It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are the new creator...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hypothetically speaking: The world has ended and all of our current technologies are gone, lost forever! In this cataclysm, every religious, atheist, and scientific belief has been proven to be a deception at once. No God, No intelligent life on other planets, a creator once existed but is no more. The continents have been pushed together into one pangea and every ethnicity has been distributed equally upon the new super continent. There is nothing left to show where man had once advanced to. No buildings, vehicles, firearms, books, clothes. No one can remember the world the way it used to be. EXCEPT YOU!

YOU ALONE have been tapped to lead in this new world. With ALL of your memories of the old world still fresh in your mind, how do you mold and shape mankind's destiny in this new reality?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SumerianSoldier

If no one else could remember the former world then technically you could shape it anyway you wanted

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

This is kinda like the book of Eli.
Except not.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

But what would YOU do? Would you re-introduce the old beliefs? Teach math and science? Would you teach people to farm and worship the earth? Would you mold the world into a warrior society?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You have created the new world, the new frontier. Dude, this is beautiful.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Okay I'll add a bit more, if I was chosen personally then one of the first things I'd probably do away with would be currency; maybe not get rid of cash entirely but work more around the principle that people trade/exchange services or knowledge as the main form of income.

I wouldn't force everyone to work as that's removing free will (which I don't agree with) but I'd try and encourage a society were if you didn't work then you would lose the collective benefits, I suppose I'm talking about making the tax system fairer.

I'd scrub away political correctness and allow people to embrace the freedom of speech, people would be tried fairly in court with a punishment fits the crime type of attitude.

Another main focus would be encouraging local communities to "band together" so to speak and help each other out .

The education system would need to be looked at, the main purpose here would be to ensure that everyone had a level of basic education.

I'd work hard on encouraging racial, cultural and social integrations.

I could go on and on here
to a much greater detail but my brains turned off after being at work all day.

I'm sure others will come along and add their input, S+F from me.

Note: This is coming from a British perspective but working on the assumption that we came together as one land mass I think the points would still apply.

It's a pretty hard question to answer, would others around you know absolutely nothing of how the world used to be?
edit on 31/8/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I would tell everyone that they should all find their purpose in life and help others to do the same, otherwise the world will be destroyed as it was before.

I'm sure the truth wouldn't hurt.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I didn't create it, it just happened, I'm just waiting on you to tell me what to do. Are you going to teach me how to farm? Fish? Gather? Hunt? Let me fend for myself? How far do you raise my consciousness or push to get mankind free thinking again? Do you preside over squabbles or do you allow me to kill my neighbors because it's easier to pick fruit off the tree they're eating from?

In other words, do you help or hinder the new evolution?
edit on 31-8-2011 by SumerianSoldier because: spelling

top topics

join