It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Personal Haunting.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Last night I experienced a "presence" in my flat. Literally tangible. Cold and warm spots moving through the place. Peripheral vision light flashes. Taps, creaks and almost but not quite fully audible sound.

Not only that but I have a witness to it as well, who also happens to be on staff - because when it started I was on Facebook and Ayana was on at the same time, so I hooked up a Facebook video call to her to describe what was going on.

Literally, I was cold from head to toe, and felt a breeze blowing across my face even though no windows were open. I have been covered in goosebumps and the hairs on my arm were standing on end.

Whats more, and this is the real kicker - the wallpaper on my HTC phone changed by itself - it lit up which drew my attention, and then I watched it change.

I have been in the flat for 8 years. I experienced something last year as well, but not on this scale.

I've not bought anything new into the flat at all.

I didn't get chance to set up any recording equipment but Ayana has confirmed that she heard something over the video, and saw something too akin to a black blur passing the camera lense

The wallpaper on the HTC changed from a blue swirl background to a red and black spikey one - neither have any massive significance. In order to change the wallpaper manually it takes 7 distinct "key" actions.

I Wasn't scared so much as "spooked" - the cold was very cold indeed, and the breeze effect continued long after every window was shut.

The noises were taps and creaks not normally associated with the flat. The wind conditions outside were calm and it was not raining. I did a thorough exam of all the taps etc to make sure nothing was dripping.

Whoever it was had no malice to it that I could sense - it was almost like it had come in to have a look round and make its presence felt but wasn't planning to stay.

edit on 31/8/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
talk about spooky.

i´ve never experienced something like this and i hope i never will

thanks for sharing your experience..

SnF

the new background on your phone, the red and black one, was that an original background, already on the phone?

care to eloborate on your first experience?

i can't really help you though, not a lot of knowledgde nor experience in this field.

hope someone else can

take care
edit on 31-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yes - the background was stored on the phone.

Its a HTC desire - Ayana googled it to see if there were any instances of the wallpaper changing by itself and she couldn't find any

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Yeah, I googled it and none of the forums or anything mentioned it so I guess it doesn't happen too often.

It was kinda weird, yeah.

Like being in Scooby Doo. But with Nef doing all the spooky stuff and me laughing at him talking to thin air...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Whoever it was had no malice to it that I could sense - it was almost like it had come in to have a look round and make its presence felt but wasn't planning to stay.

This is the part that is of particular interest to me.
From what I have gathered listening to ATS live,
Nef is a professional civil engineer, a background that doesn't make one inclined to superstition.
Also from what little I know of his posting record, he has a very well trained skeptical mind.
For those reasons I take your statement at face value.

The obvious next question is has there been a death of someone who may have stopped by to say a last goodbye?

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

I shall play devil's advocate...

I think it is a combination of, what would be on their own an insignificant and easily overlooked, set of natural events.

Its could be combo of old infrastructure [ie the flat ...years old apparently.. foundations settling ... wood warping?]

&

a change in the weather seasons right now and you may have experienced a sudden cold spell [ie did hurricane Irene in the USA affect the weather a couple of days later in the UK?]

plus

maybe a slight onset of seasonaly affected disorder [aka SAD] if one is naturally susceptable to the current change in seasons...

with

a moth or other insect buzzing around any light source, that may have cast a random set of shadows around the room and possibly also onto the camera creating the mysterious spooky shadows!

Personal Disclosure: As for the mobile fone .. it and or your service provider may have been hacked and i think you better get that checked out ASAP considering all the BS that happened in the UK recently over HACKED mobile fones etc!

P.S.
Please note that I am only playing devils advocate and slashing away madly with Occams razor! Really I thinked your totally doomed! Good Lucking sleeping!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Very interesting - based on my own experiences this sounds like a genuine haunting. My reasons why:

Peripheral lights --- Were they (in a way) similar to dehydration? Not suggesting you were of course - but you know when you stand up too quickly, and you see "stars"?

In my apartment, I will be on my laptop for example, and I will begin to see a small blue light in the corner of my eye. My instinct is always to direct my eyes to it - but as I do it completely vanishes. There has been instances where I was slow on the uptake (in the middle of typing) and this little "light" has gotten much larger. It is almost always a white bluish color. This never happens to me in other houses, or outside - which gives me solid reasoning that it isn't a problem with my eye.

Cold shivers -- I have gotten this about three times in my apartment. One on the fold out couch in the living room, once in bed, and once in the bathroom with the wall heater on.

The only way I can describe the cold shivers is like, my body forgot to maintain it's "internal heater" and coldness just completely takes over. The most previous time this happened, I called out to my girl and she ran and jumped on top of me - instantly the cold went away.

Her experiences are really the icing on the cake however. She has seen shadow animals. Painting in the living room, she watched a thick dark shadow in the shape of a cat strut across the room and then jump upon our couch. This means to me - that it was not "energy reliving a moment", like someone's cat that had lived in the apartment previously - because we brought the couch with us when we moved in.

---- But Nef, what I really want to know from you is: What about dreams? Have you had any specifically "haunting" dreams?

That is what has really caused me to draw the line as to whether or not we are just breathing in mold or eating ergot on accident.

We planned to move out of the apartment four months ago - and to say the least, the entity went from generally peaceful, to very, very upset.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'd like to see that red & black background if possible.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Does your phone have a built in wallpaper changer? You know, the kind just changes it every few months or so?

Also, I know everyone associates cold chills with ghosts but I've had an experience with a cold chill that didn't involve a ghost, but an alien presence. I think its safe to say cold chills are a sign of malicious intent overall.
edit on 31-8-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
check the history of the house

secondly, get an astrological chart of yours be made, it could forewarn you of troubles and dangers.

thirdly ,contact people with advanced aetheric /spiritual abilities like Farsight institute or spiritual research foundation(SSRF) ... remote viewers like Ed James and Ingo Swann could be of help , they have worked for the CIA or contact Nikolai Levashov , hes one of the best remote viewers and remote influencers in the world

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If you believe in spirit guides, i would hazzard a guess to say one of them popped in to see how things were going with you, sounds a little bit cranky i know, but you could sense there was no malice to it, thats point one,and two it happens, from time to time, your symptons deem perfect to fit that type of entity, plus it grabbed your attention, via your wall paper.. an energy kinda of thing, so dont worry it came in for a reason, either that or it was just being nosey and was a wandering soul passing through, either way be happy that you expereinced such a thing, and maybe your opening up to a new way of receiving information.. nice one.. still remember my first,, but then with everything you always remember your first..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This seems pretty amazing to have happen in a home that hasn't had any noted previous paranormal occurances..

A transient random haunting or something else paying a visit? I have never really considered this type of thing before, because it isn't very common, but this is definitely worth researching more..

Something like this would bother me quite a bit...

Hope to hear more about this situation soon!

sf

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

People reckon the cold chill is to do with the 'ghost' using heat from the surroundings as it's energy source to do stuff. So it sucks the heat out, leaving a cold spot.

Nef didn't feel any malice, and said so to me while I was watching, so maybe it's to do with it trying to build energy to 'contact' him more than it being malicious. It could have taken the energy to do the wallpaper change, or used the phone as energy and ended up changing the wallpaper in the process... Or just known it'd get his attention.That did interest me though. He popped up on FB and said he was freaked coz the wallpaper changed before he FB called me and said he felt something there.

I'm interested in your alien cold chill though. Have you written a thread?

edit on 31/8/2011 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I am under the impression that the cold chills are most likely side-effects of it's presence. I think that they perhaps inadvertently need life energy in order to exist, maybe not very much (depending on the entity, perhaps?) - but starved for it nevertheless.

And about the cellphone - this could be it's presence disrupting an electrical device. Such as lights flickering on and off, heaters turning on and off, televisions changing channels with no remote under the butt's of witnesses.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

The lights did go off as well, yes.

I missed it the first time, saw it the second.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Someone seems want your attentions and know you more. But dont be afraid it wasnt dangerous, looks a bit naughty thou.
Basically it want you to know that he is there and like you too. Mean no harm, You can told it off or say something to it later if you think it is too much or disturbing you.
Dont be scared and just say things calmly if it start annoying, or be friend if you want to.
Believe it or not it is up to you, but i hope it help a bit to understand.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

That is spooky and weird Neff, but not so weird that it hasn’t happened to me too.

So many times in my life I will be sitting down at my computer, most times late at night when I start to get cold from head to toe and see dark shapes pass in my peripheral vision.

I’ve always attributed this to lack of sleep or a slight pass of paranoia, though I do think it could be something else altogether.

Who knows?

I don’t, at least I’m not sure enough to say yes, or no.

Neat story, thanks for sharing.

SS

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I've had a lot of "strange" things happen to me ever since I was a little kid, and usually when I talk about them to other people they just think I'm making things up - that's why I was asking if it really DID happen to you or not.

I've never had anything actually change something else around me (like the background of your phone), not that I can remember anyway.

I have made a few posts on here about some of my experiences, one of them which happened recently with me seeing strange things.

I think you should check out the history of the building and area you live in, as well as the date it happened, you might discover some interesting connections.. for example, an event occurring where you live on that date...

One of my stranger experiences led me to find out about some relatives of mine who died in a house fire up in New York many years ago.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Sounds like your cellphone got hacked.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Sounds like your cellphone got hacked.

Yeah I am sure that explains his house as well, must have been good hackers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join