowledge.

Take a steo back and think how expoensive and unsafe space flight is, manned or unmanned. Apply logic and its easy to see, there is no secret sapce station.

awwwww, Mbla! you sweet little sweets. Cant wait to get home and have a drink or three with ya. Miss ya dude!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
What were his credentials? Did he present any proof?

I find it hard to believe that a retired General would speak about anything that is truely anything that is or was remotely secret.

Also don't be fool that someone has a TS security clearance. It is NOT an uncommon thing, depending on your job.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I thought everyone knew this, but Apollo 17 wasn't the last Apollo to fly, The Apollo–Soyuz Test Project (ASTP), dubbed, Apollo 18, flew in July 1975, and docked with a Russian Soyuz in orbit, and continued in orbit for 9 days, the last Apollo to fly.

link   
reminds me of another thread i read recently with guys story about space travel through the US Navy (cant remember which thread but will have a look) with similair accounts of travelling with ease through space to planets/asteroids etc.
I would be very surprised if the governments of the world had given up on the idea of space travel or not got further than the moon in the past 60 years.
If they can advance technologically in everything else on this planet, why not advance off the planet too?

I have said it in other threads that if you consider the tech of the time that put man on the moon, there is no way that they couldnt or wouldnt go back to the moon or further with the years of technological advances that have happened

link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I'd love to believe the OP but considering it is supposed to be somebody else's story it is far too detailed, a marker proffesionals would look for when working out if a story is true or not. On that basis I think this is not true.

What if the OP said he is the General and had sufficient knowledge about being such to convince the military/ex-military folks on here? Would that make it more believable?
edit on 1-9-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

if you still can i might conseder editing out the part how he owns a biz . for his protection . i mean you told a few more than all your friends . lol
amazing story
favorite part was the agents whith no names ...! so bad azz

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
bingo, no reitred General would be as stupid to give up precious OPSEC intel.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Thankyou for the interesting read. Bit of a stretch to believe mate, but interesting all the same.

I'm one of those people who don't believe the US ever made it to the moon in '69 or since. Not just because of the dodgy camera work (can someone please tell me WHO exactly filmed Neil Armstrong taking his first giant leap off that ladder from outside the capsule if he was the first guy out??), or because of the radiation belt etc. - but because I always thought the next logical step would have been (surely by now) to establish bases on the moon for further space exploration - sort of a jump off point. So it's interesting to hear your friend say there are, in fact, bases established up there.

But if an international partnership of space agencies had finally succeeded in establishing bases on the moon or Mars or Alpha Centauri, why on earth hide such an achievement from the world? Think of the possibilities!

Did your friend hint at a nefarious purpose for these bases? Was there a link between the earthquakes you mentioned and these space bases? Gotta love a good conspiracy!

p.s. someone please answer my Neil Armstrong question!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ASC Nole

What exactly is the intel given away here? I am not sure what OPSEC means.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by Frira

Lol, you think if a secret space program headed by SDI and DARPA existed they would launch from Cape Canaveral? No. I swear some times people make me laugh. "If this was going on, we would've known about it by now!!! We just.. would've had to know about it I swear we would've... Umm. Yeah"

edit: And the Black Budget programs, can't give SDI all the credit.
edit on 8/31/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

Then you are not aware of the massive infrastructure in place that it took to launch the Saturn Vs, not just the pad, but you need the vehicle assembly building and it has to be vertical, any 400+ foot high huge buildings out there at Area 51 or any desert Air Force base? Nope, not a one. Besides shipping the main body from Huntsville Alabama to a Nevada desert, really couldn't be done very secretly.

You should search and watch some real historic footage of the Space Race, see what it really took.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012king

There is no return of investment to send men to a dead dusty rock. Where would missions to the moon generate revenue?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Sorry but i disagree,

I am ex military and would have no problems sharing secrets i have come across

I did not have as high a rank as general, but it doesnt mean i havent seen things.
Once you leave the forces, there is no way that everybody keeps the secrets they have learned. Plus in my current job, i work with mainly ex military people who did have higher ranks and also had access to all kinds of info, and conversations like this(not exactly the same regarding space travel) do happen.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

reply to post by ASC Nole

Here read this, if you are interested on retired military breaking opsec. operational security:
www.veteranstoday.com...
Maybe I can quote something. approx 120 former military/government officials ranging from enlisted to officer, captain, 2ndlt, lt. col., full bird col's. etc have gone public and to the NPC on live television BREAKING your so called opsec. Come on dude. Lets be real here. It happens all the time, especially to men retired completely from the military. Dont try and act like a good ole military boy will never break opsec on the UFO and space program here. Here is the nuclear silo article also, here:
www.cbsnews.com...

So I guess all of these ICBM officers and retired military officers would never break opsec either huh?
I promise, I am finished now. Just still scratching my head by some of these responses.
edit on 1-9-2011 by vincenz32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
people are going to talk, no way around it.

thanks for being polite tho.

Im still young, but I dont see why retiremnet would all of a sudden bring on a reason to give up info such as this. the Chinese can and have knocked a object out of sapce, quite effectivly I might add. Why would any self respecting ex service member allow intel such as this to fall into those hands? just makes no logicical sense.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Its not about the revenue side of things, and lets be honest, billions go missing from military budgets and nothing gets said.
It doesnt matter who you are or how rich you are or whatever. People always will be inquisitive and want to know whats around the next corner. If i gave you a box and told you not to open it eventually you would want to know what was inside. The planet earth must be getting a bit boring for a military with a massive budget, so why not use some to leave earth and see whats about?
There is no revenue to be had from sending a rover to mars but they do it anyway to see whats there

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by Frira

Lol, you think if a secret space program headed by SDI and DARPA existed they would launch from Cape Canaveral? No. I swear some times people make me laugh. "If this was going on, we would've known about it by now!!! We just.. would've had to know about it I swear we would've... Umm. Yeah"

edit: And the Black Budget programs, can't give SDI all the credit.
edit on 8/31/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

Then you are not aware of the massive infrastructure in place that it took to launch the Saturn Vs, not just the pad, but you need the vehicle assembly building and it has to be vertical, any 400+ foot high huge buildings out there at Area 51 or any desert Air Force base? Nope, not a one. Besides shipping the main body from Huntsville Alabama to a Nevada desert, really couldn't be done very secretly.

You should search and watch some real historic footage of the Space Race, see what it really took.

What makes you think they would be using old tech like chemical rockets (saturn V:lol
) if they did have all this?
edit on 1-9-2011 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Something I've often considered is why with so many people involved in covert operations more haven't come foward over the years with anything resembling proof. Then it occured to me, if you're going to wanna ensure no leaks how would you go about it? Legal threats? "I wanna divuldge something I feel the entire planet has a right to know about - I'm in no way afraid of being taken to court." Being threatened with a firing squad? People get old and die naturally, but none has made a death-bed confession spilling the beans. So if legal or execution isn't a real obstacle, either there are no Big Secrets to divuldge (since no one ever has,) or they came up with a better threat.

"If you divuldge any of this, ever, not only will we execute you, but we'll kill your entire family tree." That's a threat that'd keep anyone silent, especially if they've ever actually done it. Like the scene at the end of "Unthinkable" when the interrogator brings the terrorist's children into the torture chamber. Though he didn't do anything it's not difficult to imagine a similar scene unfold somewhere but with a more realistic threat.

So, either there's nothing earth-shattering to divuldge, or there is and the threat that keeps people silent is really effective. So when this supposed general makes his claims my thinking is either he's the last of his family tree, or the whole thing is fictional anyway.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I hate that you are now discouraged from posting a thread again. Some people are not taught "manners" and if they were they do not remember how to show respect to an individual. Ego comes out and they begin to speak as if they are better, more informed, smarter, and all knowing. It is sad really and I am so sorry. Whether one believes you or not...they can at least respect your person with their words....just too hard for some though.

I enjoyed the read and thought it was "nothing I have not heard before". I have read, saw videos, and "heard from sources" that which you wrote.

It is amazing to me to think of so many on here who believe in all types of "weird" stuff yet they cannot wait to hurt someone with their words just to feel good about themselves. As this what you wrote is something out of the norm? Ha! PLEASE! Gosh, sometimes when I am on this site I think my kids are too, some of you sound JUST like them.

Maybe if you would have added in that the dude saw "Greys" they would believe.

Speaking of Greys.....they exist, we know they do, and if you don't then....wake up. We here in the US have went from no tech to massive tech within 50 years. Does everyone think we just all of a sudden became smarter beings? If so....how did we become so High Tech? Poof....we are going to the Moon? All of a sudden we are not launching the Shuttle anymore. No money? Come on.

We can fly unmanned airplanes to another Country by remote control?? Can we really? YES....we have seen this tech so we know it is a fact. What we see is what they want us to see. I can assure you it is "old tech".

We all know there are facilities underground. If you don't.....catch up on the collective knowledge.

So many dead who "spoke" about Aliens in Area 51. Astronauts have spoken about what they have seen and many get "abducted". Is everyone lying just to have a story? People dying offering confessions? Of course they are all lying.

Take the collective mind/knowledge and you have a percentage of Truth. This is as close as we will get unless there is a massive disclosure.

Peace and love to all of you!! xoxoxox

Jenn

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join