It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deep fathom by james rollins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
hi all

i had a bit of piece today and started reading an ebook i dowloaded ages ago
its called deep fathom by james rollins
heres the synopsis

On The Day Everything Changed Forever ...
The millennium’s first eclipse of the sun cast a shroud over the Earth. And then catastrophe struck ...

On The Day The End Began ...
Solar flares have triggered a series of gargantuan natural disasters. Earthquakes and hellfire rock the globe. The death toll rises at an unimaginable rate. And in the midst of chaos, Air Force One and America’s president have vanished from the skies.

The Sea Revealed A Mystery
Ex-Navy Seal Jack Kirkland surfaces from an aborted underwater salvage mission to find the Earth burning — and the U.S. on the narrow brink of a nuclear apocalypse. Now, aboard his ocean-going exploration ship, Deep Fathom, Kirkland is on a desperate mission that is leading him to an earth-shattering discovery miles below the ocean’s surface. For devastating secrets and a power an ancient civilization could not contain have been cast out into a modern day — and they will forever alter a world racing toward its own destruction.

now so far ive got past a bit where the american officials are having a discussion about air force 1 wreckage

“We believe this is an opportunity not to be missed. A chance to gain some value for the loss of President Bishop.”

“How so?” David asked, intrigued.

“You are to join the NTSB’s go-team at the crash site.”

David’s left eye twitched in surprise. “To help in the recovery?”

“Yes…but also to help ensure that the information that comes from the crash site serves our end.”

“I don’t understand.”

Nafe clarified. “We want the crash to be blamed on the Chinese.”

“Whether the facts substantiate this claim or not,” the director finished.

Both of David’s brows rose.

Nicolas Ruzickov stood up. “With the Chinese blamed for the assassination of the President, there will be a public outcry for retribution.”

“And we will answer it,” Nafe added.

David appreciated the plan. With the world already in turmoil after the Pacificwide disasters, the moment was ripe for such a change.

“Does Omega accept this mission?” Ruzickov asked formally.

David stood. “Yes, sir, without question.”

a little further on they are employing a plan where as is they conveniately crash land THE space station onto china

i cant say anymore but its a bloody good book
and published in 2001
has any members read this book
cheers
dave

edit on 31-8-2011 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

just read a review its not got a great write up
i feel ive spoilt it formyself now
il still plod along with it though
edit on 31-8-2011 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Well it sure sounds interesting with all the end times and everything. I wonder if it has been translated in finnish. Ill go and see.
Thanks, good books are always welcome

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have read most of James Rollins' books, and I have yet to be disappointed.

I will have to hunt this one down.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yes, I've read Deep Fathom

James Rollins is one my favorite authors. He bases his stories on facts...and then rolls with it. Always a great read.

Be sure to read his explanation of what's facts at the end of each story (sorry, but I don't know if it's at the end of Deep Fathom or not..it's one of his older books).

top topics

join