Would the next Australian Prime Minister Please Stand Up, Bill.

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Afternoon.

Well as the title suggests I think it's probably now only a matter of time. Going back to the middle of the month we've got Labour breaking all records with the lowest it has polled ever, and probably since the invention of polling.

Grim Reading for Labour

There has been little but policy failure after policy failure and now we've got the Malaysia Asylum deal failure which to be honest was doomed to fail and thankfully it has.

Not another failure

Then on the same day we get the "leak" about Bill Shortens ambitions. Wow what a coincidence.

Stand up then Bill, sorry I didn't realise you already were

I suppose next well get the inevitable, "no, absolutely not, I'm happy with my current portfolio, and Julia has my absolute 100% support as Prime Minister, nope I'm not taking it even if you beg me". Only to be confronted a few months later after a little power brokering, a little bit of back stabbing and then, "well, now look, it's the best outcome for the party and the country, we had to do something about the leadership now move along please nothing to see here".

Time will tell.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Bill Shorten is just another cheek of the same @rse,nothing is gonna pull Labour back
2nd line

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Stand up Wayne,

I always told you your time would come.

Hail Wayne! Next OZ PM!

link   
Totally agree, if they did it'd be the biggest come back since Lazarus rose from the dead.

Cheers

link   

Originally posted by myselfaswell
There has been little but policy failure after policy failure and now we've got the Malaysia Asylum deal failure which to be honest was doomed to fail and thankfully it has.

Wasnt there another poll a week ago that showed that voters were overwhemingly in support of the actual policies that the government had (apart from the carbox tax and Malaysian asylum seeker deal)?

I was listening to the radio a few days back where this was being discussed - that despite voters being very happy (apart from those two issues) with the actual policies, they still disliked the Gillard government anyway.

Personally, I'm not much in favour of Abbott either.
Or Brown, for that matter.

edit on 31-8-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Wayne Who? You mean Wayne Bennett the greatest NRL coach of all time

Paragraph.

Cheers
edit on 31-8-2011 by myselfaswell because: reference

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Who the heck is Bill shorten ? All the government in Aus , England and America that were voted in around the same time are polling the lowest ever on record . People are fed up with the agenda that is being forced on nations I think may be the cause . People dont like this agenda .

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

Hi my,

I am a kiwi taking the piss.

Sorry about that, lol.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Choice bro (said in high squeaky voice)

Cheers
edit on 31-8-2011 by myselfaswell because: reference

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

they still disliked the Gillard government anyway.

I dislike it when people still call it the "Gillard Government"..

When will people realize they didn't get enough votes to form a Government...

She wasn't liked by the majority on election day and nothing's changed..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hang em all,hang em high ,hang em low.Hit em with the old Pebo.
Second line.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So then is the rolling stone gathering moss? The second piece of speculation regarding the Prime Ministership in two days.

Will Peter Beattie throw his hat into the ring ?

Obviously at this stage this is pure speculation, however, it seems to me that this is how things start.

Pollies will get to asking themselves, hmmm maybe we should have a change, we're not looking too good at the moment, I know we're probably still 2 years away from an election, but you know I really like not doing a great deal for a mammoth superannuation that I can access instantly on leaving Parliament even though I'll probably end up in a high paying job, maybe banking or insurance.

Will the prediction come true or will it be Mr Beattie or even someone else. Watch this space.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The stone may not be gathering too much moss at the moment but the gradient it's rolling down just got shallower so I suspect a bit more moss gathering in the coming days.

Bill Shorten didn't turn it down

"Perhaps most importantly, she is in the job for the right reasons - for the country and not herself," Mr Shorten wrote

Not quite the predicted statement, certainly it's a statement about the "prefect ideology" of any politician but a statement that says little to support her as Prime Minister.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Two more years left, I doubt JuLIAR Gillard will last that long.

If the ALP changes it's PM again.......it's back to the polls for sure.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The mood in Australia is anger.
This government(sic) has mismanaged so many things...they even botched roof insulation(hundreds of homes burned down,people died).

Gillard is making incompetence an expectation of the suffering Australian Public?

The United Nations seems to be in charge of our Border protection policy.

An election needs to be called or else ...the queen needs to be involved?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Julia at 23% popularity. When will she wake up take a look in the mirror and realise it's all over. How could anyone with any self respect continue. Probably someone with a monumental ego / psychological condition ?

The Article of Shame

Dark horse around the outside?. Steve Smith the defense minister now a possibility.

Punters Back Steve Smith

I'd say this story is off and running and coming down the back straight.

Cheers
edit on 5-9-2011 by myselfaswell because: typo

new topics

join