It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible explosion near Elenin! it's course may have changed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

This was brought to my attention in another thread, posted by Anotherson. The video is by utube user TheMaverickSparton.
Any astronomers on here? What do you make of this? Could an explosion of that size change Elenins obrit?
Apperently this happened around August 25th, 2011.
What do you all think?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Why not add your opinions to the existing thread about this? We have more than enough Elenin threads to add to.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It was posted in this thread as a reply , it wasn't the subject of the thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-8-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

Oooops, sorry, did a search before posting, didn't search for lens flare though.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
An explosion from jupiter? Strange. That looked like some kind of spatial shockwave emanating from jupiter or near it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

It's lens flare. More accurately, internal reflections. It happens whenever a bright object enters or leaves the field of view of the Heliospheric Imager.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Lens flares create shock waves?
You can clearly see an explosion followed by a shockwave.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yeah strange....it's funny but it reminds me of the post i read yesterday on ATS about the Navy "Space Soldier" who lost two friends on Jupiter the other day

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
All I am going to say, is unless you have spent tons of nights fiddling with a camera and a telescope trying to get that perfect shot of a planet, cluster, nebula or whatever, you really dont understand the aspects of how space is photographed. Its not like just putting a camera to the view finder and clicking it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

No.
You can see lens flare. The same lens flare you see every time a bright object enters or leaves the field of view.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I guess Jupiter wasn't having any of that Elenin nonsense.

ACCESS DENIED!

Wonder what that is in reality. I need to hear from a person with ATS astronomy tenure,........Calling Dr. Phage, Dr. phage you have a request in another Elenin thread.

ETA:
JESUS CHRIST YOUR FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 31-8-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So has elenin's path altered or not?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
In the video above you can also see Mercury "change direction". Actually, it's an illusion called retrograde movement.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok, I see now. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm a noobie lol.

MODS: FEEL FREE TO DELETE THIS THREAD. Thanks

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh that's all we need to know then.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Why do these Youtubers make such long videos for something that occurs in seconds? Thanks for the synopsis Phage, I didn't have to waste my time.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Mr. Expert your video is not even close to the op's video, your video of a lens flare shows a lens flare that does not change in size. The op's video shows an expanding shock wave followed by some sort of burst or explosion, a lens flare does not expand like the one in the ops video. Very poor debunking.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Indicate the time in the OP video that shows that so I don't have to waste 10 more minutes of my life, please.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
what the &*&*# is going on man?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by mileslong54

Indicate the time in the OP video that shows that so I don't have to waste 10 more minutes of my life, please.
Thanks.

2:23 is about the time when you first see the red arch and it eventually expands to past the spectrum of view.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Space is, for the most part, a vacuum. As there is no atmosphere, an explosion in space can produce ejecting matter but cannot produce a shock wave.

We also would have to question what could cause an explosion large enough to be seen from the Earth and that produces an apparent shock, that traverses what appears to be hundreds of thousands of miles, in the time frame.

So either you believe that there was an explosion that produced a shock wave or you consider the possibility that what appears in the video was an internal reflection in the 'scope.

Occams razor suggests that the simplest explanation is the truth. In this case an internal reflection is the simplest explanation for the observed phenomena.
edit on 31/8/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join