It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 18 ad driving me nuts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I've lost count of how many times this week I've scrolled to the top of an ATS page to try and click a link only to have this very fast moon roll sneakily in from the left to get clicked on instead. Then my browser opens youtube for the Apollo 18 trailer.

Can't you put it somewhere else on the page? It's seriously a devious way to get summit looked at. I've seen it already, UMPTEEN TIMES. That advert is a troll.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I know exactly how you feel, it's been annoying me all weekend as well!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Heh, maybe I don't click around enough put i've never had this happen to me. Sounds quite annoying though.

E

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is worse than telly ads. I hate them.

Maybe I drive around too erratically with my wee moose?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I've started to just click on whatever random Ads ATS has up, realizing they get paid for clicks.. might as well do my part to help out, since I can't actually make a donation.

BTW, the new Apollo 18 movie looks pretty sweet - but yes, those rollover ads ARE really annoying... let's hope that
if we start clicking completely random ads, the number of rollover Ads will go down quickly.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I've accidently clicked on it about 2 billion times but if it gets ATS traffic or sponsorship or elves, hell, I'll click on it at least once more!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
ITT people who don't know how to internetz.

Oh no take the billboards out I keep hitting them with my car!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Ha ha, i KNEW it would drive some members round the bend. sorry, but it is funny and ironic considering the nature and content of this website.
I actually quite like it, it spooks the s**t out of me as it travels across the screen, What you have to do OP is sneak up on it FROM DOWN BELOW to click on recent posts or forums or whatever, and it cant appear,.
You can beat it op you know you can

ps considering the nature of the site, im suprised no ones started a thread on it possibly being a conspiracy, its definitely one of the trickiest ones to stop popping up.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

A conspiracy of using rollover ads on ATS or a conspiracy of the moon landing? Cuz if you mean the moon landing there's already tons of posts about that on here already

Hmm.. the Rollover Ad conspiracy... You might be on to something...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
View your websites with Firefox and install NoScript...it stops EVERYTHING! And it puts you in control of what you want to see! I don't get those pop-ups anymore!

Peace & Love

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think
reply to post by thedoctorswife

A conspiracy of using rollover ads on ATS or a conspiracy of the moon landing? Cuz if you mean the moon landing there's already tons of posts about that on here already

Hmm.. the Rollover Ad conspiracy... You might be on to something...

The first, but im only joking, just seen so much of that rolling moon over my screen laterly.

XL5

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
IMO we need smart ad space, better then what we get now. Smart ad space would rarely show ads to people who never click an ad and will only show things you are intrested in, heck even local supermarket specials. For the people who click ALL the ads, it fills the screen ontill they have clicked all of them like a person with OCD flicks a light switch. Don't reward greed.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
To be honest, it is winding me up soemthing chronic as well and I can "internetz" just fine..

It seems you only have to go near the damn thing for it to leap into the path of your cursor and get clicked. It just so happens I like to use the "recent posts" or "my ats", which are just underneath the bloody thing and, like a terminally depressed Jihadist, it jumps in front of what I am doing to get a click....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
that #in movie pisses me off
i hate how hollywood #in blantly lies in advertising saying 'TRUE TRUE # REALLY HAPPENED'
Paranormal Activity was BS
Blair Witch was BS
Apollo 18 BS
sadly sheep will prob still earn this movie millions
and then well be fed the next bull# 'true' story

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's the adverts in the thread which are pissing me off.
30 second snipped of Cameron Diazand some Daz advert going off 10 times every couple of minutes because I have a few tabs open is quite annoying!

I actually had to put adblock on in the end, which distressed me, because as a webmaster I appreciate how important ad revenues are for a website. But in my opinion ATS got to greedy, and now they're recieving nothing for my impressions.

(1 video advert per page is fine, 2 is greedy and very annoying)

join