It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Us VS Them illusion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Anyone who turns on the news will tell you our country is divided, it's segmented into a hopeless mess of fighting amongst ourselves. I'm sick of it. Isn't it obvious that is just what TPTB want to see? Choose a side, it doesn't matter what it is, they are all bought and paid for. They don't give a damn what side you choose, as long as you're divided. That's not just political affiliations, that's race, gender, sexual orientation, anything that comes with a label is used by these people as a tool to divide us. Why can't we see it for what it is?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

Permit me to issue and control the money of the nation and I care not who makes its laws. — Mayer Amsched Rothchild, a prominent European banker in the eighteenth century

That pretty much says it all I think. The rest is a divide and conquer aspect. We keep fighting with each other while they laugh at us all the way to the bank.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

Everybody can see it.

Why don't we do anything to change it?

If we can figure that out we will be making some progress. To some people progress itself is bad. We are tricked into thinking the bad is good and the good is bad when truth is just exactly the opposite, almost every-time.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I've read that quote before, it always invokes a cold shiver, because that is exactly what's happening.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by bekisu

Everybody can see it.

Why don't we do anything to change it?

If we can figure that out we will be making some progress. To some people progress itself is bad. We are tricked into thinking the bad is good and the good is bad when truth is just exactly the opposite, almost every-time.

Well...we could focus on what we all have in common...the fact we're getting screwed, sans lube lol. But seriously... We're all suffering from a sick combination of anger and apathy. The anger has been there for ages, it prevents us from seeing things clearly, we focus our anger on people undeserving of it. The apathy comes in when we feel hopeless to do anything about it, so we continue to sit there watching Jersey shore and American Idol while our brains melt... We need to make better use of our time here, and start trusting each other, and not politicians and TV is all I'm saying.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

You are a little defensive.
I am agreeing with you and you are taking it wrong.

One thing I hate is a bunch of people who cry over how bad they have it without moving to step two, doing something about it. Not you but I mean PEOPLE in general. On another hand I don't think we should move too quickly and act in haste, but definitely move methodically and constantly forward.
I don't advocate those alarmist fires, revolts and tearing things down like old regimes and the Tea Party might.
First you recognize you have a problem. (This long slow waking up is taking generations.) It didn't just happen.
Some people still think everything is OK. Maybe for them - but they are in a minority.

Then once most people recognize we HAVE a problem we begin to think of ways to solve it. Ways that will not end up making it worse or ourselves worse off down the road.

The problem that you point out so well is "an imagined division of interests" a "manufactured war" between the left brained verses the right brained political thinkers.
Meanwhile if we joined together in the peoples interest, start from positions where we are in AGREEMENT RATHER THAN (where we oppose each other) there is nothing we can't do in 6 months.

Independent lobbys and well moneyed factions drive us apart so we can't do exactly that.
It is a shame.
I am saying you have it right.
Why talk about whether you are right or not?....YOU ARE RIGHT.
Now, lets work on how to fix it. All I'm saying.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

agreed.our truths matter.they only take different forms.how can we help each other?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekisu
Anyone who turns on the news will tell you our country is divided, it's segmented into a hopeless mess of fighting amongst ourselves. I'm sick of it. Isn't it obvious that is just what TPTB want to see? Choose a side, it doesn't matter what it is, they are all bought and paid for. They don't give a damn what side you choose, as long as you're divided. That's not just political affiliations, that's race, gender, sexual orientation, anything that comes with a label is used by these people as a tool to divide us. Why can't we see it for what it is?

I've been watching this now for seems like forever. Those powerful and elite understand that while we, as a nation divided unto itself, bicker and feud, they can pretty much get away with anything they want. And it works damn well too because the moment we try to shine light on this person or that, they are immediately defended en mass by those who have been trained to respond in a political manner.

In short, we - you and I - don't have genuine concerns if we criticize this person or that. Our motives are unpure; strictly political, so whatever we have to say means nothing.

But worse than all of this is that these same elite know that they can harness us as a whole by simply applying some event, like 9.11 (as an example). We'll all wave flags and support them and whatever they want us to do.

Yeah, whatever they want US to do.

It's a real b**ch of a plan.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneeye

agreed.our truths matter.they only take different forms.how can we help each other?

I guess the only thing we can do is pay attention, be aware, don't attack each other, and be ready to move in almost any direction when the time comes or when the alarm bell rings.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Sorry, I didn't want to sound defensive, I agree with you too lol. That's the problem with talking to the internet, you miss stuff like tone of voice and things. But...as far as what to do about it, I think we need to (collectively) shift our focus... As a society we are distracted by so many things that are really just irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I honestly think this is done on purpose, they keep us entertained so we're not focusing on what's going on.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Totally, it's the whole problem, reaction, solution thing. Make an enemy when the people start to catch on.

new topics

top topics

join