It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House GOP targets the U.N.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Source

House Republicans are planning to introduce legislation Tuesday that will force major changes at the United Nations, an organization that the bill’s author has called a “stew of corruption, mismanagement and negligence.”

The bill, by Republican House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairwoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, would require the U.N. adopt a voluntary budget model, in which countries selectively choose which U.N. agencies to fund.

The bill is expected to be introduced Tuesday, and will also end funding for Palestinian refugees and limit the use of U.S. funds only to projects directly outlined by Congress.

The UN for years has worked against the interests of the American people and our republic with such ludicrous ideas as Agenda 21, Small Arms Treaty, and all of the other intrusive and questionable ‘treaties’ and ideas they come up with. We, the American tax payer, prop up this corrupt, anti-American, and intrusive organization with 22% of its funding coming from, you guessed it, the American tax payer. Are you glad to know that your money is well spent on bureaucrats thinking up ways to further steal your rights away from you? We have our own government doing that enough; we darn sure do not need these international pencil pushers helping it along.

I could rant for hours about how and why the UN is a destructive organization for the United States with a sinister past entrenched in backroom deals, questionable agreements, and the entire concept drawn up decades earlier by the elites of the Western world to give themselves more control over us. The less money we give them, less power we give them, and less time wasted listening to their statist, centralizing, and corrupt ideas the better off we all will be.

In my opinion this should only be a start, next we need to end our funding and tell them they need to start construction elsewhere because they are not welcome here any longer. If a Presidential candidate ran in 2012 on the principle of “stop paying for the world” easily that would be a campaign Americans would line up behind. Leave the UN, NATO, NAFTA, GATT, WTO, WHO, etc… and focus on America because that is what is in desperate need of attention.

But nevertheless, this bill even if passed in the House is dead on arrival in the Senate. Harry Reid and his allies in both parties who adhere to the idea of liberal international would never accept it. Even the Liberals on the left would vote against it because while they claim to be against war they do believe in the notion of global centralization. We can pretty much write off the establishment Democrats except maybe a few Conservatives, i.e. Joe Manchin. The Neoconservatives would rather end our sovereignty entirely than give up on their beloved globalism. So that just leaves the limited government Republicans such as Jim DeMint and Rand Paul, their types.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Sounds like Israel has issued the GOP their orders. As long as we keep throwing our money away on nations that don't need it we have no place telling others how to spend their money.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
We don't need to change the UN. We need to get the hell out of it! I've long thought that the UN is nothing more than a global governmental union akin to the old Teamsters. Strong Arm tactics and bully pulpit speeches are all that ever comes from the UN. The only decent thing it does is deliver food aid to starving countries. To bad they don't get it to the people in those countries. The food aid is mostly confiscated and used as a weapon against the very people they are trying to help.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Exactly what I was thinking. Defund Palestinian refugees? Refugees? Really? I'm smart enough to know every Palestinian is not a terrorist, these people have it hard enough because of Israel already.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The Small Arms Treaty is meant to prevent the kind of atrocities that ruined the world in the 20th Century, namely, the genocides in Africa and elsewhere.

This is a weapon of mass destruction.

top topics

join