It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 Year Air Force General had a conversation with me about Secret Space Program

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeff197139
Something I've often considered is why with so many people involved in covert operations more haven't come foward over the years with anything resembling proof. Then it occured to me, if you're going to wanna ensure no leaks how would you go about it? Legal threats? "I wanna divuldge something I feel the entire planet has a right to know about - I'm in no way afraid of being taken to court." Being threatened with a firing squad? People get old and die naturally, but none has made a death-bed confession spilling the beans. So if legal or execution isn't a real obstacle, either there are no Big Secrets to divuldge (since no one ever has,) or they came up with a better threat.

"If you divuldge any of this, ever, not only will we execute you, but we'll kill your entire family tree." That's a threat that'd keep anyone silent, especially if they've ever actually done it. Like the scene at the end of "Unthinkable" when the interrogator brings the terrorist's children into the torture chamber. Though he didn't do anything it's not difficult to imagine a similar scene unfold somewhere but with a more realistic threat.

So, either there's nothing earth-shattering to divuldge, or there is and the threat that keeps people silent is really effective. So when this supposed general makes his claims my thinking is either he's the last of his family tree, or the whole thing is fictional anyway.

It would keep me silent, that's for a certainty.

I would imagine the threat of killing one's entire family, their families and everyone they ever knew and their families too would just about do it for most people.

The one's with no family probably take a long fall or have a heart attack / car crash / whatever.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Originally posted by Kratos40

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by SuperTripps

Me thinks Buzz Lightyear is off his meds. Or he's trying to inspire a renewed interest amongst the public at large to send people to Mars. Maybe a bit of both. Oh, wait , I got it... The Aliens put a monolith there and we STILL haven't found it yet. So they made 2001 to give us a clue, but we still didn't get it. So then they told Buzz to tell us cause we would believe him. After all, he is an astronaut. Mission to Phobos begins now. I wanna touch the monolith.

Actually, they did find it and the Russians and Chinese are a sending a probe to go check it out pretty soon. And relatively yes, the "Mission to Phobos begins now"...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83755b82b45d.jpg[/atsimg]

Phobos - GRUNT mission

I guess Buzz Aldrin wasn't off his rocker when he made that comment.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Kratos40 because: (no reason given)

Cheers for the images mate.

Although it has to be said Aldrin only ever mentioned 'the Mars monolith' after it had been extensively discussed right here on ATS.

Did i mention Aldrin is also part of a consortium that want to send cycling space hotels to Mars and back?

The idea is to build 3 or 4 massive ship / hotels in Earth orbit, powered using some kind or Ion / solar sail setup, and have them continually moving, using slingshots from both Mars and Earth to sustain or aid momentum, shuttles would then ferry the (presumably) very wealthy guests / passengers to the Martian surface for a walkabout, then shuttle them back to Earth when the 'cyclers' get back into Earth orbit.

Hardly surprising he's been bigging up Mars and this Monolith.

What is the monolith? If it's not natural, i've no idea, but if it's artificial i doubt humanity put it there, ET or ancient Martians perhaps, but i doubt it was us.

Geologically speaking, it is quite an interesting "formation". If you compare it to a nearby boulder with an incidence light angle causing a shadow, the monolith should be almost 4 or 5 times as tall. That is a big bugger of a a rock that is just standing out there without any erosional effects. If you think about it, if it was a meteorite how could its shape survive the impact? The only other possible case if it the huge impact that produced the "eye" on Phobos could have caused it to come out of the strata. Is it a granite peak?

edit on 2-9-2011 by Kratos40 because: Classified

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eye of Horus
reply to post by smarterthanyou

First off in your beginning statement, you specified that a " 33 year Brig General". First clue. I was in the usaf for 20 years, and unless your rank is 4 stars and have a high job application like a commander of european operations, asian operations command, middle east operations command, or a member of the JCS. Then you'll be in the service over the 20 year mandatory retirment limit. A 1 star general won't be in the service for 33 years, no matter what section they run.

It was a nice story and maybe there are things us normal folks arn't prevee too.
I believe in alot of things which most would think were out there, but like I said a 1 star general wouldn't be in the service past the 20 year mandatory retirement.

You were played.

That's not true. A one star could easily have 33 years of service for any number of reasons, including prior enlisted service. 10 USC Section 635 which is here lays out the basics. An O-6, i.e.: a Colonel, must retire after 30 years of service (not 20), an O-5 at 28 years of service.

So although the concept of High Year Tenure is correct, you are WAY OFF BASE claiming a General has to retire at 20. You are not normally appointed to an O-6 (Colonel) position until you have completed 22 years of service as is shown here.

You must have been enlisted.

edit on 9/2/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Having spent 20 years in the Army I have come to one truth, a lot of vets inflate their careers.

If someone tells you they were a Brig Gen, they were most likely a Maj or light Col.

Go to POWnetwork.com to see how rampant this problem is.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatScot
reply to post by spikey

Quotes from text on uk bbc news said the second plane unmanned and in control by computer was flying at 18.700+ mph and spotted a problem on board and bailed into the sea.

also remember hearing about this new type of plane thats made of this metal when heated becomes lighter than helium and moves non stop with very little thrust given at take off, this is the stuff they tell us imagine what they got hidden away.

Maybe our leaders are conspiracy nuts like most off us and are really preping incase of an alien invasion that may never come.

better safe than sorry and why tell us we would go mad at the prospect of aliens even existing or our top brass even thinking about it. Never heard of the 4 P .PLAN&PREPERATION, PREVENTS, PANDEMONIUM

Thanks for that GreatScot,

Interesting information, especially the lighter than helium metal (when heated). I'd like to learn more about that.

I had heard of the '4P', think it was during the 'nuclear threat era'...we also had a saying when i was in the Army, but i think the filters or mods wouldn't like it. The acronym was BBB (3B) for a clue, the last two B's stood for Baffles Brains.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by vincenz32

Where to begin? You accept that this man was a Brigadier General, which he had not mentioned the previous 10 years you'd known him. How likely is that? He "admitted" to having a TOP SECRET clearance, as well as a "need to know" clearance. ALL classified information is on a "need to know" basis. I had a TOP SECRET clearance, but that didn't mean I could just peruse classified materials until I saw something interesting. I could only access those things required for my job.

He told you there were Apollo 18, 19 and 20 missions. This is nonsense. The facilities required to stack and launch a Saturn V are enormous, because the rocket is enormous. Could a Saturn V be manufactured, transported, assembled or launched covertly? Every nut and bolt of all Apollo hardware was documented by a long paper trail, and is accounted for. High as a 36 story building, containing the explosive power of a tactical nuclear weapon, a Saturn's launch sets off seismographs; it can be seen from hundreds of miles away. If you've witnessed the awesome power of a Saturn V launch, as I have, and you know what is required to launch one, you know how ridiculous such claims are.

But he doesn't stop there. He goes on to speak of joint missions to Mars and "gravity propulsion" and triangular and circular craft.

So, a "buddy" of yours you've worked with for 10 years suddenly reveals he used to be an Air Force general, that we've got these massive underground facilities but he's never seen them, that we somehow launched secret Apollo missions, and now we have been to Mars (with China and Russia no less) and have advanced "ultrasonic and gravity-type projects".

And you just accept all of this without the slightest shred of evidence? In fact, you go so far as calling it "personal tangible evidence that this stuff really exists". I hate to burst your bubble, but someone telling you something is neither tangible nor proof.

If I said "I am Ydnar, from the planet Omicron Persei 8", is that enough proof for you?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
Okay, maybe I've been on ATS too long - but my reaction to the story was "What is a retired general doing out working a construction business?" I thought that all the retired officers went to K street to represent, or directly work for, the massive defense contractor machinery? If he really gave up those bucks to run a non-defense company, I think that might even be bigger news.

I knew a 4 Star General who was farming until he died at 80.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
thanks for the info, it only confirms what many others have claimed before. UFOs are top secret man made objects.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

Wow.... thanx for that reply with photos of "object" on Mars. If anything can make me eat my figurative hat, it is actual evidence. I love the unmanned exploration stuff that has been going on in my life time and always enjoy analyzing data of the far reaches of the solar system with-my-own-eyes. Thanx again for taking the time to upload those pics of Phobos, I really dig that.
I must say that the "monolith" thingy there looks intriguing. It is tall and square (shadow) and appears to have some disturbance of the ground at its base. Brightly lit from the sun, it appears out of place in it surroundings. So does the smaller one to the south east in the 1st pic. Not knowing the exposure (over contrasted), the gravity of phobos, how tall it is, or what other spire like features lie nearby, it is difficult for me to draw a definitive conclusion
based on these photos.
Thank you for setting me straight. I eagerly await the results of any further missions. Has Surveyor made any further passes at this region of Phobos?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

reply to post by SuperTripps

Me thinks Buzz Lightyear is off his meds. Or he's trying to inspire a renewed interest amongst the public at large to send people to Mars. Maybe a bit of both. Oh, wait , I got it... The Aliens put a monolith there and we STILL haven't found it yet. So they made 2001 to give us a clue, but we still didn't get it. So then they told Buzz to tell us cause we would believe him. After all, he is an astronaut. Mission to Phobos begins now. I wanna touch the monolith.

Actually, they did find it and the Russians and Chinese are a sending a probe to go check it out pretty soon. And relatively yes, the "Mission to Phobos begins now"...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83755b82b45d.jpg[/atsimg]

Phobos - GRUNT mission

I guess Buzz Aldrin wasn't off his rocker when he made that comment.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Kratos40 because: (no reason given)

Cheers for the images mate.

Although it has to be said Aldrin only ever mentioned 'the Mars monolith' after it had been extensively discussed right here on ATS.

Did i mention Aldrin is also part of a consortium that want to send cycling space hotels to Mars and back?

The idea is to build 3 or 4 massive ship / hotels in Earth orbit, powered using some kind or Ion / solar sail setup, and have them continually moving, using slingshots from both Mars and Earth to sustain or aid momentum, shuttles would then ferry the (presumably) very wealthy guests / passengers to the Martian surface for a walkabout, then shuttle them back to Earth when the 'cyclers' get back into Earth orbit.

Hardly surprising he's been bigging up Mars and this Monolith.

What is the monolith? If it's not natural, i've no idea, but if it's artificial i doubt humanity put it there, ET or ancient Martians perhaps, but i doubt it was us.

Geologically speaking, it is quite an interesting "formation". If you compare it to a nearby boulder with an incidence light angle causing a shadow, the monolith should be almost 4 or 5 times as tall. That is a big bugger of a a rock that is just standing out there without any erosional effects. If you think about it, if it was a meteorite how could its shape survive the impact? The only other possible case if it the huge impact that produced the "eye" on Phobos could have caused it to come out of the strata. Is it a granite peak?

edit on 2-9-2011 by Kratos40 because: Classified

Yah, can't make heads or tails of this seeming anomaly either. What if they get there and there are pictographs on the damn thing?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It's possible that it's a long layer of strata, or granite peak as you say.

Not impossible, let's say it like that.
It could have been pushed up from the ground level, as the rock was compressed during a large impact.

Something like that or indeed a large fragment thrown up at the correct angle, may well embed like 'a monolithic Javelin'...

Or of course, it may be completely artificial in nature.

The frustrating thing is the knowledge that even if the new Phobos missions get there and are successful, we'd never be privy to a discover of an artificial 'space station Phobos, or any artifacts found on the surface.

We'd be reduced to scouring through the crumb like offerings of images that made it through the human and electronic filtering systems, as we do now.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by Eye of Horus

20 years is required to get your retirement but that doesn't mean you cannot serve longer if you wish to and they still have a job for you. His retirement will just start when he leaves duty, or maybe that 13 years he was working were considered retirement years but he got full pay for being active duty. Perhaps he made a special contract to be able to serve in an advisory capacity as a 1-star. Do we really know all of the specifics of duty limits? All we really know is the retirement policy, 20 years. Please correct me and provide quoted info if possible.

I was in back in the 80s. At that time there was no mandatory retirement age,If you made it to 30 years you would get full military pay, You would be forced out only if you couldnt compete or pass physicals, etc

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Wow.... thanx for that reply with photos of "object" on Mars. If anything can make me eat my figurative hat, it is actual evidence. I love the unmanned exploration stuff that has been going on in my life time and always enjoy analyzing data of the far reaches of the solar system with-my-own-eyes. Thanx again for taking the time to upload those pics of Phobos, I really dig that.
I must say that the "monolith" thingy there looks intriguing. It is tall and square (shadow) and appears to have some disturbance of the ground at its base. Brightly lit from the sun, it appears out of place in it surroundings. So does the smaller one to the south east in the 1st pic. Not knowing the exposure (over contrasted), the gravity of phobos, how tall it is, or what other spire like features lie nearby, it is difficult for me to draw a definitive conclusion
based on these photos.
Thank you for setting me straight. I eagerly await the results of any further missions. Has Surveyor made any further passes at this region of Phobos?

Just some comments to make something clear that this is on Phobos, and NOT on Mars. Two things strike me as curious. The "brightness" of the solar side of the object, and the shadow caused by the incidence of solar lighting. And as an aside, you will notice that the nearby ground has been "tossed" around a bit.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black Ops
This thread is just about dead, but wanted to put my 2 cents in...

Apparently it's not. However, We all appreciate your prediction though. Let me know the next time that you look into your crystal ball because I would love to know how this weekends fantasy football draft that I am doing is gonna turn out.
~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If someone told me they were involved in covering up the story they were telling me I wouldn't believe a single word of it. I do believe a lot of what you posted but I certainly wouldn't feel that his conversation with me validated any of it.
edit on 3-9-2011 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by vincenz32

interesting story..no offense,but I'm saying that's all it is. Are you writing a book ?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Its a pimple and phobos is hitting puberty

Sorry I couldnt resist, you gotta admit it kinda looks like a pimple and sticks out like a sore thumb.
edit on 3-9-2011 by demoncleaner because: dammit

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by astroroach

Probably 6 months ago, I have seen many rockets going into space, and I call nasa everytime i see them, they said no scheduled launches today.

So, im not saying its true, but if we launch it somewhere in the desert, no life for hundreds of miles, It is possible, the only thing they would have to worry about is someone seeing it go into space, which i dont think they care about.

I saw one going up kinda fast, it looked to be more metallic and shiny than a usuall one, and I could see it it rotating while it was going up, like normal the exhaust gas or whatever it called was coming out, but it went away within seconds

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Having spent 20 years in the Army I have come to one truth, a lot of vets inflate their careers.

If someone tells you they were a Brig Gen, they were most likely a Maj or light Col.

Go to POWnetwork.com to see how rampant this problem is.

I'm sure that's true. Some people don't believe that I actually made E-3! But the scenario described is not completely out of bounds. The High Year Tenure information originally provided is completely wrong.

However, it does give us something to go on. An officer likely started out at 22 after finishing college. 33 years of service would make him 55 at retirement unless he went to West Point or enlisted and went to an equivalent of the "Seaman to Admiral" priogram (Yeah: Navy vs USAF. Just sayin') which could make him 51 at retirement. Since this latter scenario is relatively rare, I'm going with 55. This scenario fits all the regulations and age at retirement requirements. Although I would quibble with his use of the term "flag" in referring to rank--this is clearly a Navy term--the rest is intrnally consistent.

OP has known this guy for ten years, he says, which makes him at least 65. So if OP is making all this up, he can add this to his story. If he's not and the guy is clearly younger, OP has clear evidence that the story is not true.

NONE of the information OP has presented is really new. For that matter, it is not proven, either. The only new twist I see is the idea that we put the obelisk on Phobos in cooperation with the Russians and Chinese. The most likely scenario to me is that this story has been put together by someone via bar room chatter and paying attention to stories as presented on ATS. It's short on proof and long on speculation. Whether this was done by the OP or "the General," I can't say.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Yes I realize there could be underground ICBM type installations out of view but I fail to see what return of investment there is in launching Saturn Vs after the cancellation of the program which was largely political. The real mission specialists were irate NASA did that publicity stunt with the Soyuz instead of assisting the life of Skylab.

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join