It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do girls need make-up? -_-

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

Male fashion was once very flamboyant, true. That was what I was getting at
Evolutionarily speaking the male is usually the "pretty" one and the females are more plain. It has always confused me that women are the ones that feel the need to dress up, use makeup and are considered the pretty ones, when logically it should be the males. Then again there is Jersey.

As for the lingerie bit. I guess that would follow along the same thoughts. I shudder at the idea though
Social pressures and all, you know?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pussycat

I think that a little mascara and lip gloss is ok.....if you are a young teen girl. I also think...even if you are a grown woman....don't over do it. Makeup is ment to enhance what you were born with. If a person just globs on the makeup...you end up seeing the makeup....and not the person. If makeup (in my opinion) is put on correctly...the woman will still have a natural..fresh look.

A lot of the makeup styles that are seen on TV etc. have very thick eyeliner, heavy uses of eyeshadow, false eye lashes, globs of face makeup....and bright red lipstick. So I think many copy this style.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
boys like what they see....girls like what they hear

thats why

girls wear makeup

...and boys lie

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I don't see a problem with girls wearing make up, as long as we are talking about teens and not 8 year olds. If it helps them feel better about themselves then I'm all for it. Humans were decorating their bodies thousands of years before any of us were born and will be thousands of years after we are all long gone.

Strict...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Have ya's never thought that women wear make-up because that's what men like, and men don't wear make-up cos women would never go near them. Men would love to lather themselves in it but would never find a partner if they did.

Blame them.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I never got the pencil thin eyebrows thing. How is it attractive to look constantly surprised?

I also know girls who hate make-up but dye their hair every week. Personally I'd rather see your good old boring real hair colour than some fancy one that is going to give your hair the appearance and texture of fresh cut straw.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed
reply to post by adraves

Maybe this is the source of all the gender confusion in the world today. Maybe men are the ones suppose to wear lingerie

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I personally wear a bit of makeup when I go out so I don't look like a ghoul and scare people

It's like putting on smart clothes and armour.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Make-up is used to create illusions. Some become addicted to that or the effect it has on others. .

Girls wear make-up to look older, more sophisticated & perhaps to attract others..

Women wear make up to look younger, as it fills in the lines of time & imperfections.

Why do men wear stupid looking ties and jackets?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Think if make up was never invented, then the bar would be lowered for all women so the ones that were 6's would appear to be 9 or 10's to all men...... Think about the pictures of women you saw from way back in the day, they are pretty ugly right? To men back then those women were beautiful... I think make up has ruined the way women should be and sucked up a lot of their self confidence....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Welcome to humanity... All of us are imperfect and everyone is 'guilty' (including you!). Whether that is good, bad or irrelevant is either a question of outlook or a distraction in itself.

The rest is a one-word answer: Mojo.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't know that they necessarily "need" makeup as want makeup. Why? To look better. It is as simple as that.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I know I prefer women who don`t use make-up. I actually would be interested in a woman without makeup before one who does wear it.

I don`t really think tattoos are the same thing, though. Tattoos just accentuate the body, they don`t conceal anything (usually).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join