It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had lunch in Galveston last Saturday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
and I'd like to declare Gulf of Mexico seafood safe and tasty!!

This started as a friend asking me to help him move some stuff from a storage building in Galveston back home to North Louisiana. I don't get out much so the road trip was on!

Didn't have time to stop at NASA but here's a pic going through Houston-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb04e383b6b9.jpg[/atsimg]

Thank God it wasn't rush hour...

I haven't been to Galveston since Hurricane Ike, and was surprised to see the damage that remained, although many have rebuilt. We went to an awesome seaside restaurant, Gaido's. I highly recommend this place (and I know seafood!), great food, great atmosphere-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1bb75bb47f67.jpg[/atsimg]

Our view from the table-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3531a78e9616.jpg[/atsimg]

My friend used to work there, so I had inside info on the unusual waitress situation...in the summer they have a work-exchange program with the Ukraine and Russia, all the waitresses work and live there for a few months...very hot, Good Lord, and the accents drive me crazy

Anyways, here's the good stuff-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bff32e8faf46.jpg[/atsimg]

This is the first time I've ever been to the beach and not been able to even get my feet wet
but it was a fun road trip after all.

Helpful hint for moving: try to avoid +100 temps!!

edit on 31-8-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
so how do you determine the food was safe again? Cus ur not dead at the moment?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
so how do you determine the food was safe again? Cus ur not dead at the moment?

Yes, exactly.

I stuffed myself and now it's Wednesday and no ill effects!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

MMMMMMMM......

Those shrimp look good.

But the soft shell made my mouth water. I love seafood. Crab especially. I think the best thing to eat in the world is the 'tomalley' from a freshly steamed stone crab.

edit on 31-8-2011 by butcherguy because: spelling of course.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

no worries, natural selection.
Yea its safe, keep eating it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hey Signals! Let me know the next time you head down to H-town. You guys should make another trip back this way in the begining of October for the Rennisance Festival. I am part of a very large group that camps out there during opening weekend.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Sounds like fun! Should I bring my chain-mail suit, sword, and my wench?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Ditto that! I do the Renfest every year!! It's quite amazing ~ a whole other world. Been going since it first started.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
ofcourse!!!

If yall do decide to come down the first weekend. just find the I.O.K. (Intoxicated Order of the Kilt) camp site in the camp grounds area. You cant miss us. Bright neon green shirts.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
cool
Fishermans Wharf by Pier21 is really good also nothing like AJ's in Destin but if you like fishing and southern style fresh flounder it does'nt get much better than this

The last week of November to the first week of December normally signals the final surge of the annual fall flounder run. This brings the largest, the most and the hungriest flounder of the year thru Bolivar Straits by the Seawolf Park area on Pelican Island by Galveston. Water temperatures have typically fallen to 58 to 62 degrees. Bait becomes scarce in the water (as do live finger mullet at the bait stands). And it's time to wade in for a chance at that trophy! This chosen Saturday is the last Saturday of a highly desired no moon phase during the last part of the season. We won't be alone out there!

top topics

join