It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lense flares dont do THAT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Found a video that I think is worth some discussion:

The poster of this video says that Jupiter has some type of explosion that breaks apart Elenin. I watched and thought wow thats pretty weird. Then I remembered that Elenin is no where near Jupiter nor has it ever been near it.(atleast it hasnt been on this go around of Elenin)

Heres the JPL diagram to illustrate this point:

NASA JPL Elenin orbit diagram

In the video can see some type of "shockwave" move away from Jupiter and interact with some other space object. The poster says its Elenin, but I'm pretty sure after looking at the JPL diagram I provided you will see this impossible. Other members have said that the "shockwave" seen moving from Jupiter is just a lense flare that happens when Jupiter moves out of frame.

Okay, thats fine and dandy but then we are still left with a few questions. If that isnt an explosion making that "object" suddenly change directions then what is making it change coarse? Also, is that "object" even something that's really out there or is it somthing the maker of the video CGI'ed into the video?

There are definetly some things to discuss here, but it definetly isnt Elenin related. Your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

I dont understand or see what's being described as comet Elenin, to me it looks like there are two objects crossing over one another as we are looking in 2D, it's very possible one object is *infront* of the other.

What I'm saying is look closely and you can see the two objects one travelling SW the other NW through the frames, therefore they never split or turn they just continue travelling in one steady direction.

Just my thoughts,
E

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
We are looking at a 2D display, it's very hard to assume where objects are in relation to each other from only a flat 2D perspective.
I don't see any explosions I see lens flare, but I have no idea or guesses as to what the moving object is or what it's doing. The "explosion" could be say, 1000 miles in front of the camera, and the object could be 10,000 miles from the camera, making that "explosion" no where near that object, from a 3D perspective.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

That's pretty cool.
I'm not positive on what is happening, but it does look like an explosion.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I thought it looked like a lens flare, but what is the pulse that follows it.
I think it's too close to be a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
We are looking at a 2D display, it's very hard to assume where objects are in relation to each other from only a flat 2D perspective.
I don't see any explosions I see lens flare, but I have no idea or guesses as to what the moving object is or what it's doing. The "explosion" could be say, 1000 miles in front of the camera, and the object could be 10,000 miles from the camera, making that "explosion" no where near that object, from a 3D perspective.

Very good point

Either way, this guy is toting this video as Elenin when it is most definetly not.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Would seem to give a litte more credit to the electric universe theory !

How else could you account for an "ejection" other than it being either electric or mass ?

This does not look like a mass ejection does it?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Star wars nothing more.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes, its lens flare. More accurately, internal reflections. It happens whenever a bright object enters or leaves the field of view of the Heliospheric Imager.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

No, Elenin did not change direction. Well, technically, since it's on an eliptical orbit it's changing direction all the time. But its rate of movement and direction do appear to change a lot more than they really do. It's an illusion called retrograde movement, a result of the point of view.
www.lasalle.edu...

edit on 8/31/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I took astronomy 1 and 2 in college and I can say this is very interesting.

Also, while I was in the air wing Navy VA-215 I saw some very interesting things.

But, something is always nothing until we have effect.

It seems its always just out of reach.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here is another video of this "shockwave", which is 100% lens flare, but what's curious about this video is that Elenin or whatever this object is, has a severe change in direction.

I know Phage and others will say it's retrograde motion of Elenin, which it may very well be, but I don't believe Elenin would be making such a sharp turn like that so quickly.

The lens flare "hitting it" is just a coincidence of timing as far as I'm concerned, a lens flare is not redirecting anything in space.

The only way to know for sure Elenin is making it's turn in this video is to wait about a week or so and see if the motion continues following a curvature path around the sun.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I don't think that's Elinin. It's not in the right place. There is a grain of truth there...and that's the fact that Elinin seems to be breaking up and disintegrading.
edit on 8/31/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/31/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Bruce Willis saves Earth again!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ceac48a682a9.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
And, the person who is commenting on this video has a degree in astronomy or astrophysics?

You people REALLY need to listen to people who KNOW what they're talking about.

Not some smuck who found a video and goes to post stuff like he has a PHD in the subject. -sigh-

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
And, the person who is commenting on this video has a degree in astronomy or astrophysics?

Not some smuck who found a video and goes to post stuff like he has a PHD in the subject. -sigh-

Please direct us to the poster that has these degrees.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

Originally posted by nusnus

Please direct us to the poster that has these degrees.

Obviously people with such degrees have better things to do than to sit and post a video to feed the oogey bogey conspiracy lovers xD ahahahaha

Read some articles or something.

Edit: If anyone who actually cared about this comet did some googling, they would notice the following link describing the solar mass ejection about to hit Elenin on Aug 31. Oh and there's a small video too.

spaceobs.org...
edit on 31-8-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join