It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny ignorance?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
A UFO is technically defined as 'Unidentified Flying Object'. If someone in a street or building sees a UFO, it might not be identifiable to them, from that distance... but that does not mean it is Unidentified... if that makes sense. I was actually just thinking of why UFOs and Aliens are put in the same category as I came in this forum, and I guess it's because, obviously, thousands of people believe the UFO they see is from an ET planet and so on. I believe in aliens, of a sort, but most of the time... It's probably just a fast plane with bright lights.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00
reply to post by rocket88

As aliens are as unlikely to exist as alien ships they belong together!

imo

I have seen ufo's myself during the day and it wasn't a light it was a white/shiny orb object.....but it don't mean a thing really as i never saw who or what was operating it!
edit on 31-8-2011 by zerozero00 because: to be more specific

How about "Deny Stupidity"...
Could open up a WHOLE new forum for those ppl....
edit on 1-9-2011 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFruitLoop

Because the mentality and attitude of 99.9999999% is that
Alien lifeforms and UNIDENTYFIED OBEJECTS cant exist.

Thus putting a divided sections Aliens / UFO´s on the forum
would cause havoc amongst the iliterate. And we cant have
that.

Thus the two subjects are ONE.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
TPTB want us to associate ETs with the unidentified flying lights in the sky. And for the most part, a large percentage of people do so.
A few of us feel that the phenomena is no different than the stories of fairies, leprechauns, elves and goblins of the prior centuries - e.g. Spirits. The forms which spirits take can now take the form of UFOs because our culture has flying technology and "tptb" has saturated all forms of media with speculation on the subject matter. These spirits now have suggested forms which they can use.
Crazy idea to a lot of people, but with the category being UFO & Aliens it just further associates the two together, making it more difficult to look at the individual components objectively.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
There is no reasoning with stupid people.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

Originally posted by zerozero00

As aliens are as unlikely to exist as alien ships they belong together!

imo

I have seen ufo's myself during the day and it wasn't a light it was a white/shiny orb object.....but it don't mean a thing really as i never saw who or what was operating it!
edit on 31-8-2011 by zerozero00 because: to be more specific

How about "Deny Stupidity"...
Could open up a WHOLE new forum for those ppl....

Deny arrogance!!

Some people would fit right in!

ar·ro·gance    [ar-uh-guhns] noun offensive display of superiority or self-importance;

edit on 1-9-2011 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Ok mr miccey!

You call me stupid because I havn't seen an alien??

LOL WoW

Show me one to prove I'm an idiot and I'll accept your claim!

Until I see an Alien flyimg an Alien craft that can be identifed as alien...............I will say its doubtfull that is what 99.9999999999% of UFO's are!

They belong together as this is a conspiracy site and not a factual based encyclopedia!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

How can you connect Aliens with flying objects without any proof they are extraterrestrial spaceships? Please do NOT state all those known cases and evidences, I know them.

Trying to make do, is all. The gov't ignores the matter, the military denies such things as existent and the scientific community laughs at the idea. What's more, it seems that if these are "extraterrestrial craft", then any "evidence" and study will be advanced on their terms, not ours (IE they seem rather reluctant to even appear or land on Terra Firma at all, never mind allowing a group of our scientists to catalogue them repetitively and physiologically)

Although I commend the scientific community with least partially engaging the matter and putting forth such theories as "ball lightning" (even taking witness statements of such phenomena into account), I think it would be sound to just cut to the chase. With regard to the Tehran encounter of 1976, would even "ball" lightning do that?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

Its all over man, just look inside yourself..
And be honest with your OWN intelect.

Who are you, me, they, us, them, all to say Aliens doesent exist..
How the F..BEEP do we know..We can only SPECULATE..

Laws of physics...yea right, all laws are ment to be broken.
"We" havent got there, YET. Who are we to say, THEY havent.
SPECULATION..

Theory says an IMPOSIBLE star have been found..Ok..

Dont get stuck in the same thoughtpattern as been Always!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by TheFruitLoop

Because the mentality and attitude of 99.9999999% is that
Alien lifeforms and UNIDENTYFIED OBEJECTS cant exist.

This is not true.
I cant even write down why because it is so obvious not true.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by zerozero00

Dont get stuck in the same thoughtpattern as been Always!!!!

Thats right b*! CAPSLOCK OVERKILLLLLLL!!!!

Dont get stuck! UFOs are probably: Planes, Laterns, Space Junk, Swamp Gas, Planets, Satellites, Metroits, Asteroids, Lightnings, ISS, RC toys, clouds, cgi, time machines, some unknown physical thing, a glitch in the matrix, space vehicle controlled by extraterrestrial lifeforms, unknown lifeforms,...

Holy Topic! Add a shiny politician and you can drop that UFO thing in every forum!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Damn your stupid...

Your so blinded you cant see the sarcasm

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Damn your stupid...

Your so blinded you cant see the sarcasm

You talkin to me?
Just came here to call people stupid?

Why don´t you go outside to your animals and stick your head into their anus? I think this fit perfect!
# to #!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Clarification:

If we look around and talk to others the general attitude is that Aliens and UFO´s
are the same thing..NOOOT!!

Trying to show other this fact is nearly IMPOSSIBLE..

Now if i say ive seen a UFO, i get bombarded with negative attitude.
"So f..beep what!!!" ive seen something i cant explain, it was flying.
Thus a UFO...

Who is saying its an alien, not me!!

But im not saying they dont exist..They have to exist, no matter what ppl say..
There cant be trillions and trillions x millions of galaxies and the same amount of
stars in each and only ONE planet with INTELIGENT life..NO WAY...

PS: Your attitude isnt much better...I was beeing sarcastic before but as
allways hard to spot...
edit on 2011/9/2 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You are on my page. I know that many kids can be smart and contribute an amazing amount of information, but most likely the young crowd needs something to talk about and the forums are fun. I do not relate any alien related information to UFO videos, I don't even watch any UFO video unless it is from South America or the footage was taken from the 1990s or previous. I am in the know that aliens have visited us and the information about them doesn't have much to do with with videos of UFOs in the last 10 years. First of all abduction reports ceased on a grand scale around 2001, around the same time cattle mutilations were on the uprise in South America, so I am interested that they even found an underground alien base just like Paul Bennewitz did. Speaking of Paul, many people went out of their way to discuss how Paul observed UFOs by an Air Force base, but Paul's real work didn't have much to do with that, it was scientific relating of different instruments for the use of physical proof in establishing a link to an underground alien base at a different location.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Got it now. Sorry for being rude. Usual consequence when called stupid.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Nemas problemas

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
UFO could be anything - it's unidentified

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocket88
A few days ago a member started a thread. He suggested to open a new forum for small lights in the night sky because he was fed up watching so called ufo videos which turns out to be small lights in the sky / chinese laterns.

Now here are my thoughts:
If you put Aliens and Unidentified Flying objects together in one forum how can you deny ignorance?
How can you connect Aliens with flying objects without any proof they are extraterrestrial spaceships?
Please do NOT state all those known cases and evidences, I know them. And yes - there are some interesting and fascinating things that might make you believe that some of those ufos are et spaceships.
But what about the rest (which makes the biggest part)?

Even in the A&U Forum there is a thread about what you might have seen! (stars, blimbs, venus, laterns, whatever)
Thats like putting the 2012 forum together with fragile earth because some might think the climate change or vulcano eruptions are caused by planet x or some other bs...

So what you think? Is it the right way to say: unidentified flying object = alien spaceship ?
Is that denying ignorance?

rocket88

I think it should have a more refined section here. Aliens would need some sort of spacecraft to travel here in the first place. So we need a regulated thread that's just that.
**SPACECRAFT** That way can we can really have legit scrutinized video clips.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I see your point, completely, but I'm okay with them being in the same forum. After all this is a conspiracy site and while I agree that not all UFOs are interpretable as alien spacecraft the generally held belief is that that's what they are.

I'm pretty skeptical of the idea that aliens are the best explanation available for ANY UFOs at all but I have a feeling if you separated the two not much would change. People posting in the UFO forum would just claim they are aliens and people posting in the alien forum would all talk about UFOs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join