It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Show! "Dark Matters" discusses REAL cases in "fringe science"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Wednesday, August 31st at 10pm on the Science Channel, a new show called "Dark Matters" premieres, which investigates such cases as the Philadelphia Experiment and the Soviet Union's attempts to create Human-Ape hybrids. The show is hosted by John Noble from "Fringe".

I think it's a show that any conspiracy lover would find interesting. The dramatizations look awfully cheesy and I'm concerned it will be more legend than actual science, but I'm going to give it a chance. Here are some previews:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This looks like an interesting program. I will have to watch it to see for sure though. Regarding the Philadelphia Experiment, I thought this had already been debunked, considering there is almost zero supporting evidence to back up a single man's claims.

I found it funny that the person who wrote the letter claims that Einstein succeeded in discovering a unified field theory and then proceeded to keep it a secret. The reason they give is that the Navy uses it. First of all, if a scientist discovers a revolutionary theory like that, he will publish it and there will be a record. It would have taken the navy much longer to realize the implications of what he had discovered, and that is another reason the claims don't hold water imo.

Anyway, the show looks interesting, but only in the way that shows like Ghost Hunters are interesting. Actually, that may not be fair since there will be other episodes besides the Philadelphia Experiment. The man-monkey episode looks really interesting. I just hope they don't get too far down the rabbit-hole with some of their stuff. Since it is the Science Channel, I would expect them to stay a bit more mainstream, which is probably a good thing for this show. Nice thread btw.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The thing about unified field theory is that it is just that. A theory. Einstein hypothesized that it may be possible but was never able to obtain conclusive supporting data to prove the theory which he was only working on to support his research on electromagnetic fields.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
New episodes start tomorrow! On Discovery Science.
I mean Walter Bishop!! Walternate. Sure I am going to wacht it.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird

was wondering where this show was, it's been awhile since it has been on.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sandman441

Anyways it's aired in Europe every day but not in the weekend.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: sandman441

Anyways it's aired in Europe every day but not in the weekend.

We had the same show on here but I havent seen it on in awhile, other than periodic episodes.

top topics

join