It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I being stalked or am I just paranoid?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Let me start by saying that I live on a pretty populated street but about a half mile up a long drive way(you can't see my house from the road at all). It's a long road, there are some house right on top of each other and then some (like mine) that have a couple of acres of woods inbetween. I am next to an older lady whom I know, but the back of my house backs up to the woods with the closest neighbors being a good distance away on the other side of a gully.

A few months back about May, I started to notice things out of place in my house. My son used to go to school in the city and I would drive him to and from school everyday. In the afternoon when I would get back from picking him up I would notice that things on my dresser had been moved around, the computer lap top would be on or open, the back door would be a jar, and once I even found a bottle of water sitting on my desk that was not the brand I would ever buy.Little things were just amiss almost everyday. Since school has been out for the summer, it stopped (I think because I don't leave much anymore). Then about two months ago on a very quiet Sunday morning my oldest two boys were at their dad's house, my current husband was sleeping in and I was up and about with the baby. Our bedroom is an add-on and it backs up to the woods. Well, on that morning I walked into the bedroom (windows open) and immediately heard in the woods a man's voice yell to someone " Red light, Red light, someone is home" pretty loudly. I ran out on to the deck as soon as I heard that and looked but it's pretty dense forest. Ever since then when I am home alone, and the dog is outside she is constantly barking and running into the woods, pacing back and forth at the door and so on. She never acted this way before.

So, what makes me ask is I saw a story about people who were being stalked but had no idea untill they found themselves face to face with the person. When do I call the police about my suspicion, or am I just being totally paranoid? I have told my husband all of this, and he just brushes it off as me being weird.

Has this every happend to anyone? Did you tell the police? Should I bother telling the police?

I also have thought that maybe my neighbor was taking advantage of some free internet, but I dout that.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

Until you have some sort of evidence, reporting might not do any good - but also can't hurt.

Document document document everything weird, start a journal, take pictures, etc. Might look into pin-hole or other hidden security cameras (not usually too expensive). Alarm system like ADT or some such might also be a very good idea.

Get what you can, definitely report as soon as you have something solid if not before, and plan to be safe one way or another. I wouldn't call it simple paranoia, intuition is there for a reason, and if you're noticing things I would *NOT* discount it altogether.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Either way.....

Not good!

Seriously, I would keep my eyes open and watch what goes on. If you are asking the question "Am I paranoid?", chances are that you are not paranoid.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Get a motion activated camera for your laptop (

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

police won´t do anything before shtf

get a weapon for self defense

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yes, I was thinking maybe it was my intuition telling me something was up, but then again your mind can play tricks on you.

I do have some protection, I am actually an ace shot and own several guns and knives....and I will have to look into an alarm system of some sort, although the dog does a good job of it. She would bite my mother if she thought she was hurting me, lol.

I forgot to add that the whole reason I wanted to post this is because last night we were woken up by the sounds of our chickens bocking loadly around 2am or so, it was then that I noticed the screen in the window across from my side of the bed was wide open. No one admitted to having opened it.
edit on 31-8-2011 by lilowl53 because: Add on

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
get some cctv installed.

You can get some small hidden SD cameras that store images onto memory cards and can be placed anywhere and are quite cheap these days. Anything that moves in front of them it captures still or moive images but make sure to get one with nightvision if you decide to.

maybe would at least make you feel better.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Go to the police...tell them what has been happening; then at least it will be on record. Why doesn't your husband believe you?

I wouldn't let another day go by without reporting these incidents to the authorities.

Also...I would talk to and alert my neighbors...find out if anything like this has been happening to them.

I want you and yours to be safe.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yea, set up some home surveillance. Set up a distraction like have your kids all take off like they're going to the mall or something. At the same time, have a sniper post setup. Let them come in, pull trigger.

What if the people stalking you are bigfoot?! chupacabras?! aliens?! Lol, I don't know, but hopefully it's your mind playing tricks.
edit on 31-8-2011 by PatriotAct because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
get some simple motion detector things like they have in shops where you open the door and it beeps and also some motion caption camera's just incase you sleep walk and then wonder why the place is a mess when you wake up, you could also use wax and string to mark doors so that you know if they've been opened while you know noone has been in the house and who else has a key to the property as you may have just found a family member topping up their coffee/sugar from your stash

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

firstly, watch your baby at all times the baby could be stolen and sold on the black market, I now someone this happen to her. Second, Wal mart you can buy hunting video cameras for under &100.00. 2 Cameras hooked up will catch something, the persons. Put it i to the woods near the area you heard voices, also have you checked every inch of your home for hidden mics or cameras. I hope you can figure this out best of luck for you.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I never had the thought that someone was out for the baby, but he is only 7 months old, so it is possible. I do have a game camera but it's pictures are usually of the back end of whatever it takes a pic of.

I talked to my neighbor, she seems to think that the lady we call granny ( the next,next, house over) is going into her house while she is at work. She didn't have any proof, just feels like she is a nosey old lady. But that doesn't explain the men's voices I heard. I thought about getting another dog, one that hangs out outside...the one we have now is an indoor out door dog.
My hubby is putting up the game camera as we speak so maybe we will get something.

I also have to give kutos to the sniper option....I have thought about it, theres just that thing about the police not liking it when you shoot people. In my state you can't even shoot an intruder unless they are in the process of killing you and even then you have to prove they intended to kill you.

If I get something tonight, I will post!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
THE James Bond / 007 (not the one from the movies but the one from the books) taught me one nice trick.

Pull out one of your hairs, and use a bit of saliva to have it cover a door/drawer, when the hair is gone you know someone has accessed it.

Old trick, still in use today by field agents.

GM

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilowl53
I never had the thought that someone was out for the baby, but he is only 7 months old, so it is possible. I do have a game camera but it's pictures are usually of the back end of whatever it takes a pic of.

I talked to my neighbor, she seems to think that the lady we call granny ( the next,next, house over) is going into her house while she is at work. She didn't have any proof, just feels like she is a nosey old lady. But that doesn't explain the men's voices I heard. I thought about getting another dog, one that hangs out outside...the one we have now is an indoor out door dog.
My hubby is putting up the game camera as we speak so maybe we will get something.

I also have to give kutos to the sniper option....I have thought about it, theres just that thing about the police not liking it when you shoot people. In my state you can't even shoot an intruder unless they are in the process of killing you and even then you have to prove they intended to kill you.

If I get something tonight, I will post!

I live in Texas, here we have the right to bear arms and the right to shoot anyone who steps so much as a toe on our property without permission. About 1 year ago in San Antonio a robber was attempting to breakinto a ldler gentlemans home, he was moving the window screen when the older gent shot him in the head, No charges ever filed. What happens when the news air these type situations, they are clearifying to the public, Texans can protect themselves. If I am traveling inbetween cities or towns, and there are some distances that can range up to 200 miles to the next bathroom, and a pull over can relieve the bladder we have to be careful where we pull over because if it is private property we can be shot without question, even if you get a flat and are just changing a tire, dont pull onto private property even if it is a million acre ranch.
edit on 31-8-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Ideas off the top of my head...

* Tape a piece of fishing line on each exterior door, with clear tape, so that if the door is opened, the fishing line will be hanging free on one side when you return.

* Hide a sound-activated tape recorder in your room. Like, tape it underneath your dresser or something. (Advance the tape so that if they find it and rewind it to hide their presence, they'll never guess the exact number to put it back to. Of course, if they abscond with it or destroy it, well... there's your sign.)

Good Luck!!!

Edit to add: Bucket of paint over the door...? LoL

edit on 8/31/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Set up the game camera last night..didn't catch anything, not even a cute little bunny. Going to keep it up for about a week and see what happens. Still eyeballing granny a few houses over. LOL I am hoping at this point I am paranoid, and no one is really stalking me or trying to take my child. LOL about the paint over the door, would be funny...but messy

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Stalkers don't misplace things in your house, I should know that... they send bugs and eaten plants and loads of other creepy stuff
My mum got stalked and we found out it was the neighbour... I suggest you lock the doors or something.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Maybe its someone local, it always is.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
My thoughts have always been that it is a neighbor, someone down the road or on the other side of the woods. My husband and I are well know in our little community for various reasons and I have always thought that would make us a target for funny business.
I also have a teenage babysitter, and after talking to her mom about this problem I have noticed, she informed me that the person coming in the house while I was away might have been her daughter. During the summer she would come hang out with me basically out of boredom, more likely because I have a pool. So it is possible she was walking to my house, seeing I wasn't there and just coming on in, thinking I would be OK with that or possibly not notice. I haven't asked her about it, and I dout she would admit to it if I did.
I am starting to think I am putting together things that are actually unrelated events.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
That is scary! I say report your suspicions. at the very worst they will come out and look and find nothing, which would be good.

Maybe look into getting security cameras. it might deter any stalkers and also, if they do come around, you will have something to show the cops.

EDIT: Ah didn't see where you said the game camera was being put up. Let us know if you catch anything... Hope you dont though
edit on 7-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join