It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Can't Win

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayiamu
reply to post by The Old American

word is ..Texas is doing about as well as any state in the Union now ...

Rick Perry at the helm ....

Economically, we're doing better than most. And if you think that has anything to do with Mr. Perry, you haven't done your research. He's tried his best to kill Texas, but we have competent people in our state legislature to thwart him at every turn.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by deadmessiah

I never claimed he's done anything treasonous and i've always backed up every single claim i've made. I challenge you to find an instance where I haven't.

Trying to undermine the law of the land by passing unconstitutional legislation is treason. Your arguments have more holes in them than my cheese grater does.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

WOW WOW, You specifically told me that laws were fluid and we had no rights tecniqually under the constitution only whats granted by courts. There is no law of the land only what we follow one moment to the next. Using your understanding implied powers can become null invode if enough people and the courts decide to repeal such acts, there is no wrong or right only what is and the progress of change correct?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Oh, in case you didn't know the definition of "treason" here it is: dictionary.reference.com...

I like to back my arguments with proof

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah

reply to post by deadmessiah

I never claimed he's done anything treasonous and i've always backed up every single claim i've made. I challenge you to find an instance where I haven't.

Trying to undermine the law of the land by passing unconstitutional legislation is treason. Your arguments have more holes in them than my cheese grater does.

Rep. Ron Paul (R-​TX) introduced the Orwellian-​named “We The People Act” again last week, which seeks to prohibit the Supreme Court — and all federal courts — from ruling on cases involving religious liberty, sexual orientation, family relations, education, and abortion. This would effectively allow the fifty states fifty different codes on all social issues, and devour the “full faith and credit clause,” also known as Article Four, Section 1, of the United States Constitution, as well as weaken due process under the Fourteenth Amendment.

The bill currently has no co-​sponsors.

thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...
That's about as unconstitutional as you can get. That would be me backing up my claim.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You also told to me the courts have the power to declare the constitution is unconstitutional. Now explain to me how that is logical. I might not be a scholar but there is a contradiction in this type of thinking.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Rick Perry is Christian ... is the Governor of the most productive state in the union ..and has the vision and constituency to lead us out of the quagmire!

Rick Perry for President!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

That's not unconstitutional. That's right in line with the 10nth Amendment. Please, stop digging the hole you're already in any deeper.

rationalwiki.org... - Did you even read the bill? My guess is no, you didn't. You found the first site you could find critical of Paul and copy-pasta'd without looking at the bill. You just got someone's opinion that is critical of Paul.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Rick Perry is Christian

Not very representative of your entire population is it?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Its a testament to his character and vision .... Christianity is a truly moral and ethical doctrine if it is applied....

Rick Perry can restore sorely needed order and moral compass....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Its a testament to his character and vision .... Christianity is a truly moral and ethical doctrine if it is applied....

Rick Perry can restore sorely needed order and moral compass....

Hitler was a Christian.

"I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.." - Mein Kampf

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Christianity is a truly moral and ethical doctrine if it is applied....

So is Buddhism, and a number of other religions I can think of off the top of my head.

BTW - Has anyone one else got "Another one bites the dust" song by Queen playing in their heads right now?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Rick Perry is Christian ... is the Governor of the most productive state in the union ..and has the vision and constituency to lead us out of the quagmire!

Rick Perry is a Christian when it is convenient for him to be so. In truth, he's a charlatan and snake-oil salesman, and you're buying what he's selling.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Rick Perry simply draws upon his faith when necessary ... different from convenience.....

and he's not wrapped up in paranoid driven conspiracy theories ..

much like Charlie Veitch .. I have come to realize that all of the conspiracy chasing is breeding negativity and paranoia... its time to join the human race folks ... Rick Perry will represent us the way we should be seen globally ....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Latest Quinnipiac poll............

Perry 28%
Paul 9% behind Romney, Palin, and Bachmann.

I'm sure Paul would have done better but this poll was actually limited to "registered Republicans"......you know the people that actually vote for their parties nominee.

Ron Paul can't win with restrictions like that on him.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I want a President to stand up and protect the people of the United States. As well as protect us from the corporations and elite that are robbing American's of there resources.

My water is polluted with fluriode. Rivers, creeks, oceans...polluted with radiation, chemicals and oil.

My air is polluted and it's not second hand smoke. More like Pesticides being sprayed.

My food is polluted with GMO and rBGH.

When someone can stand up and say that they're doing something about this then I may start to listen to what they have to say. Otherwise I'm not going to be living long enough to care.

edit on 31-8-2011 by relocator because: corrected spelling

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Star and flag for your bravery, chief.
It takes some eggs to take on the Night of the Living Paul that ATS has become.
Politics is game of compromise. No one ever gets exactly what they want, so concessions are made, and laws happen. Paul's whole game has been "if I don't like it, then NO, no discourse, no meeting in the middle, just NO. It's his way, or the highway. THAT IS HIS VOTING RECORD. We get it. And we don't like it.

Imagine, nay, pretend, we have a President Paul. What happens when the first budget crosses HIS desk? What kind of impasse can we expect? Phhhht!
Anything he would try to do would be beat by a 2/3 congress against. Because he's never even had that for him in the first place!
edit on 31-8-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Here's one for you. He believes the 10th amendment trumps the implied powers given to Congress in the Constitution even though the Supreme Court has upheld the implied powers.

Ron Paul does not know his Constitution or recognize the fact that the Supreme Court is the Law of the Land.

What trumps a Supreme Court ruling? There is 1 answer.
Do you know what the Bill of Rights are?
Do you know what laws passed by congress, senate, and president are automatically void?
What you have here is a selective enforcement system. Those that enforce it won't include themselves. So basically, what you are not seeing, or maybe just not mentioning, is that this situation was brought about by those acting in the interests of self-advancement rather than our country. This 1 man, Dr Ron Paul, whom has been consistent in his 30 years of service, can bring all that the financial elite have built up at the cost of our sweat to a screeching stop. And they know it. This being the case, they must employ certain counter-measures through people that don't know their good intentions are actually paving the way to hell for this country. Wake up or go get some more lovin' from your corporate masters.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

You must have missed my last two posts.

Can you tell us what issues you disagree with Ron Paul on and why he is taking the wrong stances on those issues?

I can tell you why I oppose Rick Perry: He wants to continue spending trillions of dollars on wars while also lowering taxes, and that will in no way get us out of debt. He wants to continue the unwinnable, hypocritical Drug War which has cost the taxpayers around $1 trillion and jails hundreds of thousands of people annually. He also supports the Patriot Act.

And finally, this ex-cheerleader also opposes gay marriage which is just retarded, and he favors teacher-led prayers in public schools.

And why do you oppose Ron Paul? Because his ideas and delivery are "too thin and lacking".

:bnghd:
edit on 31-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Oh no you Di'int!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join