It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook want me to upload a government ID with photograph to them !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CodeNameKriltos

The UK doesn't really have freedom of speech set out in law.

What we have is a "Negative right to freedom of expression". To my understanding, this means we have a right to shut up. In practice, we can say/do what we wish, provided it doesn't conflict with one of the myriad of laws that constrain what we can say/do.

In the eyes of the law, posting "Riots in London! Come get your loot! Woo!" is incitement to commit robbery, and therefore, illegal.

Its total rubbish, I agree, but it is the law. The law is an ass, being driven by a buffoon, but it's still the law, and we must obey it, or change it. Not break it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
just stop using facebook and google, it's as simple as that. I mean unless you're okay with giving them your name, phone number, address, you know, just in case there's a problem and they need to fix it, or because of their perpetual fear of internet bots.

edit on 31-8-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Can anyone suggest a good email provider? that doesn't want to know your blood type, mothers maiden name and a lock of your hair? im pulling myself out of facebook slowly and apparently you cant delete your google+ account without getting rid of all the other goodies that come with it (youtube account, gmail etc) i didnt want to post a new thread of this as its more of a friendly request

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I really am for privacy rights.
I just logged into YT and they want my cell phone number supposedly in order to secure my account. Phtt. Makes me wonder what list I'm on.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tlasalt

Two years without it, left it for the same reason.
Plus I'm not that interested in other people.
At least not enough to make a list of them on a website.
Its all too creepy for me, I like living on the outside of the circle.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is Facebook doing a normal corporate scam. If they are kicking somebody out of a digital community, they usually ask for documentation so they have a fuller view of the identity of the person they are talking with. So, it's a basic corporate-scum lie. You can check this up by asking people who has been working at call-centers and stuff. Basically the scam goes a bit like this:

What they say:
"We want you to submit papers so you can prove that your account has not been hijacked."
What this lie mean:
"We want to document who you are in a future case against you, and also want to make sure that you will never be able to use our services again. We will use all information you submit against you."

This also highlights one of the problems of doing business on Facebook. Doing business on Facebook is a lot like having a web page for your business that somebody else controls. It might get shut down for any reason whatsoever, so don't use too much resources on it. If you use it, be sure to point other people to your regular website and have only some minimal information on Facebook for your company.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
I really am for privacy rights.
I just logged into YT and they want my cell phone number supposedly in order to secure my account.

I get that all the time from YouTube. You can click past it without giving them anything and they don't care.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nidstav

What this lie mean:
"We want to document who you are in a future case against you, and also want to make sure that you will never be able to use our services again. We will use all information you submit against you."

Do you have any evidence whatsoever that F.B. is using it to build a case against you or anyone? Most people have dozens of pictures of themselves already on F.B., along with their friends, location, high school, etc. How is sending them a picture of your driver's license with numbers and things blacked out going to give them anything new?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Plus I'm not that interested in other people.

Sounds lonely.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by plnelson

No, Im a legitimate business and they know that having partnered me in a couple of copyright take downs of my work from others profiles. Also and factually, there is not a picture of me on my facebook profile or business group, so they arnt able to verify if Im me through photographic evidence...Interesting isnt it ?

respects

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by plnelson

Its not that bad, I got my books, my beers, and anybody I really care about is already in my life enough as it is.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krystian
lol...i mean if you really want to play the game, download a template of your states ID card...

open up PS CS5...Add the most hilarious picture from facebook you can find, put the address as something hilarious such as google headquarters, take a pic of it on your screen and crop and send it to them....

Facebook....4deLULZ.

*awaits.my.fb.to.be.deactivated*

My thoughts exactly.. I'd mock up a drivers license for eric cartman.. making sure the photo was of a naked boner sporting cartoon character flipping them off... and perhaps defecating profusely.

I reluctantly set up a facebook after moving.. I use so called legal names, but scrambled.. middle first, first last, last initial middle.. f em.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
On checking there are large forums dedicated to Facebook doing this to individuals and businesses that have a profile, yet dont want to run or pay for FBs adds. I just checked using my friends profile and its as if I never existed...all comments made to my daughter yesterday etc havd gone, as has my group page....I think FB has a granduer of God thing going on.

respects

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Oh boy. Yeah. I'd just drop my account. Intrusive.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
i got the same thing as the op, every time i create an account they close my account right away and wont open it till i provide a government issued photo id,

and i am in usa,

edit on 8/31/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

have you contacted FB themselves and inquired directly? seems like going right to the source would make the most sense.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hmm, this is odd. I've seen nothing like this before. Definitely one of the reasons I want to delete my Fb account.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Ive tried to contact a human directly today...there old email addresses that you could contact on have now all been "streamlined" and everything is directed to auto emailing systems. Maybe "Skynet" is closer than we think

respects

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
They have no rights whatsoever to the information they are asking for, so I simply refused and make do without their services. I managed all of my life without facebook, I dont need it now.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

They have every right to ask for that information...you're using their service, you follow their rules.
You don't like it, don't use it.
I don't like Facebook, I don't use it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Providing a government issued ID is completely useless for TPTB to identify your facebook account.

The government already has your photo ID and real name...
You willingly post your pictures online...
The government has the technology to identify anyone in any picture with your government ID, aka driver's license.

They know...

You might as well let facebook see your ID...it won't change anything and you can continue to use facebook.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join