It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? Elenin got hit by some strange pulse and change it's direction?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I sense an awful lot of CONFIRMATION BIAS round here...

:shk:

What explanation do you have for the object turning 90 degrees?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

What explanation do you have for the object turning 90 degrees?

It is called "apparent retrograde motion":

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I find it hard to believe given how much it turns over such little time.

Why don't the stars behind the comet also suffer 'apparent retrograde motion' given its caused by the perspective and orbit of the Stereo B?

Then hopefully in a couple days it's return to it's original path because all objects that suffer that move back to where they're meant to be eventually.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by DJW001

I find it hard to believe given how much it turns over such little time.

Why don't the stars behind the comet also suffer 'apparent retrograde motion' given its caused by the perspective and orbit of the Stereo B?

Then hopefully in a couple days it's return to it's original path because all objects that suffer that move back to where they're meant to be eventually.

I don't think that retrograde motion or 'apparent' retrograde motion can fully explain what we are witnessing, but in regards to the background stars:

Many of them are millions and millions of light years away. They are pretty much fixed where they are.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

The fact that the stars appear to be moving in the background is apparent retrograde motion! They appear to move from right to left because the satellite is orbiting from left to right.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

I don't think that retrograde motion or 'apparent' retrograde motion can fully explain what we are witnessing,

Michael Marcuzzio photographed the comet in the wee hours of September 1. If it had made a abrupt turn, he would not have been able to find it where he did.

members.westnet.com.au...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
I don't think that retrograde motion or 'apparent' retrograde motion can fully explain what we are witnessing, but in regards to the background stars:

I made this animation just for you:

As usual, I suggest clicking through and watching in full-screen HD. Hopefully this will help you visualize the relationships between the bodies and how Elenin's path with respect to the background stars appears to change. This was made using the JPL orbital data for Elenin. The apparent retrograde motion matches up quite well with my previous video highlighting Elenin's path with respect to the background stars in the STEREO-B HI1 imagery:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Wales, UK: Cardiff student discovers two new asteroids
Graham Henry
WalesOnline
Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:10 CDT

for the younger generation,,,
see she only had small telescope

too start.

www.sott.net...

Hannah Blyth: Helped discover asteroids on work experience

Hannah Blyth, 18, had been chosen to do a summer work placement on the University of Glamorgan's Faulkes Telescope project when she made the remarkable finds.
gee wish we had her on ATS,,,

but then again
edit on 2-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I sense an awful lot of CONFIRMATION BIAS round here...

:shk:

hahaha...i've stopped reading after page 5 since everyone else is throwing stuff out there but also insulting others in the process. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hi, I was looking though the forum and found this post about Comet Elenin. I not sure if any body still wants to know but it looks like the comet has been hit and is fading away so this news article states.

I can not vouch for the integrity of the website but here's a link

www.universetoday.com...

edit on 9/16/2011 by SoulShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

for the younger generation,,,
see she only had small telescope

too start.

No she didn't.

She was encouraged by her biology teacher to go on the funded placement as part of a programme by the Nuffield Foundation, working with the team in charge of the Faulkes Telescope project.

The robotic telescope, based on the Hawaiian island of Maui and in Australia, is operated remotely from computers, and Hannah shared her remarkable discoveries with the rest of the team via Twitter.

www.sott.net...

This is what she used.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Hannah Blyth: Helped discover asteroids on work experience

Well, might as well have a go at this one. "Hannah" is a Hebrew name derived from the ancient Babylonian goddess "Innanna," one of the Anunaki who came from Nibiru. "Blyth" is a reference to a play called "Blythe Spirits," written by an Illuminati named Noel (ie, Christmas) Coward (fearful). Clearly, this discovery is actually a coded message warning the world that ELEnin/Nibiru has launched two spaceships that will be arriving at Christmas. Erm, that explains why nothing will happen until then. After that, of course, we'll be into 2012 and it's a whole new ball game.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

or ..gold?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join