It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mushy manga/anime plots..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hi, this is my second post I hope I'm not over doing it but I just wanted to rant about mushy manga/anime it's totally ticking me off, maybe I should give you an example: Full moon wo saga#e- about a girl with throat cancer and she's in love with her childhood friend blah blah blah... it was so mushy I could die my idea of a decent manga would be like Jigoku shoujo: About a series of people committing sins and Enma Ai ferries them to hell....now that's a good anime!
then there's other anime's where there's too many air head's circling around the main character and he's head over heals in love with them blah blah blah that's totally aggravating!
then there's decent ones like Red Lion where the main girl is strong and not a air head and totally kicks butt at fighting! well, what's your opinion?
Your opinion counts too!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Don't even get me started on all that. It's so hard to find a comic or cartoon(I refuse to use the terms "anime" or "manga") that would appeal to a male demographic. My wife, on the other hand, is totally wrapped up in that stuff. She made me watch a cartoon called His and Her's Circumstances or something like that. It was a bit mushy, but I'll admit that it had a pretty good and really dark plot.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Haha, I just prefer to use the term anime or manhwa.
Thanks for the post!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pussycat

One of my personal favorites is Tsubasa. I read the qraphic novels tho, never checked the anime.
Samurai 7 is awesome. Have the box set.
GTO is a classic, hilarious, with characters that seem to be steretypical or archetypical at first, but reveal great depth and complexity as the series goes on. Rather like real life, IMO. But still maintaining some of the traditional "exaggerated" antics of anime humor.

Negima is a fun read. Dunno about the anime. It is along the lines of the one male character surrounded by improbably nubile females, but has enough original background and environment to make it not like the typical anime comedy/drama(which are annoying, I agree. A few have purely subjective aesthetic value to me, but most are crap)

I may think of more when my brain warms up.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pussycat

Reason I don't use the terms is because I spent 3 years in Japan and all my friends laughed at me when I used those terms. If I were speaking in Japanese, it would be appropriate. But when speaking in English, there's no need to use Japanese terms for cartoon and comic.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I prefer my Anime series to have some depth too.

these are my favorites

1 Ghost in The Shell Stand alone Complex and 2nd Gig

2 Cowboy Bebop

3 Deathnote

4 Serial Experiments Lain

5 Monster

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
i prefer the 'mushy' anime's. k-on being one of my favourites.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

You might like these ones, Jubei-Chan, Ninja Nonsense (very funny) and Noein

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Your lucky you went to Japan

new topics

top topics

join