It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check This List Of Fruit & Veg To Avoid (If its not Organic)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Just think how long we have been exposed to these pesticides and what has been done to our bodies in the process... luckily for me all i have off this list is Peppers and Potatos (not many)... unluckily for me the Peppers i eat which are Red & Orange have the most exposure time to Pesticides!! Think i'll start buying Green Ones again!!

The ten most polluted fruit and veg:
Apples: More than 700 apple samples were tested by the EWG. 98% of them contained traces of pesticides and 92% contained at least 2 different types of pesticide. Along with peaches, apples are one of the most highly pesticide treated fruits, with not less than 56 different chemical substances being employed.

Blueberries: With their porous and fragile skin, blueberries hold pesticides deep within them. And what about frozen blueberries? While blueberries are often found in the frozen section of your supermarket, it’s best to avoid them as freezing helps preserve the pesticides too.

Celery: 96% of the celery samples tested positive for pesticides and nearly 90% contained a number of different types of pesticide. The problem with celery is that it takes time to arrive at maturity and is thus exposed to pesticides for a longer period than other vegetables.

Source:

uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com...
edit on 31-8-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Aug 31 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Thanks for putting the info up.. The problem is these days, you have to avoid almost everything if you don't want to consume some form of chemical..

Even with organic foods, you still cannot guarantee it has not ben contaminated in some way.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Out of all vegetables, the ones I like most are Beef and Pork. Thank you for making me feel so much safer, as they are not on your list. Copy & Paste from MSM "news" without further research for independent views on this subject does not bring you much credibility on a site about conspiracies and stuff... Are you expecting us to stop eating, so plenty will be available for you ? Well, do not hold your breath ( munching on a ripe, tasy pear )

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Try to buy locally grown and organic everything as much as possible. Our meats, fruits, vegetables, milk products, and eggs are saturated with fertilizers, pesticides, growth hormones, animal antibiotics and other meds... most of which are bioaccumulative. Bioaccumulative means the toxins are not used or easily removed from our bodies, instead they stay in our bodies and accumulate into more dangerous levels. These toxins are directly linked to cancers, tumors, and neurological disease, etc., when tested on lab animals.... but somehow they are safe for us?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Star and flag for you, TruthxIsxInxThexMist, good information for trying times, it seem our government is intent on poisoning us all, otherwise this would be on warnings in the store, or on the packages, right? I mean, there are warnings on packs of cigarettes, right? Good post.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Star and flag for you, TruthxIsxInxThexMist, good information for trying times, it seem our government is intent on poisoning us all, otherwise this would be on warnings in the store, or on the packages, right? I mean, there are warnings on packs of cigarettes, right? Good post.

Very true... warnings here should also say 'bad for your health' and in bigger print 'BECAUSE WE HAVE SPRAYED IT ALL WITH PESTICIDES AND IT DIESNT BECOME ANY HEALTHIER IF YOU WASH IT'

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Another feather in my cap for hating veggies,I try to avoid them at all costs occasionally one will slip thru,wait till I show Vegan friends lol

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
You say to avoid these unless they are organic. Are you aware that the organic pesticides are more injurious to the human body than the chemical ones?

Organic Food Dangers

Organic foods make up 1% of the food supply but are responsible for 8% of the ecoli deaths in the world.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
One of the main problems is there are already so many pesticides and poisons in our soil and water. Even if you grow organic, you will still find traces of them.

Even if we stopped using fertilizer and pesticides today planet-wide it would take decades to clean it out. Of course that will never happen as crops would be failing the world over.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Although it never makes any of the "dirty dozen" lists I've seen, the cultivation of coffee requires strong pesticides, many of which are no longer legal in the US. (I know, when the US says it's illegal to put it in the food, it may help you live longer lol) Coffee is one of the crops most significantly affected by pesticides and herbicides, one reason being the best coffee is grown in the shade where sunlight's beneficial effect on minimizing fungal growth can't be reaped.

Given the labor required to circumvent pesticide usage, the cost of organic coffee is so steep that organic coffee buyers are becoming fewer and farther between. However, several "fair trade" growers and their brands do practice "chemical free" farming, but lack the revenue to purchase the organic certification.

I found this link from a blog outlining coffee cultivation:
www.alive.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
"Organic" in thecontext of foods...does not mean what you think it does.
many foods are certified organic that are NOT 100% organically grown.
They get certified ( which is a joke) and label the foods organic so they can bump the price.

Any large farm buys nutrients to feed the plants .
IF the nutrients are in off the self, they are NOT organic.
They would rot.
They contain non organic preservatives.

if it is commercially produced it isnt 100% organic.
Don't kid yourself.

If you can't watch it grow, it's probably not organic.

If you want 100% organic.. grow your own.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The article is incomplete. Idiots should also specify the origin point of the product(s) such as State or Country. Its a half a$$ article. Its questionable everywhere around the world these days as they all try to maximize the crops to meet the rising demand due to population.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by trisvonbis

Well...I cantell you that here in southern Illinois we grow a LOT of peaches, apples and blueberries. Cobden Illinois is known for peach growing. When you drive down there while they are spraying it's so thick you can taste the stuff (pesticides). The fields are forever in a haze. We have some friends that live right off one of the big orchards and they hate it..but it's almost impossible for them to sell..because everyone knows about the spraying.

It's disgusting..

eat-up...enjoy that pear...it may be your last.......

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Fortunately, crunchberries are not on the list, so I'm safe.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Shame.. Those are some of my favorite things to eat

I usually wash the apples and blueberries before I eat though.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
You say to avoid these unless they are organic. Are you aware that the organic pesticides are more injurious to the human body than the chemical ones?

Organic Food Dangers

Organic foods make up 1% of the food supply but are responsible for 8% of the ecoli deaths in the world.

i once bought organic lettuce, opened the bag up and there were bugs all over it! last time i bought anything organic.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Now lets see if we can use our brains and common sense for just a moment here.....

The article does not state at what concentration the pesticides were found to be on the vegetables, now did it? Considering that modern science has instruments that are so sensitive it can detect the change when 1 grain of salt is thrown it at the other end of an olympic-size swimming pool ....is it possible that the pesticides detected in the samples were at levels in the parts per quadrillion range (1 second out of 30,000 years) and were present in concentrations too small to affect human health?

Further, if you think its unhealthy to eat pesticide residues...think of the effects of starvation????

Further, there are people out there who have a vested financial interest in scaring you into paying more for your food. Is it possible that those people are the ones who published the article?

Come on - Pesticides have been with us all of our lives...yet still we are living longer and healthier lives than any generation before us!!!

Or do you like living in fear?

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Thank you very much for this information, it is much appreciated. I've been trying to cut back on the amount of toxins that enter my body and this will surly help.

Thank you again, and much love!

OnewithAll

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Jeesh, we're all going to die an early death.
Is there anything safe to eat anymore?

I think these pesticides is what enhances the flavor of fruit, yum.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks

Now lets see if we can use our brains and common sense for just a moment here.....

The article does not state at what concentration the pesticides were found to be on the vegetables, now did it? Considering that modern science has instruments that are so sensitive it can detect the change when 1 grain of salt is thrown it at the other end of an olympic-size swimming pool ....is it possible that the pesticides detected in the samples were at levels in the parts per quadrillion range (1 second out of 30,000 years) and were present in concentrations too small to affect human health?

Further, if you think its unhealthy to eat pesticide residues...think of the effects of starvation????

Further, there are people out there who have a vested financial interest in scaring you into paying more for your food. Is it possible that those people are the ones who published the article?

Come on - Pesticides have been with us all of our lives...yet still we are living longer and healthier lives than any generation before us!!!

Or do you like living in fear?

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS

Makes sense...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join