It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New report shows elected officials don't know anything about the constitution or bill of rights

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You answered 23 out of 33 correctly — 69.70 %
I'm satisfied with that, but I'm not the elected official. They should be required to know all of that stuff and more in detail.

Why don't we just elect some janitors or flight attendants to office, at least they know 5% more about the government than who we usually elect.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You answered 26 out of 33 correctly — 78.79 %

Even a fool like me can do better than our politicians. Sad but true.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well to be fair this survey isn't a direct test of our current politicians:

From the op link:

Of the 2,508 People surveyed, 164 say they have held an elected government office at least once in their life. Their average score on the civic literacy test is 44%, compared to 49% for those who have not held an elected office. Officeholders are less likely than other respondents to correctly answer 29 of the 33 test questions. This table shows the “knowledge gap” for each question: the difference between the percentage of common citizens who answered correctly and the percentage of officeholders who answered correctly.

So they took a poll and seperated out people who claimed to have held public office at one point in their life. This is a bit of manipulating trying to extrapolate this to current members of Congress which I believe was the intent of this thread.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join