It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you like to see Ron Paul debate a George W. Bush Neocon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Two things that make me more sick to my stomach than almost anything else is now coming in a single package with the name: Rick Perry. It is no secret to anyone here that he has been my target to take down since day 1. But as time goes by it seems more people continue to like him and more things are revealed that make me hate him. Perhaps the American people and I are on two different planets, I often feel that way. The fact is, Rick Perry has now created his foreign policy from meeting with foreign policy ‘experts’ arranged by Donald Rumsfeld, his goal is to differentiate himself from the other Republican candidates.

Mitt Romney cannot figure out exactly what approach he wants, Bachmann is more restricted about war but has no problems violating the laws, and Ron Paul has stood to his principles of no war unless someone brings it to us. Rick Perry? Well he is now entering the field as the arch enemy of Ron Paul and I’s political stance on this issue, he wants to be known as the “hawk internationalist”.

He will claim to be some outsider, a Texas country cowboy who will not take crap from anyone and is not afraid to stand on behalf of our soldiers. Yet he forms his foreign policy around going against what the soldiers want (why else would they give more to Ron Paul than all other candidates combined?) and is going to maintain the status quo of nation-building, international policeman, and waster of worker’s money.

Yet we should expect nothing less from the Bilderberg groomed, “open borders with Mexico”, and trans-Texas corridor Rick Perry. He is cut from the same cloth as all the Neoconservatives are. The ones who first created the title ‘Conservative’ and applied it to their movement as they hijacked the limited government movement so as to reframe it as “battle the Reds everywhere”. Springing up from the National Review of William F. Buckley, financed by the military industrial complex along with the Council on Foreign Relations, and supported by the Bilderberg group and UN. They hijacked the right-wing in this country and strangled it into submission, with the notable beginning of this control with the saying that Reagan solidified the New Deal as something accepted by both sides.

Not only was the welfare state absorbed into the Right but so too was the Wilson-Roosevelt-Truman foreign policy doctrine of liberal internationalism, now known as “hawk internationalist”. If you think Perry will do anything to change the status quo… how did George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan do? They did not change anything; there was no ‘Reagan Revolution’, unless you consider ‘changing the status quo’ as kicking out the former Right and replacing it with your own types.

Okay I will end my rant. But the point is on September 7th at the debates we will see on stage the now ‘front runner’ Rick Perry with his George W. Bush style foreign policy views go head-to-head on national television with Ron Paul. It seemed pretty big when Paul and Santorum debated, and he was a virtual nobody, so imagine the almost war like atmosphere we will see on that stage. This could be a big ‘make or break’ moment for Paul as from the last debates it looks like he is not holding back on the foreign policy issues no matter what anyone else says.

That night I will be cheering for Paul to come out with a huge victory over Perry, hopefully exposing him for the fraud he is at the same time. I doubt the media will even question him on his history with mentions of “open borders with Mexico”, support for the Trans-Texas corridor, forced vaccination of 6th grade girls with a shot made by a company whose CEO he was best friends with, his heading of Al Gore’s 1988 campaign in Texas, his letter to Hillary Clinton on her health care proposals, and most importantly his outlandish freak show lineup at his prayer event.

My bets are they will stray away from that while they say, “Mr. Paul, just when Hurricane Irene was about to devastate the lives of millions on the East coast you said we need to eliminate FEMA. Do you believe that leaving people to fend for themselves is right?”

Source

Rick Perry showcases his interventionist credentials
Enemy of America: Rick Perry
The biggest religious movement you never heard of

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am looking forward to the debate as well but I'll call it - the press is going to fawn over Perry in the debates with questions like "In Texas you lowered taxes and increased jobs, why do you think that will work at large?" and then "Mr. Paul - you hate black people, why?"

Its going to get ugly the more support that Paul gets because he cannot be allowed to win.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
They played the FEMA card yesterday, but Paul came out victorious

and again

edit on 31-8-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Here is a great question for Ron Paul during a debate.

"Congressman Paul, would you have given the order to take out Osama Bin Laden?"

Do'h

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Here is a great question for Ron Paul during a debate.

"Congressman Paul, would you have given the order to take out Osama Bin Laden?"

Do'h

Yeah, people have a blood lust and since he doesn't that is going to be a problem. Yeehaw - I wants to watch other people kill other people. Yeehaw!

[edit]
Kidding aside, since we're near 9/11 that is a 100% given question headed to Ron Paul. "Mr. Paul, as we near the ten year anniversary of 9/11, the President had an amazing victory in killing Osama Bin Laden (the sole cause of 9/11), you have stated you would not have done that, why do you hate the victims of 9/11?"

Of course, no body to prove he's dead and everyone involved has since been killed in random accidents but that's not important.

Yee Haw!
edit on 8/31/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
people are really enthusiastic about Ron Paul, making epic videos...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I agree that Rick Perry is a horrible choice especially for his views of wanting to change the Constitution in certain ways, that makes him not an option in my book. I hate to say this but I would probably vote for Obama to have a second term if it keeps Perry out of the White House.

That's saying alot.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It's still early but it looks like Rick Perry is going to be the GOP nominee.
I would like to see the TPM draft Dr. Paul and mount a cohesive campaign but the TP in all it factions
doesn't know how to do much of anything except get media exposure for their various meetings.
I even wonder if the TPM has a steering committee to put together at least a press kit. and statement of purpose other than "smaller govt., less taxes, praise Jesus, and we hate Obama"....It's going to take money, staff, and
someone to take the TPM helm or else be lost in factional bickering.

Our local think tank of ATS members and malcontents contacted and offered to help the TPM thru an email but we haven't heard back. It's been over 2 mo. now. I guess they aren't interested in intellectuals and academics. We're not really surprised. However we have gotten letters of interest from both the GOP and Democrats to perhaps work as coordinators. It's all going to boil down to who offers us the most lucrative contract. No more volunteering for us!!!!!

topic................why?
edit on 31-8-2011 by whaaa because: *u*

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Our local think tank of ATS members and malcontents contacted and offered to help the TPM thru an email but we haven't heard back. It's been over 2 mo. now. I guess they aren't interested in intellectuals and academics. We're not really surprised. However we have gotten letters of interest from both the GOP and Democrats to perhaps work as coordinators. It's all going to boil down to who offers us the most lucrative contract. No more volunteering for us!!!!!
edit on 31-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

What is this about? I do not recall ATS members contacting to help TPM through email. Why did I not get the memo?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by whaaa
edit on 31-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

What is this about? I do not recall ATS members contacting to help TPM through email. Why did I not get the memo?

M....

It's just a local bunch of us ATSers and others here in NM that have made contact and formed an unofficial thinktank/ media group that like to be locally active in everything from politics to blues festivals. Mainly men and women involved in the TV/Movie industry here in Tamalewood that hang out in the same Brew pubs; not a tea drinker in the lot. We would love to have you...consider this your memo!

Ps....there are rumors of an Arizona contingent as well.
edit on 31-8-2011 by whaaa because:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I am not exactly a Tea Party fan but was just curious what exactly you were talking about. I understand now, thanks for the clarification.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Ron Paul vs a George W Bush style Neocon?

Same kind of people. What would they debate about? How much they agree that the middle class and the poor should be stomped on as much as possible while they give the richest 1% more control over this nation?

It's wouldn't be a debate, it would be a butt kissing contest on how right and god fearing they were.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Why would I want to watch two extremist debate? Neither one of these two, over the top extremist, will ever get anywhere near the White House. Rick Perry is and always has been for sale to the highest bidder and the only thing that Ron Paul has going for him is his anti war stance and even that could come back to bite him in the ass.

When Ron Paul states that he favors eliminating things like FEMA, EPA, FDA, Medicare, Social Security and anti discrimination laws, along with his position that we should not enter into a war until after we have been physically attacked, is a clear reflection of his belief that each and every person should be left to fend for themselves regardless of what hardships should fall their way.

I truly believe that the bulk of Ron Paul's support is due to his anti-war stances which I have to admit that even I support, but only up to a certain point. I am by no means pro-war and I believe that our military is over-extended with respect to our overseas presence but if Ron Paul would not go to war in order to stop the genocide of someone else, he would do the same thing, (which is nothing) when your life was being threatened so long as it didn't result in a direct attack on U.S. soil. If a corporation pollutes the air & water or sells contaminated food in their quest to make a profit, well you're on your own in trying to stop them. If a hurricane or earthquake devastates your community, you're on your own. When you get old and sick and you're forced to choose between medicine and groceries, you're on your own. When you go to the only business in your community that sells the product you need, only to be refused service because of the color of your skin, you're on your own. It's as if Ron Paul wants to go from the unity of "All for one and one for all" to an "Every man for himself" stand alone mentality and I doubt that the majority of americans will actually support his visions.

As opposed to seeing him debate Rick Perry, I would much rather see Ron Paul debate the head of the ACLU or possibly a panel of constitutional scholars, now that would be interesting.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Source

Now not only are Rick Perry's foreign policy advisors thus far more hawkish than those of George W. Bush but the Perry plan is to speak of a 'humble foreign policy' (remember Bush 2000) and try to run on the US needing to go it alone on these adventures overseas. The reason is clear: steal voters from Ron Paul. By pretending to neither be a 'dove' or a 'hawk' he will attempt to unite a party now divided on the issue of foreign policy. Just like Bush did to steal away non-interventionist Pat Buchanan supporters in 2000 Rick Perry will do to the non-interventionist Ron Paul supporters in 2012.

He is such a snake in the grass. The same man who wants an open border with Mexico, forced vaccination of young girls, and had no problem in continuously enlarging the Texas state government has no taken on the identity of some cowboy Ron Paul. Fact is Rick Perry is nothing like Ron Paul, he is a liar, cheater, and Neocon who will change not one damn thing.

Americans who flock to him as if he will change anything will deserve what they get in 2013 when either Obama or Perry is sitting in the White House and everyone is crying "nothing changed"! Of course nothing changed! Idiots thought Obama was going to change what Bush had done, no idiots think Perry will change what Obama had done/is doing.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
naw coz st. paul would loose.

really?

i know ya'll think he is the end all of everything, maybe the second coming of obama but dam!' get real!

dude will drop dead dec 25. 2011, prediction!

edit on 1-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

top topics

join