It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman opens fire on office of Democratic lawmaker

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by whaaa

Sensationalist junk title.
Sensationalist junk article.

"Gunman opens fire?"
Anyone hear the shots?
Or are they just fabricating a story here...?
How do they know it wasn't a kid shooting at birds?

"Thanks to Gov. Perry that concealed weapons can be smuggled in?"
What kind of garbage is that?

Good god the title should read: "OMG! We have no clue how to tell the truth so we just make stuff up!"

Horrible article with a horrible journalist.
That was a waste of time.

No offense whaaa...
But that article is a little too anti-gun/pro-bulldung for me.

that was my thought ,jeez are they thinking whether they should use this as a excuse to take their guns away or is this sensationalized purposely to use at a later date?............unbelievable

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

The story has been updated here:

source

The original source quoted in the OP's links to politico, which corrected their story yesterday. There were no shots fired at all. It was erroneously reported by the Houston Chronicle.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The #4 buck shot does not have much difference from a bb. The window was shot out in the middle of the night. No one around no one would hear it. And there was more than two small holes. Two windows were hit but only one was broken out. The second window only had a single hole.

My thought on this is a drunk guy at a bar talking politics and getting angry decided to do a quick drive by to prove he was a man because he felt 9 feet tall and bullet proof. Just a drunk blowing off steam in the middle of the night.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by hawkiye

My thought on this is a drunk guy at a bar talking politics and getting angry decided to do a quick drive by to prove he was a man because he felt 9 feet tall and bullet proof. Just a drunk blowing off steam in the middle of the night.

ats post

There was no shooting here. Simply criminal mischief.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here is Fox News saying they heard a car backfire then found the windows. I think this is one of those stories you will never get a true answer.
www.myfoxhouston.com...

Workers in the building originally thought they heard a car backfiring. That's when they discovered the broken window.

It did not immediately appear Green was a target.

The Houston Police Department and the Harris County Sheriff’s Department responded to the call and are investigating.

HPD tells FOX 26 News they are not ruling out the possibility that the gunshots may be the result of a BB or pellet gun of some kind. The original caller did not state that they heard gunshots.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Another over-sensationalized propaganda piece against firearms.

Rawstory.com is the same as the National Enquirer gossip tabloids when it comes to reality.

RS.com will twist, pervert and/or spin any story it can to best fit its agenda against firearms.

The following speaks volumes to how Rawstory.com will distort any story to fit their anti-firearm gun grabbing agenda... the following has absolutely zero to do with the event that took place but much like some cheap tabloid, Rawstory.com suddenly states:

"Thanks to a law signed by Gov. Rick Perry, Texans with concealed-carry permits can bypass the metal detectors when carrying weapons into the Texas Capitol building as of Thursday.

Earlier this year, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) was shot in the head outside a Tucson supermarket."

Whaaa, how does your following comments have anything at all to do with your OP...?

Originally posted by whaaa

I personally am all for concealed carry permits provided the person asking for the CCP goes thru a battery of test to confirm his/her eligibility.

Any one that shows the inability to make rational decisions such as a DWI, domestic abuse, or psychological malfunctions should not have a gun in public.

This of course will not prevent the crazy people from getting a gun and doing what ever they want with it. The availability of registered and unregistered fire arms is astonishing.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The #4 buck shot does not have much difference from a bb.
Tell that to the game warden when he checks the shells in your gun when you are hunting turkeys and are limited to BB and smaller shot, and you are loaded with #4 buck.

The difference is .064 inches, but weight is an entirely different thing.
A lead BB weighs .57 grams, while lead #4 buck is 1.34 grams.
Source
edit on 31-8-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
When you outlaw BB guns only outlaws will have BB guns.
And uzis. They are outlaws afterall.

Seriously? BB gun or a .50 cal sniper rifle, bad form. And the perp should be caught and punished.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

The #4 buck shot does not have much difference from a bb. The window was shot out in the middle of the night. No one around no one would hear it. And there was more than two small holes. Two windows were hit but only one was broken out. The second window only had a single hole.

Dude your own image shows #4 buck is more then twice the size of a bb and as I said about 1/4 inch it also weighs much more... That is why they only put about 8 in the shell. Still you would be hard pressed to even find #4 in stock in a store as most people do not use it. Most people use double ought and it is mainly for protection. Nice of you to look it up after the fact and then still make a ridiculous statement about them being the same size and post a picture proving yourself wrong... Sigh

Also the video says the incident happened at 11 in the morning not at night. And then someone posted an updated article stating it was a BB or a pellet gun... Get a clue...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Texans with concealed-carry permits can bypass the metal detectors when carrying weapons into the Texas Capitol

So a concealed-carry permits means you can bypass security and smuggle anything you want. WOW!!!
Does Homeland Security know this? How about all those drug smugglers?

If you wanted to kill someone you could grab a fire extinguisher and bash someone over the head with it.

Passing laws doesn't stop criminals. It only unarms innocent people from protecting themselves.

Besides, firearms are 20th century tools. Directed Energy weapons will be the murder weapons of this Century. Complicates forensics/ convictions.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This post should be "HOAX". Or change the subject. I was expecting a good story and instead I just got a good let down.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I recall back in high school these certain individuals would do "drive bys" of a sort where they took a length of a small diameter tube PVC or copper or steel or whatever capped at one end and loaded them partially with BB's, nuts, rocks, whatever and would whip their arms across the target from the moving vehicle which sent the little projectiles flying. The longer the pipe/arc the faster the projectile.

Did some pretty good damage from what I can recall. Broken windows, chipped paint on cars, not to mention sent people running in a mischief induced panic.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

If you wanted to kill someone you could grab a fire extinguisher and bash someone over the head with it.

Not if they ban those first!

The government could try and be "proactive" like in the UK, where they are looking at banning things that MIGHT be used as weapons.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
From O.P.

Thanks to a law signed by Gov. Rick Perry, Texans with concealed-carry permits can bypass the metal detectors when carrying weapons into the Texas Capitol building as of Thursday.

These shots were fired through his office at 200 block of the North Sam Houston Parkway East, having nothing to do with the Capitol building.

Houston police said holes were also found in windows at U.S. Rep. Gene Green's office in the 200 block of the North Sam Houston Parkway East between 8 and 10:30 a.m.

msnbc.msn.com

Also, it seems like a coincidence that his office was hit, because other storefront windows were shot out as well.

Security personnel at Green's building said other buildings in the area had similar incidents.

msnbc.msn.com

If his own security team isn't to concerned, then it can't be very serious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join