It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the confederacy trying to return in the US?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It seems to me that a trend is building. Anti union, anti education, pro wealthy. They want workers rights stripped, our schools dumbed down, and to crush any ability to challenge the supremacy of the wealthy families of this country. And thinking about it, there is a perfect analogy to this: The old south and the confederacy. Plantation owners didnt give their slaves any rights other than to work for them. Education was allowed only for the children of the wealthy (some poor whites got minimal education, but only minimal). Small groups owned vast portions of the total wealth of the country. Anyone questioning this system in any serious way found themselves hanging from the end of a rope. I do believe, that there is a cabal of people in this country who would like to see a return to an approximation of this system. Maybe not outright slavery. But a system where workers have little or no rights and the rich have all the rights. these positions are mostly supported by conservative organizations, and the republicans, who control the red states. If you look at a map of the "red states vs the blue states, its literally the same states that were in the confederacy that are red states. I dont think this is coincidence.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 31-8-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is really well thought out.

[end sarcasm]

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I have to also say, to be fair, that there is a fair number of so called democrats who are moving this agenda forward.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
nope , move along

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
I do believe, that there is a cabal of people in this country who would like to see a return to an approximation of this system. Maybe not outright slavery. But a system where workers have little or no rights and the rich have all the rights. these positions are mostly supported by conservative organizations, and the republicans, who control the red states. If you look at a map of the "red states vs the blue states, its literally the same states that were in the confederacy that are red states. I dont think this is coincidence.

Red states, nazis flag, confederate flags, russian communist flag, chinese communist party flag. Notice the glaring similarity. Oh yeah, not a coincidence. Red symbolizes blood. And they will get defensive if they suspect that you're on to them.
edit on Wed 31 Aug 11 by Jazzyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I have to also say, to be fair, that there is a fair number of so called democrats who are moving this agenda forward.

Now that is more well thought out. Which plantation have people of color been living on in the past 140 years and how has that worked out for them? Racism, segregation, public housing, abortions, it seems like the progressives of the 1920's were able to enact what they wanted on minorities and get them to love them for it. Its very 1984.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
To the OP, your initial instincts are absolutely correct, we are indeed witnessing the attempted re-emergance of the confederacy, at least in principle. When they scream and shout about "states rights," they are referring to the same "states rights" that led to S. Carolina declaring it's secession from the U.S. on Dec. 20, 1860, the event that sparked the beginning of the Civil War shortly thereafter. At that time, "states rights" meant the right to own slaves.

I don't know if you remember the scene in the "Roots" saga where a U.S. senator was meeting with the plantation owners shortly after their slaves were freed, but he was explaining to them that just because their slaves had been legally freed didn't mean that they, (the plantation owners) couldn't keep them enslaved through debt. He explained to them that these newly freed slaves would need to purchase plows and mules to work their farms and seeds to plant, etc... He explained that they would never really be free because they, (the wealthy elite) could keep them enslaved via indebtedness to their original owners. Fundamentally, that's what we have now. A nation of minimum wage workers who are paid below subsistence level incomes while the wealthy elite continue to amass the bulk of this nation's collective wealth.

Today, when you hear them shout; "We Want To Take Our Country Back," they're talking about taking us back 151 years, just ask Rick Perry, our latest proponent of secessionism.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It seems to me that a trend is building. Anti union, anti education, pro wealthy. They want workers rights stripped, our schools dumbed down, and to crush any ability to challenge the supremacy of the wealthy families of this country. And thinking about it, there is a perfect analogy to this: The old south and the confederacy. Plantation owners didnt give their slaves any rights other than to work for them. Education was allowed only for the children of the wealthy (some poor whites got minimal education, but only minimal). Small groups owned vast portions of the total wealth of the country. Anyone questioning this system in any serious way found themselves hanging from the end of a rope. I do believe, that there is a cabal of people in this country who would like to see a return to an approximation of this system. Maybe not outright slavery. But a system where workers have little or no rights and the rich have all the rights. these positions are mostly supported by conservative organizations, and the republicans, who control the red states. If you look at a map of the "red states vs the blue states, its literally the same states that were in the confederacy that are red states. I dont think this is coincidence.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Actually if you look at the last few elections, the entire country is red except for large cities with giant suburbs. The brainwashed masses all huddled together were easier to convert to liberalism. You could probably trace back the beginning of the end when cities overtook the countryside as the most populous.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
To the OP, your initial instincts are absolutely correct, we are indeed witnessing the attempted re-emergance of the confederacy, at least in principle. When they scream and shout about "states rights," they are referring to the same "states rights" that led to S. Carolina declaring it's secession from the U.S. on Dec. 20, 1860, the event that sparked the beginning of the Civil War shortly thereafter. At that time, "states rights" meant the right to own slaves.

I don't know if you remember the scene in the "Roots" saga where a U.S. senator was meeting with the plantation owners shortly after their slaves were freed, but he was explaining to them that just because their slaves had been legally freed didn't mean that they, (the plantation owners) couldn't keep them enslaved through debt. He explained to them that these newly freed slaves would need to purchase plows and mules to work their farms and seeds to plant, etc... He explained that they would never really be free because they, (the wealthy elite) could keep them enslaved via indebtedness to their original owners. Fundamentally, that's what we have now. A nation of minimum wage workers who are paid below subsistence level incomes while the wealthy elite continue to amass the bulk of this nation's collective wealth.

Today, when you hear them shout; "We Want To Take Our Country Back," they're talking about taking us back 151 years, just ask Rick Perry, our latest proponent of secessionism.

Thats just your opinion of the situation.Unless you have a time machine the chances of black people becoming enslaved again in the us are extremely thin.Thats not what this is about.Every color of people are waking up to being indentured servitude.Those masses of people that have become educated will overcome.The question is will the nwo thighten down the nut of oppression to far to fast? I say no flags no uniforms just the constitution as our map.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Fair?

Troll, Troll, troll, troll, TROLL, TROLL, troll, troll

How can you even compare elitest with confederacy?

Also, no segregation of the states would end up in a confederate mutation. It would be something new, hopefully a new republic where no fiat exist ever!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I agree with you Flatfish, there is a Confederacy slowly but surely building, but it has not a thing to do with the ways of the Old South, or slaves, and the OP needs to educate themselves a little on the New Confederacy. Let me help out here:

If the OP clicks on, and reads on the following links, he will see that the New Confederacy has nothing to do with the Old Confederacy,
(Rest the souls of they many that died in that terrible and bloody war between Americans. May it never happen again.)

American Patriot Party

Constitutional Amendment to Secede from the UNITED STATES of AMERICA

Constitution Society

THE CONFEDERACY PROJECT - A Blueprint For Peaceful Secession

New American Civil War Recruiting Station

When Change Is Not Enough: The Seven Steps To Revolution

A Declaration Of Independence From The Government Of The USA

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I would welcome change, but what I am asserting is that TPTB are reviving the mindset of the old confederacy, namely a plutocracy, a government by, of and for the rich.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Thats just your opinion of the situation.Unless you have a time machine the chances of black people becoming enslaved again in the us are extremely thin.Thats not what this is about.Every color of people are waking up to being indentured servitude.Those masses of people that have become educated will overcome.The question is will the nwo thighten down the nut of oppression to far to fast? I say no flags no uniforms just the constitution as our map.

I never said that the new confederacy was focused on the re-emergance of black slavery. In case you hadn't noticed, they no longer limit their discrimination to the color of someone's skin. Nowadays, they include things like religious beliefs, national origin, sexual preferences and/or political affiliation. Hell, employers now check your facebook page in order to see where you stand before hiring you. Go figure.

Their new form of discrimination is now far more encompassing than just the color of your skin. Today, it's more of a class warfare situation as opposed to racial discrimination but the results are the same, which is to keep the opposition oppressed and subservient.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Yeah, and the KKK keeps raising it's head under new names and banners too, all the while insisting that it has nothing to do with the old ways of the organization. I guess if you're willing to believe that line of garbage, then you deserve what you get.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

*egads*
*zounds!*
Now it's this? Same tune, just the words are a wee bit different.
*shakes fist*
Curse you wealthy people! We hate you! We want to steal your money bcause we don't want to work for our own!

*sigh*
Tea Party is now responsible for this now?

Please take your biased hatred for freedom somewhere else.

edit on 31-8-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah Beezer, it's always refreshing to read your too typical, precast one liner responses. (The only thing that right wing conservatives seem to be able to remember) They always add so much to the conservation.

Who said anything about your beloved Tea Party? I've read every word the OP wrote and I don't see it anywhere. Do you have a guilt complex or can you just sense when they're talking about you?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Yeah Beezer, it's always refreshing to read your too typical, precast one liner responses. (The only thing that right wing conservatives seem to be able to remember) They always add so much to the conservation.

Who said anything about your beloved Tea Party? I've read every word the OP wrote and I don't see it anywhere. Do you have a guilt complex or can you just sense when they're talking about you?

Well then, break it down for this simple-minded fool. What exactly dos the OP mean?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What the OP is saying is that some people are obviously attempting to return us to the days of open discrimination and oppression without recourse. The only difference is that the determining factor between the oppressed and the oppressors is no longer the amount of black pigment contained in one's skin, but rather it's the amount of green pigment contained in one's wallet.

Hope that was simple enough for you.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Wait... you mean the idea of the Confederacy returning frightens people?!

Well, shame on me for indulging in some fear mongering.

... um, yeah, the Confederacy is makin a comback. Oh boy.

We have two choices in the 21st century.
Pick yours.

A. The New Atheist
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/703202a4eeec.jpg[/atsimg]

B. The New Confederate
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/edf06cb77aae.png[/atsimg]

Besides,
who said it ever left.
I mean just look at that flag.
So much hotness.

All joking aside though.
People in the south are not interested in a persons color,
they are interested in their colors.

David Grouchy

p.s. you name callers really should get some new categories
edit on 31-8-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I never said that the new confederacy was focused on the re-emergance of black slavery. In case you hadn't noticed, they no longer limit their discrimination to the color of someone's skin.

Yea thats pretty much what i got outta your post though.A whole bunch of racial bs.Then you go off on a money rant that is lacking substance and facts and heavy on the left right paradigm.

Its pretty simple if one can just let go of the hate and study the constitution.The real problem will be overcoming the world banking system.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join