It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Survey: The 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyop911
reply to post by Varemia

you implied you take bush's word on that whole 9/11 thing. didn't you?

No, I didn't. In fact, I said specifically that I think Bush probably knew about the attacks and allowed them to happen. You are assuming again, and it's beginning to annoy.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

ok.. you stated you didn't care enough to research. you say you aren't individually picking people out, just disagreeing, yet you respond directly to their posts, so yes you are. but back to you not caring enough... then move on and stop ruing this thread. You stated you said your piece.. so Peace.

I still think the survey could have used a; "Should there be a new investigation into 9/11, or more information available to the public about informationg before 9/11, and information after?"
edit on 31-8-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
Is having a different opinion offensive to the conspiracy believers, or is it assumed that I'm stupid and/or in-on-it?

Hate to break it you, but when facts trump your opinion then yes it's offensive to peoples intelligence, and yes it would be assumed you are stupid.

Only the stupid stubbornly stick to their beliefs when faced with facts that contradict those beliefs. Smart people learn and move on.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Is having a different opinion offensive to the conspiracy believers, or is it assumed that I'm stupid and/or in-on-it?

Hate to break it you, but when facts trump your opinion then yes it's offensive to peoples intelligence, and yes it would be assumed you are stupid.

Only the stupid stubbornly stick to their beliefs when faced with facts that contradict those beliefs. Smart people learn and move on.

That's what they said about pretty much every idea everyone ever had ever. Then, it was pointed out that they were wrong (or right) and science moves on. There will always be two sides to debate on, and you know which side I'm on, so we're done here. I'm closing this tab now and stopping this discussion from getting any longer.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

That's what they said about pretty much every idea everyone ever had ever. Then, it was pointed out that they were wrong (or right) and science moves on. There will always be two sides to debate on, and you know which side I'm on, so we're done here. I'm closing this tab now and stopping this discussion from getting any longer.

Your beliefs have to be based on facts, if they're not they're going to get shot down.

What did you expect, everyone to just agree with you? Ignore you? What?

Again this debate has nothing to do what you 'believe'. It has to do with facts that can be backed up with physics.

So once again, can you explain your 'beliefs' using the laws of motion, and explain the equal opposite reaction and momentum conservation laws in context with your explanation of the collapses? If you are so sure, and so well educated to feel your beliefs have merit, then it should be easy for you.

edit on 8/31/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
A calculation of how long it should take an object to free-fall from the late towers' height.

Distance = 1/2 x Gravity x Time(squared)

or

2 x Distance = Gravity x Time(squared)

Time(squared) = (2 x Distance) / Gravity

Time(squared) = 2710 / 32 = 84.7

Time = 9.2 seconds

This assumes vacuum. Obviously it takes a little longer in earth´s atmosphere, due to atmospheric resistance.

So, you see that the towers´reinforcing structure offered about as much resistance as air in this supposedly gravity driven event which is a physical impossibility. This is absolutely irrefutable. Earth's gravity causes objects to fall. They fall according to precise, well-known equations. There is no way around this.

In the above equation gravity produces a downward acceleration of 32 feet per second per second.

What this means is that an object, after falling one second, will be falling at 32 ft/sec.

After the 2nd second, it will be falling at 64 ft/sec.

After the 3rd second, it will be falling at 96 ft/sec. And so on until terminal velocity is reached..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well that was one of the bigger wastes of time I have seen in my life. I got half way through it and realized this "survey" is asking incredibly paranoid-based conspiracy-evil-gubmint minded questions in an online chat/discussion forum of primarily paranoid-based conspiracy-evil-gubmint minded people who lack any critical analytical thinking skills and who thrive on the notion that nothing is too outlandish and too out-of-this-world to happen. Can't WAIT to see these results. It would be like going into a bee hive and asking the inhabitants if bees buzz...or going into an asylum and asking if those voices in your head are real.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I would like to say 2 things. This is one of the better conspiracy sites around as we all get to debunk each other in a free and open manner.

I think the title is misleading though as "conspiracy theory" should have been termed something other than theory. I mean, we "know" there were multiple detonations, source unknown, and that even the firefighters and police (boots on the ground) all reported the weirdness. My hat's off to the incredibly fearless firefighters of New York City. Respect and RIP to the one's that didn't make it out alive and to those still suffering its effects today.

That is all.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I feel the survey left out the most interesting conspiracy involving September 11th. That would be the thought that Flight 93 was shot down by the government/military before it could crash into its intended target. That day and soon thereafter there were many reports of people in the area seeing unmarked fighter jets on a course to intercept the flight. The plane was blown to smithereens. It also happened in one of the last locations possible before people on the ground became a much bigger problem. Even W hinted at this in his tv interview with Matt Lauer for that book he released. I can't say I would have made that decision, but I can understand why. The people on the plane for intents and purposes were goners, the only question was how many people on the ground would they take with them? But in such a time how could the government let the rest of America know that they had blown up Americans, just like Al-Qaeda? So they covered it up and spread a disinformation campaign for the next 10 years that redirected questions to false paths that hid the real conspiracy. And it worked as even this conspiracy site won't even acknowledge in its poll the possibility that .gov shot down a plane full of its own citizens.

I will also entertain the idea that .gov was going to acknowledge they did it, but then learned the passengers were actually trying to take, or had taken back, control of the plane and then had to hide the fact that they had ordered the straight up murder of those people for no reason at all.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Incidentally, speaking of terminal velocity; the reason cats survive amazingly high falls is due to their "understanding" of elementary physics, which certainly is way better than that of many humans.

A cat reaches its terminal velocity of about 60 mph within 5 stories of free-fall. In contrast, a person's terminal velocity is about 120 mph.

Once a cat reaches its terminal velocity, it then actually begins to slow down. This is because the cat relaxes, changing its position to resemble a spread eagle cat. This increases its cross-sectional area and slows the cat down. Relaxing also causes the impact force to the cat to be spread out over more area when the cat lands, resulting in a decrease in injuries to cats' limbs when they fall seven or even more stories.

Not only do cats seem to "understand" how increasing their area can lead to a less painful landing, they also seem to be well versed in conservation of angular momentum, which they masterfully use to land on their feet time and time again.
edit on 31-8-2011 by galdur because: typo

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hey all, 1st post

"Plane + Skyscraper = Kaboom ?"

So the official story states that modern day Boogie Man "Osama Bin Laden" coordinated this massive attack on the greatest military power of our modern age from a Cave in the middle of the desert.
Now im not so sure about the whole "Inside Job" theory, but if the OS is in fact the truth, Im confused as to why no one from the Intelligence Community was held accountable for this monumental fail, especially with the mountain of paperwork and memo's indicating that they had at least some sort of prior knowledge.

The U.S. Govt is obviously hiding something about that day,

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
All good questions. I watched the whole thing on television that day while at home nursing a broken ankle and saw the first news break. The questions pretty covered my exact feelings during the course of the day.

Specifically ... WTF! How do 2 towers suddenly collapse on themselves at free-fall speed. BS! Then later on that day, when the 3rd tower fell, well ... that pretty much clenched it for me.

And remember, no one had to tell me or plant anything in my brain basket. I was thinking this as it happened.

And ... when I started hearing those words "Bombs" ... it immediately reminded me of OKC. And what was I doing on that day (watch out, unbelievable) nursing an injured back.

edit on 31-8-2011 by AgentC because: spelling ... did I miss anything?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Sounds like poster "A boy in a dress" IS George Bush, with too much time on his hands
at his ranch in Crawford Texas...

You found me out, heh?
Oh those hands have nice red nails -by the way.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The Baby Seal Club

...Originally posted by A boy in a dress:
It was the day I had cable installed and the first images I saw on my TV was a aeroplane
hitting a tall building in the US.... then I sat thinking an accident happened and with a dropped jaw,
I watched a secondhit the other one. Then it all began...

...Originally posted by The Baby Seal Club:

No you didn't. Nobody saw live footage of the first plane hitting the towers.
That footage wasn't released until hours later...Well except for Pres. Bush who claimed he saw it all live.

I'll stand corrected for now, but Sky News showed a recording of the first plane and has they
were discussing it, the other one hit... I'll check on it.
Thanks for the 'heads-up'

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Enough with the damn surveys already!
I can't find a damn thing in my U2U inbox anymore, it's nothing but survey announcements for two pages or more!
Good job rendering that feature completely useless!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Very well thought out survey SO. Kudos to you and your staff. In some respects this should look like the choir speaking to itself, but well done series of questions nonetheless,

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I remember this day vividly. I was headed into work in Houston sitting in stop and go traffic when the morning DJ's announced a plane has hit the WTC. Wow I thought to myself. A short time later and the second plane was announced. My jaw dropped. I looked around at the other motorists around me and their jaws had also dropped. Time stood still. seconds later my phone rang, it was the property manager for the building complex I was director of security for. I put my emergency flashers on and off I went up the emergency lane. I then called my wife and advised her to stay home. Before I made it to work the Pentagon was hit. It was going to be a very bad day. My twelve man security team grew to 24 within the next 12 hours. I had guys on rooftops with binoculars. Profiling of Arab delivery men and constant visits from the FBI throughout the day. We had 7 consulates on our complex. 3 of which were likely going to be suspect countries in this act. I remember being more worried about retribution against these consulates than anything else. I will never forget that day. Thank God the attacks stopped. I rember thinking whats the next target, how many of these attacks are we going to endure today?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

Everyone knows thats a fantasy theory based on subjective opinion wrapped in science lingo.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Big Big thumbs up to the site owners for doing this pole

9/11 2001 was red pill day for me, and for millions of others worldwide, and pretty much all thanks to the internet.

We could debate about this all day every day but at the end of the day they've gotten away with it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I took this video 10 years ago myself. I've been reluctant to share any part of it for the duration for obvious reasons to you all. I found it strange that the government only released 5 frames of video, while I, an ordinary American, was able to capture many minutes...

I've studied my footage for a decade and to date I still can't figure out how plane N644AA made the cleanest crash in aviation history, traveling at 530 mph coming out of a turn according to Chapter 1 in the 9/11 Commission report.

To see the video go here:
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join