It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Cow Gives Birth to Two-Headed Calf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56a19a349ee0.jpg[/atsimg]

When Jimmy Robinson of Porum walked into his herd of cattle to count heads he was in for a shock. ‘Surprise, surprise, surprise,' said Robinson, ‘it's just hard to believe that it's here.' He found a live two-headed calf laying in his field. Robinson said the poly-cephalic bull calf was born to one of his older cows and has taken food when hand fed. Caden Robinson, Jimmy's grandson, likes playing with the four-eyed calf. ‘It's cool and I've never seen one in my life,' said Caden.

Video at Source

Having raised cattle all my life these sort of things interest me. Never seen anything like it myself, thankfully. As far as I know they don't normally survive long if at all.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

It's definitely blind, no doubt about that.

Which would explain why he doesn't eat unless hand-fed.
edit on 31/8/2011 by andriod because: edit to add

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

You're correct they usually don't live long...but really, it's more like a one-and-a-half headed calf...

We have one of these stuffed and on display in the NWOSU museum in Alva, Oklahoma. Kind of sad.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
eh. blasted double tap
edit on 8/31/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

well geez 1 1/2 is more than enough when it comes to heads I'd say
I read that the odds for a two headed calf are 1 : 400 million

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Could this have anything to do with the fallout from Fukushima?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Somebody needs to put the poor animal mutation to rest, I can not believe that the owner will keep it as a pet when obviously the animal can not even raise his head without help and even walk.

It will die eventually on his own.

Sad what people do to attract attention.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

well geez 1 1/2 is more than enough when it comes to heads I'd say

I can definitely agree with that...

Sometime when you get bored (and slightly humorous on the morbid end), you should check into the odd cases where two-headed animals of the full-on sort survive later into life with the heads having learned to get along together and not conflict themselves right into indecisiveness and death...

Anyhow, here's a little video to enjoy:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

reminds me of the human version

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

I was about to post on them as well...these girls confuse me. How do they type at a normal speed when each of them controls one side of the body - think about trying to type something with one hand while your friend used their other hand, it would be a mess.

And how's the dating going to work out? They only have separate upper quarters, not...you know.

Oh well, they seem to get along well enough. Thanks for getting them in here.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
We will all be eating brahmin steaks in rivet city soon enough. But not after a good firefight with some super mutants and of course the enclave.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I watched a documentary on those two young ladies last winter. Very fascinating
It seemed they were doing remarkably well and I felt admiration at their success in life. It was especially nice to see what a fine job their parents were doing at avoiding exploitation and providing normalcy.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I don't think I've seen that video, coolest thing ever! They control their own upper halves, but share the same bottom half. Brings up a valid point when their teacher speaks about job applications and wages. I do think they should be treated as equals right through til the end.

The dating aspect is something they (and their partner) will have to agree on when time comes. But they're right, it truly is none of our business what they choose to do with their personal love life.

Pretty impressive stuff.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
One word comes to mind: Fukushima

The cattle get the first taste of the radiation as they graze the land.

Make sure you wash your vegetables carefully.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

www.abovetopsecret.com...
maybe it had to do with all of the radiation found on this thread or would it take up that far in the food chain since march?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I only post a reply because I've seen a stuffed two-headed calf on my way up north in MN on Highway 65 N. There is a bar (a little bitty one at that) that has a sign on their building that states, "Home of the Two-Headed Calf." My eleven year old asked and asked until I was tired of hearing it I finally stopped, walked in, said, "There it is" and she was like "Oh....okay." I said, "Can we go now?" Can't remember the name of the bar but just recall seeing their sign on the front door stating, "Only ****Customers Can Use the Restroom." I thought that was slightly rude but hey, they probably get a lot of traffic coming through in the middle of nowhere on their way to get to somewhere....see if I ever stop and have a beer at that bar....geesh...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Wasn't Oklahoma the state that measured really high radiation?
Anyways most likely it has nothing to do with radiation, just a random thought.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing to do with radiation. Creatures as these have been in circus sideshows for a few hundred years now, and farmers see these malformations all the time.

It can be though, chemical related to chemicals and fertilizers around the farm the mothers have contact with.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
... Or it's a severe case of inbreeding.

top topics

join