It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone had a future life as opposed to a past life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I just remembered due to another thread on past life's something I thought of the other day which counteracts my personal belief system and I was wondering if maybe someone has had a glimpse of a future life. I believe that we reincarnate after death but when we have left the physical we go into the timeless and as a result we can choose where and when to incarnate and it doesn't usually follow a straight line in time. So why do we not have any memories of future lives? I have never heard of any accounts of them but maybe I am just ill informed.
I suppose the obvious answer would be that because we're physical humans we are bound in time and we can only access information from the past. Through our perspective the future hasn't happened yet when in reality they have actually all occurred simultaneously. Although granted this theory on future lives is just speculation on my part.

So has anyone on here had any experiences with future life's or have any decent links about it?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Interesting thought but time is linear and if we could literally pick and choose what time period we wanted to live in, I imagine black holes and cracks in the universe and what not would start sprouting up all over the place.

Cool idea none the less.
edit on 31-8-2011 by MoneyRain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoneyRain
Interesting thought but time is linear and if we could literally pick and choose what time period we wanted to live in, I imagine black holes and cracks in the universe and what not would start sprouting up all over the place.

Cool idea none the less.

Well the way I see it it doesn't work like that, you're taking physical universe laws and applying them to something which is entirely non-physical. Outside of life and our own reality of existence we are energy forms, I suppose a "soul", but I don't like using that term as it tends to give off religious overtones. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but people tend to think of pearly gates and bearded figures when you put religious wording into the equation which is not entirely true in my eyes.
Anyway, you choose the criteria for what sort of life and experience you wish to have (not always a pleasant one as all experience helps us to grow) and then you merge/incarnate into the person and start your life- again all just my personal beliefs and it's obviously not as simple as this but for time sake this'll do.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I believe that I have lived in the future. Weird I know! I have a recollection or a resonance with being on the bridge of a large spaceship with another crewman ready to either attack or save a planet during a war of some sort. I've actually thought about it more than once, and do believe it myself to be a real account of a future life i've lived. Out on a limb here, but that's ATS for ya!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Great Idea for a thread I like where you went with this.
It could explain so much.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Actually, yes I have had a future life experience come through during a series of past life sessions I was doing many years ago. I had spent a few days working with a regressionist,and it was at a time when I was very curious who I was and who I've been, how it all fit into my life at the time and the people that were in i, so I chose to do a few days of back to back regressions. I had spent each day recalling about 2-3 lifetimes and the karmic themes associated with each, lasting over about 3-4 hours each day. On the last day, instead of the usual regression into the past, after the induction I felt myself being pulled into the future and images and events started unfolding. I won't go into personal details because that would be boring and it involves family and my ex anyway. But, a few impressions did surface that I will share because it involved technology that I had no idea about until recently when I ran across some threads on ATS that somewhat confirmed what I saw. I saw myself in a space craft that was rather small but I was not alone. I "knew" that I was the navigator of this craft, and saw that my navigation skills consisted of having some kind of interface on my head that was connected to the ship, and the trajectory and travel was based on the information I fed the ships "computers" based on my thoughts/though energy. I "knew" that this required for me to have a clear though process (which is soooo not something I am good at I will add!!!) It appeared to me that travel of great distances was not a problem. I also observed that the ship was powered, at least in part, by quartz or crystals of some kind. Vibrationally, the entire ship and crew had a high vibrational energy. At least one of the crew was an ambassador of some sort and we were on an assignment to promote good will between two different galactic species.

I also had a group regression I did with Dr. Brian Weiss a couple of years ago in which he asked the group to go either 100, 500 or 1000 years in the future, and found myself in a future life about 100 years from now. I was a young woman with a great deal of extraordinary psychic ability, and I had a group around me that felt like family. The earth was, how to put this, in a state of recovery? It seems like there had been a great deal of tragic earth events and the earth was in a resting healing phase. It did seem like there had been quite a few global upheavals and cataclysmic events that take place over the next 75-100 years. The earth population was greatly diminished from what it is now. Mostly the people that were on the planet at this time were trying to help rebuild the planet but in a way that would not diminish her resources and using current technology of the time to live in harmony with the earth. It seemed like the mass consciousness of this time was one of "we learned our lessons and won't make the same mistakes again and won't look for quick fixes to remediate the problems that were faced at this time in history".

No, there is no way to prove any of this, the gift of doing past life/future life work is to take what you learned from the regression/progression and use it to make your life better and cut the karmic ties with those you are bound to, because most of what we experience is personal. But, I did want to respond to your OP because it has happened to me!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
if time is a man made construct then what we experience as the passage of time is incomplete we are born grow old and die we remember the past and sometimes we get glimpses of a possible future but again this is incomplete a better question is why don't we remember the future or past lives? why is our physical lives finite but our spirit soul whatever you want to call it infinite? cause if this is true then we actually should remember both past and future. time to me is a limitation another form of bondage. any limitation is a form of bondage thus I am convinced as was said in the movie the matrix we were born into bondage

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Very interesting stuff coming through, thank you guys and gals for taking the time to share your experiences! 2 future lives relating to being on board a ship of sorts which is interesting.
I have wanted to have a past life regression for a while so maybe now is the time to get on and make time for it one weekend, maybe in doing so I can gather some answers myself to help with this post.

Thanks again for the replies so far

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Good thread topic OP!

You would probably enjoy reading this short story very much. The Egg

Namaste Friend!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by constant_thought

Originally posted by MoneyRain

Cool idea none the less.

Well the way I see it it doesn't work like that, you're taking physical universe laws and applying them to something which is entirely non-physical. Outside of life and our own reality of existence we are energy forms, I suppose a "soul", but I don't like using that term as it tends to give off religious overtones. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but people tend to think of pearly gates and bearded figures when you put religious wording into the equation which is not entirely true in my eyes.
Anyway, you choose the criteria for what sort of life and experience you wish to have (not always a pleasant one as all experience helps us to grow) and then you merge/incarnate into the person and start your life- again all just my personal beliefs and it's obviously not as simple as this but for time sake this'll do.

This is something that nobody can say with certainty and pretty much just comes down to each individual. Our reality includes everything that is and has been, whether or not it is observable or comprehensible, I believe no matter what happens time will be a constant, continually going forward, therefore in my opinion it would be impossible for us to have any connection with the future.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Interesting thought!

But playing devil's advocate, if everyone got to pick what life to live next, why so many suffering needlessly? I understand what you said about people needing to 'learn a lesson' and having to endure some hardship as a mechanism for growth now and then, but that shouldnt include millions and potentially over a billion 'souls' suffering of starvation (and far worse) all over the world, specifically in parts of Africa and Asia.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i would have to say that i think yes, we do have future lives, i believe. I think it is our people who have made successful prophecies of the future, that are actually accessing memories from future lives. This explains things like the accuracy of nostra damus, the biblical seven signs, and the hopi predictions....and maybe the mayans as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ajax
Interesting thought!

But playing devil's advocate, if everyone got to pick what life to live next, why so many suffering needlessly? I understand what you said about people needing to 'learn a lesson' and having to endure some hardship as a mechanism for growth now and then, but that shouldnt include millions and potentially over a billion 'souls' suffering of starvation (and far worse) all over the world, specifically in parts of Africa and Asia.

A dog puts its head out of the window knowing that it will get bugs in its eyes and it'll hurt. Same thing with being born into suffering. Having some experience is better than having none.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

Well I don't really have any good links or past life to talk about, but I have a future-ish vision to talk about.

Of course I cannot talk about what brought about this so-called vision or what was happening at the time. I had a profound experience in a possible alternate dimension and it changed my life. It could have been a future life, it could have been an an alternate dimension we don't understand, but it was very real for me. If you weren't there I cannot explain it

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

Never experienced something like that...

new topics

top topics

join