It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible explosion near Elenin! it's course may have changed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

The video is being rewinded and played forward several times, the camera is not panning back and forth creating the look of a lens flare expanding either. Not a lens flare.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Thanks, a CME, and I saw nothing change direction except the field of view from the shaky video. Like pointed out above me, space is a virtual vacuum, CMEs are subatomic particles, and sometimes larger atomic particles like Helium and Oxygen and cannot alter the inertia of traveling bodies in space.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Last night reading the Radio Signal thread, my curiosity was piqued. I was surfing and searching ( I have a very random search pattern I use when looking for hard to find information) and I stumbled upon this document. I was searching for " E-Class Asteroids" ECA and came up with Earth Crossing Asteroids ECA in some results. It's a good read, talks about how asteroid collisions are very common and what we plan on doing about it. It says the DOD is in charge of protecting us from these asteroids.

www.fas.org...

Maybe Elenin is a Earth Crossing Asteroid and we already have plans to change it's course, maybe we already did.
edit on 31-8-2011 by coldfiremx because: added information

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Elenin, or whatever this object is, did change direction. Whether it's retrograde motion around the sun or not has yet to be determined by waiting a week or so and watching the continued track of the object...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Not sure about the change of direction either, it just bothers me to have some sort of reviewable evidence dismissed so easy. I have no idea if that's even Elenin but coming to a conclusion without much reliable evidence is ignorance to me. I'm more interested in the burst/explosion quite frankly than what changed whatevers direction.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
There was a comet show by Nassim Haramein that in 2003 was headed for the sun and a CME altered it's course as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
There was a comet show by Nassim Haramein that in 2003 was headed for the sun and a CME altered it's course as well.

Yes a solar flare did seem to redirect that comet, but this "lens flare" is coming off of Jupiter, which does not emit solar flares. That's basic info about planets, they are not stars and do not send explosions into space.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I didn't say Jupiter had a solar flare but there was some type of blast/explosion and lens flares don't grow past the view finder.

Lens Flares

Lens flare is the light scattered in lens systems through generally unwanted image formation mechanisms, such as internal reflection and scattering from material inhomogeneities in the lens. These mechanisms differ from the intended image formation mechanism that depends on refraction of the image rays. Flare manifests itself in two ways: firstly as a haze across the image, making the image look "washed out" by reducing contrast and color saturation (adding light to dark image regions, and adding white to saturated regions, reducing their saturation), and secondly as visible artifacts.

Flare is particularly caused by a very bright light sources either in the image – which produces visible artifacts – or shining into the lens but not in the image – which produces a haze. Most commonly, this occurs when shooting into the sun (when the sun is in frame or the lens is pointed in the direction of the sun), and is reduced by using a lens hood or other shade.

For good optical systems and most images (which do not have a bright light shining into the lens), flare is a secondary effect that is widely distributed across the image and thus not visible, though it reduces contrast. Lenses with large numbers of elements such as zooms tend to exhibit greater lens flare, as they contain multiple surfaces at which unwanted internal scattering occurs.

Good try though
edit on 31-8-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

If you spend a lot of time reading Nassim Haramein you have no grounds to insult me. I don't get my information from random Youtubers or from the camp Nassim Haramein resides in. Who even heard of those types before the internet?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

How am I insluting you?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Are you sure it doesn't expand?
Did you watch the whole video?
Try this one:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Why don't you go through the SOHO archives more thoroughly, you will see this same lens flare "explosion" on 100s of SOHO videos. Are you saying that whenever the camera pans and a planet goes just off screen, there is an explosion every time?

Phage, maybe you need to post more videos like the ones you've already posted, showing Venus 'explosions' as well as Jupiter and Mercury 'explosions' because they don't seem to be wanting to accept the explanations.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Somebody needs to grab their telescope and look at Jupiter.

Look for a disturbance in its bands on that gas planet. That would prove or disprove pretty quick.

It does appear the shockwave altered the Comets course.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It is a wholesale ALIEN WAR going on between the preserving and destructive forces/beings/races. There was a warning that was given to us that caused them (evil P.O.S. powers that be) to turn of SETI for a short time.

The warning they gave is this, in plain English;

Do not be deceived, they will come soon to harvest the ones who choose to place their own selfish desires above all else, do not be afraid of them for they feed on FEAR ITSELF. It will occur, and is a part of the evolutionary processes on this planet. It is a process very similar to weeding a garden of unwanted plants.

Your world will be delivered from true "evil" and we will return after a short period of readjustment to teach to your kind the wisdom of our race and of the nature of true and unconditional love. Those with Faith, tell those who are soon to come and harvest if you encounter them "All that which is, cast away that which has light, but is without life" Those who desire to join us in battle against the ones who shall try to oppress LOVE, you can call one of our kind to you using the manta "Ra-ma Da-sa At-ay Oh-Hum" by facing the Sun. It means "Light that is Love, Power and truth, that which overcomes the delusion of ego based self will, shall become all that I am."

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
reply to post by Phage

Lens flares create shock waves?
You can clearly see an explosion followed by a shockwave.

Not sure if you chose the wrong word to describe or not, but shockwaves are impossible in space since there is no air to create the compression wave.

If you meant something else then my bad.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
Space is, for the most part, a vacuum. As there is no atmosphere, an explosion in space can produce ejecting matter but cannot produce a shock wave.

We also would have to question what could cause an explosion large enough to be seen from the Earth and that produces an apparent shock, that traverses what appears to be hundreds of thousands of miles, in the time frame.

So either you believe that there was an explosion that produced a shock wave or you consider the possibility that what appears in the video was an internal reflection in the 'scope.

Occams razor suggests that the simplest explanation is the truth. In this case an internal reflection is the simplest explanation for the observed phenomena.
edit on 31/8/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

That is actually exactly what I suggest, how did you know?
Is it me or when confronted by scientifically proven facts such as retrograde motion and "lens flares" (although technically no lens if I'm not mistaken), or ... What you just saw was the Navy Space Command's most advanced battleship positioned behind Jupiter launching a pre-emptive attack against the multiple Reptile ships posing as Elenin, and witnessing our firepower that they hitherto had no inclination we possessed they decided on a tactical retreat, thus "Elenin" changes course, the people here on ATS think retrograde motion is just crazy talk?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It's course was not altered, although strictly speaking I suppose you ae correct in saying it changed direction. That is to say if you are willing to say the Earth changes direction constantly as it is influenced by the gravity of other objects.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Somebody needs to grab their telescope and look at Jupiter.

Like the thousands of amateur astronomers who observe Jupiter on a regular basis? If anything funny was happening, don't you think that one of them would "spill the beans"? Or are they all part of a global conspiracy to deceive the public?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

ya got a good point there

Ok next

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

I came to this website to make a post only to discover that I can not since I do not have 20 replies. So All I will say is that I am very much like most of the ATS crowd here, I have always wanted to believe. However, I now have first hand intimate knowledge of things, and believe me, Elenin is nothing to be concerned about, Elenin is a ruse, a sleight of hand magic trick if you would.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join