It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Back to School" Conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...had another thought on this...
...if you wanted to teach that teacher a thang or two, you could ask them to do the same assignment for the benefit of the parents, so they know what kind of person is teaching their child...

thats a great idea...hopefully some kid will suggest it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

...had another thought on this...
...if you wanted to teach that teacher a thang or two, you could ask them to do the same assignment for the benefit of the parents, so they know what kind of person is teaching their child...

I did EXACTLY that. Thanks for the idea! Mom and I sent it back in with his incomplete homework and a note that said:

Dear Teacher,

Before our son completes this blatant invasion of privacy assignment, I will require that you complete the same information for me.

I then wrote the questions out for her and told her I prefer photos of all her family members.

Upon completion of this assignment, I will have our son return the assigned homework to you for review. Sincerely, ______________

This should be fun!
edit on 31-8-2011 by SumerianSoldier because: spelling

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Why would they go through the effort of compiling data on a child? What benefit could that possibly serve? Is there some secret letter organization compiling data tirelessly off of construction paper?

Besides, in a few years, 99.9% of those kids will have a Facebook account with enough dirt accumulating over their dumb teenage years to blackmail them for life.

Some ideas are best left unexplored.

Dead End, IMO

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SumerianSoldier

...what'd your son think about the plan?...

...too bad ya cant wire him up so we can see her reaction...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

He's laughing it up, but he had already done his homework; providing false information and using pictures from magazines. I'm happy to say, I look JUST LIKE Johnny Depp, my wife is Rose McGowan. His siblings are ALL supermodels, our animals our big game cats from the African Savannah, except for the black rhino, and he has visited Jupiter, Mars, and Saturn and would one day like to visit (wait for it....) Uranus. I think we trained him well...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

...very funny...
...hope it all goes well...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

I love it when people post stuff like this. I think it would be great if citizen activists made a habit of posting anything at all that raises an eyebrow so that it can be subjected to public scrutiny; thanks, OP.

Some people would have no idea about this sort of thing unless others brought it to our attention.

So yeah, it looks for all the world as though someone is creating a database. I guess the question is, where do they go after the teacher gets them?

I agree with Frater and his genius unicorn familiar

Nothing about your description alarmed me until reading that pictures were preferred to text. Really? Since when does a teacher worth her salt request pictures over prose? Anyhoo, it raised a red flag because of facial recognition software and its potential use when creating a database.

In my opinion, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to call the teacher, introduce yourself, and request the url to the teacher's "history" page. Considering it probably wouldn't be available, I would clarify concern for allowing family photos off family property, given it's the digital age of photoshop. I know it sounds paranoid - I agree with anyone chuckling right now. But I find it odd that, rather than reading a report of your family history - maybe even some geneological research - to the class, the teacher wants pictures. Maybe the teacher is simply lazy.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SumerianSoldier

He's laughing it up, but he had already done his homework; providing false information and using pictures from magazines. I'm happy to say, I look JUST LIKE Johnny Depp, my wife is Rose McGowan. His siblings are ALL supermodels, our animals our big game cats from the African Savannah, except for the black rhino, and he has visited Jupiter, Mars, and Saturn and would one day like to visit (wait for it....) Uranus. I think we trained him well...

I'm dying to hear what happened! Did she reply?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join