It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Personal Haunting.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ok, more than an explanation you need to know what to do about it. Whoever was the entity who makes its presence evident to you, seems to be decided to call your attention and you should find out the reason.

If you have enough selfcontrol and can restrain your emotions, try to re-create the conditions and the time you had this experience, in the same exact location. Once you are ready, you will have to use a little tactic.

Most of the time, these beings or entities start making a noise or something else by your side or behind you, in that moment, AVOID the first reaction to turn your face or make any sudden movement, pretend to ignore it. The paranormal activity should repeat in order to force you to react, don't fall in that and do not look straight to the source.

You have to decide the moment when you turn to look, not the entity. This will show it that you have the control of the moment. From there, you will decide if you want to have a closer contact or not. The best first question to do is "In the name of who you came?"

Good luck

edit on 1-9-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I have had "visits" like this at times over the years, and especially since the deaths of a couple loved ones in recent years. Mine involved moved objects, footsteps, powerful smells that come and go (ammonia was one that stands out as specifically impossible considering the circumstances at that moment) and the now-familiar cobweb touches that move about my arms, hands, and forehead. Also auditory phenomenon - including "pops" on the surface of walls that are nearby (also heard by my wife, and often pretty loud) that are "firewalls" - meaning that they have no wires or ducts behind them, just a fireproof barrier between our condo unit and the one next door.

"Spirits" are people, and while they aren't material, as dynamic information, they can manipulate the progressive change trajectory of material things, and make themselves noticed. One common "trick" is to redirect a mass of photons to create a "black mass" that moves across the room. Simple redirection of the linear trajectory of photons, with the absence of light taking on a definite shape so as to be seen by a person that's being targeted with that indication. Another common trick is redirecting air molecules - launching a flow where no air current should be, and even changing the nature of the gases (adjusting their relative temperature, perhaps) by affecting the balance of this gas versus another gas (relative to a very specific location) to throw the balances off enough to raise or lower the temperature one experiences for that short moment.

Some get good enough to manipulate dust, vapor, and even lingering cigarette smoke particles to form brief apparitions, but that kind of expertise is pretty rare. More often, they'll manipulate your own brain's data configuration processes, and "plant" a vision within the data stream that feeds your short term memory (allowing your own mind to blend it in with the rest of what your external data receptors are filing) that causes you to "see a ghost" appear before you. This is also how they (most often) make you hear things and feel things. Simple introduction of stimuli into the ongoing data stream. It's the easiest way to do it.
edit on 9/2/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Sorry folks, been busy the past few days.. some answers.

reply to post by davidgrouchy

No one I know of close to me or in the family has passed away recently that could have caused a "transient" visit

reply to post by ThinkingCap

Generally I don't dream - or at least if I do I don't remember the dreams - and that has not changed.

reply to post by nusnus

The phone does not have a built in wallpaper changer. I've had it since January this year and the wallpaper has not changed except for when I've altered it.

The picture it changed to was a red and black background - no specific patterns in it or shapes.

reply to post by mnmcandiez

It didn't
Theres nothing on it to act as a gateway to hack it. I don't do applications other than what came with the phone.

reply to post by whenjasonattacks

I'd really love to read that. I have a long time interest in the paranormal and hauntings.

reply to post by Night Star

I've not visited anywhere recently where I could have "picked up" a spirit and had it come back with me. My understanding is that such things usually happen by invitation though, and are unlikely to occur randomly.

reply to post by kn0wh0w

The phone is "Vanilla" - using out of the box stuff only. As I mentioned above, the wallpaper has not changed since it was bought.

reply to post by zazzafrazz

The previous case where I experienced something in the flat has been occuring to me everywhere I have lived since my Gran passed away many years ago. That is always a happy presence, and is accompanied by a lavender smell usually (she always wore lavender) - this one was entirely different.

The wallpaper changed first. That was the real attention getter. The lights and camera stuff came after, and were "flickers" rather than draining. There was no other physical effect except the cold and the hairs on my arm standing on end (which, to me indicates a huge amount of static energy in the "presence".

The presence was, I think, female - and that is backed up by the noises that Ayana heard. It is possible that this may have been a visit from a girlfriend of mine who died from cystic fibrosis in 1989, but I cannot (to my shame) remember the date she passed away.

I am still researching this. I need to find the relevant dates but virtually all of the people I was in touch with 22 years ago - except my closest friends - have moved on and unfortunately the relevant registry office information is not yet available online which means I would have to visit my home town and look it up.

In the meantime, nothing else has happened at all. If it does, I'll update as appropriate.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the response neformore!

The only time I experienced 'something' being 'invited' was when we played around with the ouija board in my old house when I was a teenager. Lots of things happened afterwards, including and not limited to sounds at night, shifting objects, black shadowy person moving around, nightmares etc.

Then we moved
and everything went back to normal.

So yea, maybe someone did something stupid there like play the ouija board there?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Interesting story nef and with it coming from yourself I have to say I believe what you experienced seemed real to you, like someone else has mentioned; without being there myself then I can say for certain what exactly went on but like I said, I believe you.

My own little addition to this thread: Basically it's been rough for me personally the last week for numerous reasons, normally I open tabs in my explorer (Google Chrome) on you tube music videos and pause them so I can listen at my leisure.

Woke up at 6AM this morning listening to the sound of Glen Campbell blaring out of my computer, no one else in the flat apart from me and it's never happened before, all other tabs hadn't been refreshed - just the YT music vid.

Probably nothing, but it seemed a little eerie.

On a side note, could you post a picture of the background image that changed on your phone?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join