It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT. Anybody Want $10,500,000?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So this just showed up in my spam filter. Is anybody actually still falling for this?

Greetings From Mr. Dickson,

Dear partner,

I know that this message may come to you as a surprise since we have never met before.

However, I decided to reach you through email due to urgency and confidentiality which my proposal demands.

I am Mr. Dickson, A Banker, and Head of Operations with (BANK OF AFRICA BURKINA FASO )in West Africa .

There is the sum of $10,5 Million Dollars currently in my branch, The money belong to one of my client who died without a decree or WILL, and since 2003 nobody has operated on this account. Again hence the money is floating and if I do not remit this money out urgently it will be forfeited for nothing and Government of Burkina Faso will confiscate the funds for their personal use which I personally don't want such incident to happen seeing that this is a great opportunity for me and you, I decided to ask for your assistance to make the claim

That is why I ask that we work together, I will be pleased to work with you as trusted person and see that the fund is transferred out of my Bank into another Bank Account which you are going to provide, Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated Bank account we shall then share it in the ratio of 60% for me, 40% for you. Meanwhile, all the legal papers will be processed in your acceptance to prove our legality of the claim.

If you agree to my business proposal, further details of the transfer will be forwarded to you as soon as i receive your return mail, accompany with the below informations which is needed urgently to enable me make necessary changes in the bank system and make sure your name appear as the rightful beneficiary before we apply for the claim.

1. Full name
2: Your private telephone and Fax numbers.
3. Occupations and Nationality.
4. Date of Birth
5. Present Location.

Hoping to hear from you as soon as possible to begin with the processes of claim of this fund.

My Regards to your family,

Mr. Dickson

PHONE NUMBER 0022675455007
I just cannot believe things like this are still floating around the internet. I wonder how he got my email address anyway?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I get one of these emails atleast once a week. It's annoying, but that's what the junk folder is for

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
These scams are classic but really its old news.

Scamming is quite the elaborate business, but that's of course because its a very old practice.

Its like the rise in new age spirituality, or its predecessor catholosicm.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I always reply telling them I need a $5000 handling fee up front, then we get into replies back and forth about how they can't do that, it's hilarious how they try to argue with you about who's going to scam who LOL
edit on 31-8-2011 by Konstantinos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
What happened to that African prince who wanted to buy my car off eBay?

For every 1000 attempts these scammers make, there really is one idiot out there who will cough up their bank account numbers for them. To say their attempts are futile and stupid aren't taking into account the 1 in 1000 that do bite that worm.

I think these people should be taken to North Korea and have their hands, feet, and tongue chopped off in the town square in front of the public.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
419 scamming is alive and well. They are constantly refining their methods, but "old reliable" still works quite well for them. As long as people keep believing they can get something for nothing, these guys will be there.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ah the lads from lagos, least they've found the caps lock keys

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria

Lads? Are you on Eater?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by Maxatoria

Lads? Are you on Eater?

i love this site The Register so i always thing of them that way

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I gotta say, I prefer 419Eater.com.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
someone by the name of "Storiour Stubbes" from south africa approved me for a wire transfer 2day.... i just need to pay some service charges and taxes up front and then ill get the money... oh joy
this must be my lucky day!!!!

seriously.. i dont get much spam with gmail but these clowns send me a silly scheme every month or 2 telling me i won money or some bullshyte same story everytime with a slight twist.

i would direct your attention to this epic counter scammer site.

www.419eater.com

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

indeed

that site has been up for a long time too

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What's your favorite tattoo bait?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

There's a sucker born every day - P.T Barnum

I rest my case...

GM

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Dang, when I read the thread title I thought I was gonna get some money to play with. This feels the same as when my lotto ticket fails after a week of dreaming of what it would be like...

new topics

top topics

join