It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? Elenin got hit by some strange pulse and change it's direction?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Who said Elenin "split"?

Actually, the lens flare started on the 26th (just as Jupiter left the field of view) and "hit" Elenin on the 27th. SECCHI is not blocking results, they have not yet added the images to the database. They will, it always takes a few days.

The images from the Stereo Science Center, the blue ones, are of better quality than the red ones from SECCHI.

edit on 8/31/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

As said on the first page of this thread, it's lens flare caused as a bright object, such as Jupiter, passes out of the FOV.

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

edit on 31/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

edit on 8/31/2011 by Blaine91555 because: whats the point

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If someone is on the back side of the moon, then as the comet comes in range they might try to electrically knock it into a new orbit. Who ever they may be. Type two or three ETC people. I still photograph stuff, digitally like other earthlings. It doesn't take any talent these days to point and shoot to get a perfect postcard photograph. Lens flares occur when the light is directly in front of the lens. Lens hoods only help when light is above the photographer.
edit on 1-9-2011 by frugal because: change of mood

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Is your camera a lot like this one?

The basic concept uses occultation and a baffle system to achieve the light rejection levels necessary to provide wide-angle views of the heliosphere.

www.mssl.ucl.ac.uk...

You're right though, strictly speaking it is not a lens flare. It is the result of the baffle system.

edit on 9/1/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Could it possibly be a "space bubble"? Apparently space is full of them...

You can check this thread to see some more bubbles.

They are hundreds to millions of light years in diameter some say.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

As said on the first page of this thread, it's lens flare caused as a bright object, such as Jupiter, passes out of the FOV.

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

edit on 31/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

By the 1024 x 1024 images, that's no lens flare.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage buddy, Is it a god damn lens flare or not? Who else supports this theory? Again, nothing personal, I just want to know if others see what you claim to have seen in stereo because I don't see anything even close to Mercury moving. So far, nobody has agree'd with your assumption. I just want to get to the bottom of this and I don't care who is right or who is wrong. I just want to find out the truth bro. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Nice bro. Hell no that wave is no "lens flare". I am almost 100% convinced, but always open minded to further discussion and research between us all. That's what makes ATS so great. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Several people have brought up that Elenin has split and/or disintegrated. Maybe I was assuming that it was in the video shown too.

Okay, but on reviewing the video, it does appear to me that it did change course. Got stuck on split and failed to see the course.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The following does not reflect my personal view and is submitted in the spirit of concern for my fellow ATSers.

How fortuitous and convenient. It is nothing but pseudo science that created the entire Elenin hoax, but at least the perpetrators gave themselves an out.

This is the negative tone that mainstream public and media will be pushing. Personally, I have not been convinced that Elenin is or was there, but I believe in other things that is difficult for the masses to accept. This means that I cannot "cast the first stone" nor can I judge anyone else for their convictions regarding this event/non event.

However, be prepared for the ridicule regardless.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I put a call out to Chuck Norris days ago and he took care of Elenin.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by frugal

Is your camera a lot like this one?

The basic concept uses occultation and a baffle system to achieve the light rejection levels necessary to provide wide-angle views of the heliosphere.

www.mssl.ucl.ac.uk...

You're right though, strictly speaking it is not a lens flare. It is the result of the baffle system.

Okay you win I am quitting for now. Too bad you weren't standing in my front yard with me in April 2009 to explain away my 5 second UFO sighting. I might sleep better at nights. I still think its an energy burst. Life is never what you think, Imagine. It takes all the fun out of speculation. ATS is supposed to be fun you know?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Let me get this straight....You're telling me that this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5aa8d34ecc27.png[/atsimg]

Is something different to these?

Really?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

It is an optical effect produced by the instrument. It happens every time a bright object enters or leaves the field of view.

The effect has nothing to do with the retrograde motion. Here is Mercury going retrograde without the "aid" of the effect.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd1d7be4fa8a.gif[/atsimg]

Elenin happened to go retrograde as Jupiter left the frame.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

It takes all the fun out of speculation. ATS is supposed to be fun you know?

I thought the idea was to learn something.
To deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

It was Allah's will....inshala...live with it...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentC

It seems to be more of a disintegration than a split.
Maybe it's splitting hairs (nyuck), but I think of it more in terms of crumbling than splitting. Sort of like a crushing a dirt clod. Still though, it's not quite certain yet if anything did happen to it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentC
reply to post by Phage

Several people have brought up that Elenin has split and/or disintegrated. Maybe I was assuming that it was in the video shown too.

Okay, but on reviewing the video, it does appear to me that it did change course. Got stuck on split and failed to see the course.

By the 1024 x 1024 movie I can't see ELENIN breaking apart, but I see it clearly changing the course. And I wanna add something to this discussion: By the images of STEREO HI1 the "pulse" seems to come from Jupiter, but in the images of HI2 there's no explosion in Jupiter. Perhaps the "pulse" is not coming from Jupiter...

Anybody???

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Note that Jupiter did not leave the frame of HI2. The effect occurs when a bright object leaves the field of view of HI1.

HI2 is a different instrument. It does not produce the same effects as HI1.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join