It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy throwing rocks off overpass get's shot by a crossbow in the abdomen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

SAN DIEGO -- San Diego police say a boy throwing rocks at vehicles was struck in the abdomen by a crossbow bolt fired by a passenger in small sport utility vehicle.

Officer Dino Delimitros says the boy and a friend were throwing rocks in the Linda Vista neighborhood Monday afternoon when a passenger in a black Toyota RAV4 pulled out a crossbow and fired.

The boy was shot in the abdomen and was taken to a hospital. The San Diego Union-Tribune says his injuries are not life-threatening. His name and age weren't released. Nobody has been arrested.

Not sure if repost.

Guess the little #er won't be throwing rocks again huh? Many people have died from these little runts, I don't feel bad at all for this punk.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Rocks are dangerous and can hurt when contacting your head. I know this from personal experience, so please file away for future use. Kids. I don't suppose self defense could be used in this scenario, although it may depend on state law. For instance in Texas, you can fire on someone breaking into your car, as it is an extension of your property. I don't know if there are similar laws for something like this.

I think we can all agree however that a crossbow from a moving vehicle may have been a bit excessive. They were probably going to poach something anyway, but at least the kid was okay. They probably would have killed an animal. Surprisingly I still feel sorry for the kid, but usually I would say he was asking for it by being stupid.

What has gotten into kids these days? I'm 25, so I was a kid not too long ago, but I don't remember being raised with a lack of morals or conscience, and because of that I never went and threw rocks at cars for fun.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
Not sure if repost.

Rocks vs. Cross Bow: A True Story

Here is an article about a boy who was pitching rocks at a truck, but was "persuaded" to stop once the truck's disgruntled passenger fired a cross bow at him.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Oh noes!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
crossbow was too good for him, i'd throw him off the overpass.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Guy must have had great aim moving car and a kid is a small target.
Thats gotta be some kind of record. At least the kid has a chance to live and learn from his mistakes.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The vehicle was moving? That is a helluva shot.
I have no sympathy for the little bastard, would be great if they would release the names of the people that created this demon spawn, (I can't call them parents for obvious reasons).

I hope patching the little douche up didn't cost the tax payers too much. Euthanasia is cheaper.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wedidgothacked

crossbow was too good for him, i'd throw him off the overpass.

then id have to chuck you off it too, and somone else throw me off

Spitting on cars from a bridge etc ive seen and while piontless, its hardly dangerous, rocks however can kill or cause a pile up (imagine your windsheild suddenly shatters at 50mph and you cant see)

top topics

join