It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? Elenin got hit by some strange pulse and change it's direction?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

When people do not search their own minds for answers or do their own research and simply "wish that Phage would hurry up and get here to save the day" THAT is a "problemo" my bilingual friend

Actually, it's not. The "problems" are indeed made by people who have no scientific knowledge/desire, are emotionally/religiously driven, superficial and ignorant - if such people "search in their own minds for answers" for a scientific matter you don't get answers, you get nonsense.

99% of the people who are currently into the Elenin hype stuff have a a TERRIBLE lack of knowledge when it comes to even basic astronomy science.

Here an example: I know almost nothing about cars or motors. If i want to know something about why my car does not work it will HARDLY be the best "to search in my mind for answers", but rather seek the advice of someone who knows those things, instead.

Obviously, for you it makes a lot of sense that people who have an esoteric/spiritual background should "search for answers" in matters of astronomy, comet behaviour and astrophysics?

It is actually sad that "they" always refer to phage (as one of the very few people here with common sense and a CRITICAL mind) - on a forum daily frequented by thousands of people...

edit on 1-9-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
People Elenin was exploded into two by the Krulian ship, who attempted to reduce it's size, and succeeded by 90% of it's coma being eliminated, and the main comment being exploded into two.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Screwed

I agree!

Too many times do we see a thread started where everyone just blindly believes the information provided in the OP without doing any research for themselves, it's even better when the source of information comes from just a youtube video.

"Well the youtube vid said so, so it must be true!"

On ATS, the truth seems to be copyrighted by you and Phage. I think in this case, the truth should be between quotation marks.

No, he's right! Because people are here, openly speculating about this, probably out of boredom, well that means they wholeheartedly believe it as the ultimate truth!!!! Yep, so many people on this thread are foolish because they refuse to merely call it rubbish and demand it goes in the hoax bin, right away, and move on to the next thing. Didn't you know? This site isn't here for people to discuss strange ideas! If you discuss a strange idea, that means you completely 100% believe in it. We need to be like Nazis and have a gestapo to stop these maniacs who insist on discussing strange ideas! In fact, the next person I see who mentions something that hasn't been peer reviewed and accepted by the usual castbof characters as fact, I mean ghosts, UFOs, god, or anything out of the ordinary, I'm just gonna pull out my pistol and blow their face off! So don't you dare come try to tell me you believe in sasquatch or weird comets or anything. Because in my mind, if you want to speculate about strange things, that means you believe in it and are willing to kill for it and sacrifice the whole human race for it, and so you must be stopped! I repeat: No discussing weird, off the wall, out of the box, ideas! Certainly not here on ats of all places, because if you dare consider these types of things to be interesting, that means that you "believe everything you see on YouTube", in fact, how are you even online? Since I know for a fact that you wholeheartedly believe in every theory ever discussed about elenin on YouTube, I also know that you must be running for the wilderness and completely disconnected from society because you just believe in it so much!!!

Oh, wait a minute...
What's that?
You mean, you all are just bored, cruisin the net, speculating freely about something you find interesting but don't necessarily believe with all your heart?
After reading and posting you are probably gonna scratch your ass and click on the next thing that catches your attention?
You aren't really heading for the hills?
Aww, gee... Boy do I feel like a jackass...
Here I thought you were all just really gullible and you were about to send this YouTube guy all your money and pronounce him "god over all men"...

But now "I" can see that you are just having some fun and doing no harm, so "I" will stop barging into every weird and strange sounding thread calling everone a bunch of gullible idiots and making a big donkey out of "myself".

(hey we can wish can't we? Maybe someday we really will be able to discuss our harmless ideas without being assaulted on a daily basis by ego-maniacs... Maybe they will all simultaneously have a heart attack and we will be left at peace. Not the skeptics or debunkers, we need them. I'm only speaking of those who can't seem to conduct themselves like a grown up and have to resort to rude behavior like insulting everybody by calling them gullible just for entertaining a thought. If THOSE people keeled over their keyboard and died today, I would celebrate their death for the simple fact that they would be going to a better place, since their existance here is obviously so miserable because of all of us "gullible" people... Us having some peace around here would just be a pleasant side effect...)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Chadwickus

..Sometimes TIME answers all of our questions for us,....if you'll just let it and be patient.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Oddly enough however, those making false claims never admit it when their claims are proven false over time. In the case of Niburu and 2012 I'm betting everyone simply comes up with a new date and ignores the fact they were mistaken. Time will tell that story just like it has over and over again.

A rock solid case has been made against the subject this thread is about and it is ignored. The only way not to believe it would be to either not bother to look at the evidence, or to lie to oneself or knowingly lie just to be obstinate.

I think some of us are missing the days when ATS was about learning and denying ignorance. Now it's too often about embracing ignorance. Like pretending to not understand that a body orbiting the Sun would appear to change direction as it "orbits". Denying ignorance has too little to do with ATS these days. When a member tells the truth, the Trolls attack, so why bother with the truth?

This idea was clearly proven false at the start of the thread and I'd easily bet most posting did not read the thread nor visit the links to facts and yet they argue as if they had. Also those who don't understand, instead of asking questions post angry remarks and accusations against those who are trying to give real answers, not realizing it makes them look far worse than asking questions would.

The problem with this type of insanity is it hurts innocent people who are fooled by the charlatans and paranoid delusions that drive the myth. Some of us have not forgotten the Heavens Gate Cult. Harmless nuts right
Before this is over there will be suicides, people tearing their families apart and ruining their lives; all over fantasy and myths.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmazonOfArtemis
I still cannot help but feel there is more to this comet than we're being told. Add all the conflicting coverage over the last few days and it just heightens my 'hunch'.

I'm not on board with the theories out there, but there's just this little 'thing' about the whole Elenin situation that doesn't sit right with me.
edit on 31-8-2011 by AmazonOfArtemis because: (no reason given)

Same here... It's probably fake or project blue beam or alien space craft... Really why would anyone believe what the government/nasa is telling us about outerspace as 100% complete truth.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
so if the blue kachina is destroyed
does that mean the red kachina has to make its appearance sooner?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

I agree with most of what you said/the crux of your arguement.
It is OK to entertain an idea.
It doesn't mean you automatically "Believe" in it and subscribe to it with every fibre of your being.
It is healthy to entertain ideas that are outside of the norm.
I believe there was a guy named Copernicus who did that.
It ultimately shook the foundations on which civilized society stood when his voice was heard.

I can,will, and have entertained every wacky,out there,non-mainstream,nutjob,tinfoil hat wearin', idea out there.
Except when Alex Jones came out recently and declared that the Govt has drone helicopters on standby to spray
the Ebola virus on the entire population, effectively killing every man,woman, and child in the United States of America. That one........I just couldn't even begin to entertain, and that is saying alot for me.

But, we have to be careful of just accepting ONE persons interpretation of the evidence.
Calling out to ONE person as if you were shining the friggin' "Bat Signal" in the clouds for your hero to come save the day is rediculous,pathetic,and sad. I think we can all agree on that.........except for the losers who do it of course.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

It is OK to entertain an idea.
It doesn't mean you automatically "Believe" in it and subscribe to it with every fibre of your being.
It is healthy to entertain ideas that are outside of the norm.
I believe there was a guy named Copernicus who did that.
It ultimately shook the foundations on which civilized society stood when his voice was heard.

Correct. Copernicus attacked a problem using rigorous mathematical reasoning and it shook the foundations of the civilized world because it was demonstrably a better paradigm than the old one. He didn't just make things up.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by ZackMorris

But, we have to be careful of just accepting ONE persons interpretation of the evidence.
Calling out to ONE person as if you were shining the friggin' "Bat Signal" in the clouds for your hero to come save the day is rediculous,pathetic,and sad. I think we can all agree on that.........except for the losers who do it of course.

I was just thinking the same thing.When i read his post i get the same feeling in my gut that time i listened to an al gore speech.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Man, I sure would love to be a person 'in the know', this stuff is just incredible. What if there was a team working in deep space trying to save our planet from doom?? Imagine being one of the few who know all the details of what's going on, man that must be something else.....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

nataylor, I did view your stereo-B video from back in June and I did notice the same wave. However, I still am convinced that Elenin changed course in the original video. Atleast that's what it clearly looked like. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I thought retrograde motion only happens with land based telescopes?

These videos and images were taken from a satellite correct?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
well this thread states elenin changed direction where is it now headed? and as for never seeing a comet change direction as the 2nd video states. I have never seen a hurricane change direction either but Irene did. so as I asked before where is elenin going? where is phage?

Hurricanes change direction quite often, WTF you talkin 'bout, WIllis?
Also, can all the "Elenin" beliebers just get together and decide what happened to it? I mean, this thread claims it may have changed direction, another says it split, another says it has been destroyed into many pieces...you do realize all these different theories bring little to no substantiation to your threads?
Dear Elenin people...get your sh*t together if you want to be taken seriously.
Signed, Logical persons such as myself
Have a good one

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Didn't Elenin break apart in deep space?
If anything this looks like some kind of energy pulse that I've never seen before. What ever launched this sucker must have been huge to get that energy past the Keiper belt and still stay powerful enough to hit E.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Argue, argue, argue. Over something that may or may not live up to the fear & hype that WE ALL talk about. Screwed said it best " Get your info from multiple sources and come to YOUR OWN conclusion.

Elenin might be a harmless comet, or a mothership, or a dwarf star, or our salvation or demise. Whether you choose to prepare with food & supplies & the like. Or just sit and play the wait and see game. It's fine which ever you choose. No ones going to do anything to you for your own decision. Argueing, is useless , it normally gets us no where.

I myself go the route of be prepared ALLWAYS. It's just a prudent decision for me & my family. Time will tell; it allways does.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here is some clear footage of the change in direction:

It appears to turn approximately 90 degrees against the backgorund of the stars.

Surely the change in direction is too extreme to be explained by retrograde motion?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Here's a clearer one provided by nataylor:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Exactly...
Check my video on the page 10 ...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by borutp

Exactly...
Check my video on the page 10 ...

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I sense an awful lot of CONFIRMATION BIAS round here...

:shk:

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join