It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past lives?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Ever since I was a young child I have had dreams of a nature that is indicitive of a past life. I remember them as clear as if it were yesterday. Though some time has passed since I last had one of these dreams they are so fresh in my mind that I can still remember the scents of the period, along with the structures I witnessed and my terrifying demise. When these dreams began I was so young they would frighten me to the very core of my being. I would awake devastated, in cold sweats, nauseated, and shaking. They were so real and vivid it took my mothers reassurance to convince me that I had not actually died. I remember struggling with unnerving bouts of insomnia simply because I was too afraid to sleep. Of course I still struggle with chronic insomnia but that is another matter in itself and will likely be placed in the rant section at a later time. So, my dreams always began in a period with Egyptian or Sumerian overtones, too obscure for me to make a clear distinction. I would be sitting in a high opening that looked as if it were a primitive window frame, draped in a moist off-white cloth that seemed to be a sort of dressing for a wound I was recovering from. I could feel the pain in my lower right side. A wound or gash, I believe. I was being attended or looked after by an olive-toned woman. I myself also had an olive complection. These moments of the dream lasted what seemed like forever, or as if it were all in a vague slow motion. I could smell the dobi brick or mud used to make the structure as well as the scent of the moist cloth covering my wound. The only time I took my eyes off the woman nurturing me was for what came next. The entire floor beneath me began to shake violently and as I looked up all I could see was an enormous shadow with complete consistency to it's shape. It was unending. Completely black and moving over the land in front of me at a rapid speed. This is always the moment where I woke up in extreme terror, shaking and screaming. It was the strangest thing.

With that said I would love to hear your stories as well as any theories you may have concerning my little night terrors.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by toxicblud

Interesting dream. May I know what was that shadow?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I suggest you contact Woodwytch on this matter. I think she is the past lives expert here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Hi, I was just wondering have you tried past live regression? Like yourself, I have had various memories of past lives and I had fears that stemmed from those past lives. When I had regression therapy, I discovered that my fears left me as I discovered where and how various things had happened. For example, for a long time, I was afraid of water, which left me when I discovered I drowned in a past life. (In that life, I was a orphan that lived in London and I drowned, aged 11, in the Thames)

I have one past life that is really up front, in which I remember almost all of the things that happened. I find, when I get drunk that I slip into that personality, which gets very confusing for others who are around me! (This lifetime, I am female and relatively easy-going - when I slip into the other person, I am very 'male' and I remember nothing of this life, but it is as though I am living the past life)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I remember something and have always had this memory but never had a dream about it. It is just a memory of talking to a very powerfull entity while being able to select a location to be born. Its hard to explain the feeling at the time but as I remember it it was like extreme joy and anticipation then I guess I forgot all I knew at the time except that memory Its kinda weird. Wonder if it has anything to do with the past lives thing.
eta I have had dreams also but have not had the night terror ones since I was a kid. I really hated them. Hope you figure out what they are about that seems to help usually from what I understand.

edit on 31-8-2011 by jonco6 because: +

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Be very careful with past live regression! What you remember will be known, and cannot be un-known after that. I know from experience, I had past live regression done on myself back in the 80s, and some of the memories are so vivid I wake up screaming at night, smelling the smoke and hearing the screams of the dying. Any time I hear gunfire on TV, it brings those memories to the surface. Be careful.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Excellent point, auto. I am the same - I cannot bear the sound of war - anything to do with the First World War I just cannot watch, I end up in tears just remembering. Also every Halloween, I flinch at the sound of fireworks simply because I associate them with the sound of the bombs. It is not a nice place to be - as you said - once remembered, it cannot be forgotten.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hi, I also am a hypnotherapist with past life regression certification. My thoughts for you is to find a past life regressionist in your area and look into this further if you feel you are ready. I say this because I feel it's important to get past the fear of an event and go into the spiritual reasons of why you choose this experience for yourself. A good regressionist will help you get through this experience without becoming too emotionally involved and simply see it from an observation standpoint. Also to integrate your higher self and higher guidance into this lifetime recall so you are able to let go of the fear and "get" the spiritual reasons why you chose this life experience for your soul's growth. Many people have had lifetimes where they are completely overwhelmed by fear or they were involved in the unthinkable. It may not be the right time now for you to recover this event and explore it further, but, you can put it out there to the universe that you do want to release it at a time that is appropriate for you and then let it go, The right time with the right hypnotherapist will manifest (including the money to do it!) and at a time where you will be able to move through this. Hope this helps ease your thoughts over this!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If I could pick something to believe in it would be reincarnation. For me, it makes much more sense than the world's dominate beliefs. I have a reoccurring dream that occurs in what is obviously the middle ages, someplace in Ireland or maybe France. It always centers around a huge house perhaps it is a theater. I have no memories of death just the huge house, its changing rooms and a sense of opulence. A bucket list item for me is to ride my bike through those areas. Maybe I will find something familiar. I suspect this is just wishful and fanciful thinking on my part. In the end I don't believe an anything.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

I have no idea, it was only a shadow that had one solid consistency to it. On a large scale. It covered the entire land as far as the eye could see.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rebelchildoflight123

This is an interesting story. I will have to give this past life regression idea some thought. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Yes of course my friend, the past is a wilderness of horror's.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Thank you for the advice.

new topics

top topics

join