It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football Players Penalized for pointing towards Heaven.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

that player may have gotten the penalty, but if you watch the video the ref does not throw the flag until the team goes and has a group celebration,and that is what is not allowed if only one person from that team would have been in the end zone there would have been no penalty. why does everyone on here have to think that there is "some hidden agenda" in every little thing. it was a penalty in a high school football game, one that was given for excessive celebration, nothing more to it than that.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Would pointing to hell be acceptable as in pointing to the ground?

Would it have made the news?

If the act was anything other then pointing to the sky - - I doubt it would have gone viral on the net.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by gncnew

Atheist is the rejection of belief in deity. So please explain to me how this "nitwit" is wrong is laughing at the idea of an Atheist symbol?

You claimed atheism was [paraphrased] "belief in nothing".

Then it was all a case of denial, that atheists just fear/hate god.

You haven't the slightest clue what atheism is and by attempting to ridicule them with a puerile understanding you emphasize your ignorance rather than your straw man victory.

Maybe you will take the time to educate yourself to prevent a similar situation in the future. Or you can just ad-hom me since that's a lot easier and more emotionally satisfying.

You took a specific quote - aimed at one person, and turned it into a generalized statement to everyone that claims the title.

Look - I appreciate you sticking up for your "buddies" - but this is a generalization way bigger than mine.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
People who are offended by a mere gesture expressed during a sports event need to get professional help from a therapist instead of being put into positions where they can pass laws.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
A more proud atheist than me his hard to find. They could give Holy Communion in the end zone for all I care. Love me some football - Let's go Ravens!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

A more proud atheist than me his hard to find. They could give Holy Communion in the end zone for all I care. Love me some football - Let's go Ravens!

I'm a Christian. I LOVE my football. Amen to that statement, dude.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm not even a Christian and I think this is total bullsh*t on part of the school. WTF ever happened to freedom of expression? And to whoever said it's a rule and the players were aware of it and that people pay to watch a game not witness God or w/e, please, give me a break. Most people at a high school game come to watch their friends and/or family play football -- it's as simple as that, no need to bring all the political correctness BS into it.

All the pathetic, weak-willed people in America bowing down to the nanny state need to grow the f**k up and realize there are different religions and philosophies in this world and get used to it. All this "I'm being offended because they believe in a different God than me and are expressing it" garbage is absolutely ridiculous.

The First Amendment exists not to protect the speech you do like but to protect the speech you DON'T like.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

I'm going to go ahead and guess that you have a chip on your shoulder because you were always picked last in scrimmage football.

So was I.

Everytime.

But that is of no matter, sports are a fundemental need for kids to learn about furthering themselves physically, as well as in social coherancy. Us vs. them has been, and always will be a factor in humanity. Won't change. Try as the bleedhards do, it will not change. Tell a racecar driver that competion is evil. Maybe they love driving fast. Tell a weightlifter that he should chill out. Good luck.

Sillyness, all around.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronArm
Sillyness, all around.

Why did it make the news and go viral?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Pretty simple answer there. It went viral because of over-pampered wimps who are worried that anything regarding the idea of God will destroy the earth and the beauty of their guarded lives.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Pretty simple answer there. It went viral because of over-pampered wimps who are worried that anything regarding the idea of God will destroy the earth and the beauty of their guarded lives.

Thank you.

Someone finally admits - - it went viral because it was a diss on God.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Whew, almost thought you understood me there.

Its a dis' on the people who have a belief. Is it illegal for someone to have a faith? According to you and like-minded folk, it should be right?

Is it 'viral' (which seems quite and overstatement) because of people who hate the idea of a Creator or because people are defending their rights?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Whew, almost thought you understood me there.

Its a dis' on the people who have a belief. Is it illegal for someone to have a faith? According to you and like-minded folk, it should be right?

Is it 'viral' (which seems quite and overstatement) because of people who hate the idea of a Creator or because people are defending their rights?

mmm hmmmm

So you are backing out of your claim and side stepping it just like every other believer poster did?

Oh wait - - its my fault for misunderstanding your intent. Uh huh.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

How am I backing out?

I'm posing an iquiry as to what you think has truly spured the root of this problem.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join