It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Officials interested in a Dynamite theft in Canada (Quebec)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I live in Montreal and have several contacts in the MTL Underground. As far as the bikers are concerned. If it's one of the gangs. noone is gloating. Ever think it might be the FLQ trying to make a comeback ? Quebec has been telling us for years that the FLQ is dead, but I grew up in the Quebec Laurentians where they still have active training camps.

This is the Militia that was wiring mailboxes with explosives, and if memory serves me I believe an police officer was killed in an explosion. People we're kidnapped . It lead to the October Crisis and forced Pm. Pierre Trudeau to make the decision to mobilize troops into the province, a first for Canada during "Peace Time" (Whatever that means)

Here are some links.

FLQ: en.wikipedia.org...

October Crisis: en.wikipedia.org...

I don't think the U.S. has anything to worry about. Quebec is full of crazy french canadians waiting to blow us Anglophones up.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStonerMessiah

Demographics're working against the nationalists. That and there's an obvious difference in the political climate now than there was in the 60's which eliminates the need for blowin' stuff up to get attention. If some throwback group thought that blowin' stuff up was a good idea again, they'd most likely permanently alienate the soft nationalists that the political wing relies upon.

This is just more biker turf war feces.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

A very good point, still I must stress that the threat of radical nationalists here in Quebec still exists, but I agree that planning a attack so close to a provincial election would do nothing to help the nationalists.

The Montreal mob has been involved in a big turf war with the Toronto Mob (allegedly) for the last year or so, I wouldn't be surprised if that dynamite turned up in T.O.

<< 1   >>

join