It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook want me to upload a government ID with photograph to them !!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Being of a conspiracy nature, I wonder how many that have lost their account are prone to the odd rant about TPTB or are subscribed to sites like ATS.. Adding a picture to the name would be of the utmost value methinks....

edit on 31-8-2011 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tlasalt
reply to post by captiva

Facebook needs to know all, as another poster stated someone probably reported you or maybe one of the ABC agencies has requested them to find out your true identity.

I have just finished deleting my profile, It took 4 weeks in total to erase myself from social media no more facebook no myspace no anything not even a result from google.

I have thrown the monkey from my back and let me tell you it feels wonderful.

tlasalt

ps:Facebook is a distraction from reality but i love the real world,

I found this once and wonder if it is of any use to people wanting their lives back from the social media crowd

suicidemachine.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
I also ran into a similar problem. They expected me to provide them with a scan of my passport. They have no rights whatsoever to the information they are asking for, so I simply refused and make do without their services. I managed all of my life without facebook, I dont need it now.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

I noticed Facebook getting more and more bold, at first it was send me your Cell phone number for security, then it was give me your email password to search for friends, now its send me your ID for confirmation...

Essentially you add all these up and you have one hell of a world wide database of Where people are, who they hang out with, what did they do, who they are emailing, what they are ordering, how to reach them (track them gps), and to top it off add a government id to link this info to a social security # (from ID(yes i know there is no SS on ids but its easy to find with an ID #, dob))

All this information, this database, is worth a lot of money...an unreal amount of money.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
" rest assured we will permanently delete your ID from our files once we verify "... ha yeah right.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
They can ask me all they like - I do not have any photo ID, government issued or otherwise. Odd that they presume everyone would have.

Mind, facebook needs me much, much, much, much, much more than I need Facebook. Maybe I should ask them for some ID?

Edit: Facebook don't have any phone numbers for me either - except possibly a defunct mobile number.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
On a web filled with sites where people post all sorts of nonsense under all sorts of silly monickers it's refreshing that there's at least one site that tries to enforce a "real names" policy.

My family and friends are scattered all over the US and world. Facebook is a great way to keep in touch. Right now we have a friend who's stuck in one of those cut-off towns in Vermont, but her cell phone works so she's been posting messages and pictures to Facebook and we've been providing moral support.

Facebook can run their business any way they want; if you don't like it then don't use it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by plnelson
On a web filled with sites where people post all sorts of nonsense under all sorts of silly monickers it's refreshing that there's at least one site that tries to enforce a "real names" policy.

My family and friends are scattered all over the US and world. Facebook is a great way to keep in touch. Right now we have a friend who's stuck in one of those cut-off towns in Vermont, but her cell phone works so she's been posting messages and pictures to Facebook and we've been providing moral support.

Facebook can run their business any way they want; if you don't like it then don't use it.

So if you try to log into FB right now and it tells you your account has been disabled and you need to provide an ID to be able to see your Vermont friend's pictures, you would be OK with that?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
My suggestion would be to get a digital copy of a drivers license, look on google image results, then use photoshop to piece together a fake DL and send it to them. Use your pic and name, but leave the rest of the information faked.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is a joke right?

I didn't realize Facebook was now a DOD website?

I would like people to continue telling me Facebook is just a social networking site, nothing more.. and I'd like that person to keep a straight face.

When Myspace was around, and Facebook just starting... That was when it would be considered social networking. The current Facebook is a whole new ballgame, they really moved the fences back on this one.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Mind, facebook needs me much, much, much, much, much more than I need Facebook. Maybe I should ask them for some ID?

Isn't that the truth.

As soon as you sign-up, it's like they don't care if you stay. I mean really, Facebook is one of the blandest, buggiest popular websites I've ever seen. They don't really invest much in presentation, do they? They keep it simple, sure, but seriously flawed.

However. what they'd love from you, is everything. "Please, before you stop using Facebook, give us All of your information, as much as you can possibly share, and invite all of your friends and associates so we can catalog that too.

Usually when I fill out forms and send in sensitive information about myself, it's for my benefit or I'm investing in something. This is just an information-mining database, for basically anyone that wants to use it, civilian, government or otherwise. That's all it has ever been. Remember when everyone was afraid of a national ID system, and marks and chips? Well, guess what, they don't need that, they have Facebook (yes, I'm serious.)

Also, ever notice how everywhere you go online lately, that you can "Log-in with Facebook" or "post with Facebook". Yea, I'd advise you to please stop doing that. (Really, please just stop it.)
edit on 31-8-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I had the same message from FB,but there is certainly no way I am sending any means of ID to them,like you I also used my real name and details so it is a bit disconcerting.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

The reason they want your ID is to make sure that it matches the info you had previously provided. Someone probably hacked your account and facebook wants to make sure they are returning it to the right person and not another hacker.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britx
reply to post by captiva

The reason they want your ID is to make sure that it matches the info you had previously provided. Someone probably hacked your account and facebook wants to make sure they are returning it to the right person and not another hacker.

"Oops, Facebook has been compromised this week, so for your information security, we're requesting that every Facebook user fill out a form providing a government photo ID." "P.S. Please tell us if you are involved in any political activism on line 27, and on lines 33 and 41, let us know if you are above average intelligence so we can prioritize your safety, but if you've gone this far then 33 and 41 probably don't apply to you."

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

OP; but they dont know what I look like?

me; lol thats were your wrong thay know what you look like thay know what we All look like ahhhahaaahhhaahhhh ahhahhah (menical laughter ensues)
AI facial recognition softwere

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krystian

So if you try to log into FB right now and it tells you your account has been disabled and you need to provide an ID to be able to see your Vermont friend's pictures, you would be OK with that?

Sure, why not? Most of us have to give away a lot MORE ID, including credit-card or bank account information just to make these postings. (I'm referring to billing information for our ISPs). If you use other online services like EBay, Amazon, Rhapsody, Itunes Store, etc, you also give away more sensitive information.

As I said, you can always choose not to.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

If you use other online services like EBay, Amazon, Rhapsody, Itunes Store, etc, you also give away more sensitive information.

But those are all transaction based services, none of which require an ID.

I guess look at it from the perspective of not that we are sending sensitive information, such as IDs, CC#, billing statements, - its not the fear of sending this info, but more so the question of why a social networking site would want such information.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I heard that Facebook, after the riots in London, with the government are "clamping down" on people. this only proves it. i heard that a few people got 2-4 years in prison for just posting on their facebook wall things like "riots in London! whoo!! join in and get your free loot !!"

freedom of speech i always thought was one of our most prized and talked about rights, now thats pretty much going from white into grey area soon to be blackballed. i welcome the change. the sooner the better. if it drags out i can only imagine it getting ugly

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

If you've ever been tagged before they already have your "photoprint"....

Good Game guys, its all [been] over...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krystian

If you use other online services like EBay, Amazon, Rhapsody, Itunes Store, etc, you also give away more sensitive information.

But those are all transaction based services, none of which require an ID.

They require financial information which is far more risky than a driver's license with everything blacked out but name and picture (as F.B. suggested). People can wreak all sorts of havoc if they have your credit card or bank account number, but what can they do with a picture? Most people already have lots of pictures of themselves on Facebook.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodeNameKriltos
I heard that Facebook, after the riots in London, with the government are "clamping down" on people. this only proves it. i heard that a few people got 2-4 years in prison for just posting on their facebook wall things like "riots in London! whoo!! join in and get your free loot !!"

freedom of speech i always thought was one of our most prized and talked about rights, now thats pretty much going from white into grey area soon to be blackballed. i welcome the change. the sooner the better. if it drags out i can only imagine it getting ugly

Maybe the UK should have considered getting a written Constitution. It would be a lot harder to do what the ConDems did in the UK after the riots, in the U.S.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join