It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Pastor: Put All Atheists on a List So We Can Avoid 'Feeding Satan'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Title basically says it all. There really are some nutcases out there that do nothing but alienate religion more and more.

crooksandliars.com...

here is the main jist of the link

Brothers and Sisters , I have been seriously considering forming a ( Christian ) grassroots type of organization to be named “The Christian National Registry of Atheists” or something similar . I mean , think about it . There are already National Registry’s (sic) for convicted sex offenders , ex-convicts , terrorist cells , hate groups like the KKK , skinheads , radical Islamists , etc.. This type of “National Registry” would merely be for information purposes . To inform the public of KNOWN ( i.e., self-admitted) atheists. For example , let’s say you live in Colorado Springs , Colorado , you could simply scroll down ( from the I-Net site /Blog ) I would have , to the State of Colorado , and then when you see “Colorado Springs” , you will see the names of all the self-admitted atheist(s) who live there ( e.g., if an atheist’s name happened to be “Phil Small” ) . The individual’s physical address , and other known personal information would NOT be disclosed ( though , perhaps a photo could be ) . Now , many (especially the atheists ) , may ask “Why do this , what’s the purpose ?” Duhhh , Mr. Atheist , for the same purpose many States put the names and photos of convicted sex offenders and other ex-felons on the I-Net – to INFORM the public ! I mean , in the City of Miramar , Florida , where I live , the population is approx. 109,000 . My family and I would sure like to know how many of those 109,000 are ADMITTED atheists ! Perhaps we may actually know some . In which case we could begin to witness to them and warn them of the dangers of atheism . Or perhaps they are radical atheists , whose hearts are as hard as Pharaoh’s , in that case , if they are business owners , we would encourage all our Christian friends , as well as the various churches and their congregations NOT to patronize them as we would only be “feeding” Satan . Frankly , I don’t see why anyone would oppose this idea – including the atheists themselves ( unless of course , they’re actually ashamed of their atheist religion , and would prefer to stay in the ‘closet.’ ) .

Can you honestly believe what it would be like if this actually happened? and to suggest anyone who opposed this would only be doing so because they are ashamed? lol

I’m not religious and I don’t hate those who are but what I do hate is people from either side declaring some kind of proposal that makes it difficult for us all to get along. I mean really to put atheists on lists like crooks and sex offenders is offensive. People from your own faiths should stand up to these idiots to minimise the damage they do to your religion.

I mean who the hell does he think he is declaring that people who do not believe what he does has something wrong with them and need to be put on a registry?...for having a different beleif? or just no beleif?

Btw as I said I don’t hate religion or religious people....that’s not what this thread is about! Im sure there are plenty of equally nuts atheist people out there! but when I see things like this it just makes me angry that there are still so many stupid people in this world in this day and age.

btw I was puzzled by the title of this thread because surely it is evil that feeds satan? simply not beleiving would be neutral would it not? it is the evil that man does (Christian or non Christian doesnt make a difference) that feeds satan

If any religious people are offended by this post then surely you must be offended at this man and what he suggests in the name of your God!
edit on 31-8-2011 by Scott495 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2011 by Scott495 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
jesus will feel proud of him

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott495

Jesus sat down with harlots, tax collectors, and horrible sinners, and this dude wants to do this? It is amazingly a slap in the face to the hippie that founded his religion.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
# 1 ) Making a list of your enemies is a sign of psychopathic tendencies, hello!

# 2 ) Doesn't the Bible predict that the Anti-Christ will make lists of people?

# 3 ) What does he want next, to put RFID chips on all of the atheists so he can track them?

It's safe to say, if you are Christian or any other religion, or atheist or whatever : This guy is making a critical mistake about the difference between right and wrong. And he is simply wrong. Innocent people could get on that list, Christians even.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I've been saying it since the moment I joined this site...
The number of people who call themselves Christians far exceeds the number of true christians who follow the actual teachings of Christ.
I'm pretty sure that a good Atheist has a better chance of going to heaven than that pastor, if a heaven even exists.

But what's wrong with people? Comparing atheists to sex offenders?

That's just as bad as when I heard someone irl say that tax evasion is just as bad as murder since they are both felonies. I wanted to smack that person hard.
People need to get their priorities straight.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This control freak should put himself and his family at the head of the hate groups list. People have the right whether to Believe or not, and this detestable victimisation will not produce any 'converts'. In Christianity the only person victimised is Jesus.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyinghaggis

Exactly, isnt that why God is supposed to have given us free will after all?

...to choose for ourselves.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Obviously he does not know Christ. Did Christ ask those 5,000 he fed whether or not they believed in him? Epic fail.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Seriously? How can this bloke actually believe what he's saying? What if someone suggested making a list of Christians so they could avoid them or try to talk them out of their beliefs? There would be complete uproar!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Gee I think it's a great idea!
Next we can make them wear yellow stars on their sleeves and get identifying tattoos. What an a-hole! And the church wonders why so many people are straying away from them.
FAIL

edit on 31-8-2011 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Where is the list?

I will put my name on it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

You are right about that. I've personally only met one or two in my 52 years that actually followed the teachings of Christ. And even then, people have their moments, nobody's perfect. But by far, the majority of 'Christians' are hypocrites that profess their faith on Sunday and go about business the rest of the week like anybody else. That's why the Bible says the way is narrow and few find it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
But by far, the majority of 'Christians' are hypocrites that profess their faith on Sunday and go about business the rest of the week like anybody else.
If they are only doing it on Sunday(the first day of the week), then they missed a few very important points, like when the sabbath day actually is.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

How is it the fault of the entirety of congregations because a dozen or more are bat# insane? The media take the story, run with it, and do those often as possible then you start thinking, “hmm they must all be like this or at least the great deal of them”. Same is done with the crazies in every religion, you have a few people saying completely crazy and irrational stuff, the media run with it, then after years of hearing about crimes committed, bigotry espoused, etc… the attitude towards the religion, or religion in general, sours.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scott495
reply to post by Flyinghaggis

Exactly, isnt that why God is supposed to have given us free will after all?

...to choose for ourselves.

Right on. We're singing from the same Hymsheet, bro.

edit on 31/8/2011 by Flyinghaggis because: Spellin

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well, I think there should be MORE profiled and accentuated fundamentalist like this guy. It would bring self-sanitation of christianity around in no time.

top topics

join