It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu, errrr, false memories.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
From wiki,...

Déjà vu is the experience of feeling sure that one has already witnessed or experienced a current situation, even though the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain and were perhaps imagined.

But when I have Deja Vu, I recognize that yes, it seems I have done this befor, BUT, I also have memories of what happens during Deja Vu that don't happen again in real life just towards the end of it.

Example Deja Vu I had.

I was laying in bed while my woman was in the bathroom showering. Deja Vu popped up and it was the same. But then I remembered that Alex, my stepson was going to come in the room and ask me what time we had to leave. BUT, in real life, Alex didn't come in and ask me anything, allthough my memory from the Deja Vu said he did.

My thought, and the only one that makes sense, is that they say when we die, we don't know we are dead, and we keep doing things over and over that we did while we were alive. Such as when people see civil war soldiers as if they were still in battle. Perhaps they are reliving their life, but don't realize they are dead.

Here's my theory.

I think that death comes in layers. Lets say for example those that don't have Deja Vu aren't dead. People that do have it, are dead. But, those that are dead that don't see other spirits, are in stage 1 of death. They haven't died twice. Those that died a second time, are in whats known as heaven, and live amoungst all that have lived in the past.
edit on 31-8-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Imagining something vividly enough and with your heart and soul will bring your senses and emotions into play, your deep mind doesn't know the difference between that imagined event and an actual one.

LINK

Something to bear in mind...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

I use to get alot of Deja Vu moments when I was younger where I would remember every little bit of something, specific sidewalk cracks, trees, structures and it would really freak me out.

As I got a little bit older it seems to have died down, I can't remember the last time this has happened.

E

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i had a deja vu , like the one you had, the same way , i was lying on my bed , taking a nap then i opened my eyes and i saw my little brother coming in to my room he asked me to answer the phone; after the deja vu i waited for my brother to come in but he didn't ...

i readed some where else on the net that deja vu is a kind of memorie malufanctioning , or amnesia ,

Anyone can explain ??

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
to me its usually a balance of the 3:

false memory recall - basically, u reflect on something that just happened and in the process of repeatin the memory, think it happened before

similar or identical event perceived as the initial cuz of all the similarities

or, genuine timeline replay, including past life or something more recent.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

The "dying in layers" theory is one I have definitely never heard of. Cool idea.

Personally, I think deja vu is simply the left and right sides not being in sync so you experience things twice for a few seconds. So, in reality, you are remembering something that already happened. But it just happened... like nanoseconds before. When your brain catches up, it stops. That's why it never lasts very long.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Deja Vu is one of my favorite topics, my favorite Deja Vu experiences are the ones where you find yourself saying "i"m having deja vu right now, and as i say this it is still occuring".
One odd experience i had recently was a friend and i were playing some NHL '11 and he made a comment that sparked a deja vu sensation, at that moment i knew the next sequence in the deja vu was me replying back to him. So knowing that I kept silent and didn't say a word and my friend still said what i thought he was going to say. i thought maybe if i broke the Deja Vu chain it would stop, but it didn't work and he still said what he was supposed to.

great topic OP.

Regards,
- 5TFD

top topics

join