It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okie Blames Bush

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hi all,

I'm new to ATS, and I haven't yet posted in this forum. This seems the appropriate place to state for the record that I'm an Oklahoman, and I blame the Bush empire for creating that wonderful view of the Alfred P. Murrah building after the bombing that was spread across the top of the ATS site. I'm not sure how long it's been there because I've been trying to find my way around the site, but we Oklahomans are still a little hacked off about that one. Anyway, I love ATS, and hope to get to know more of you soon.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Boy, I can't wait to sit back and watch how you're going to try to justify this one.

How on God's green earth do you blame Bush for the OKC bombing?

[edit on 8-21-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strianissa
I blame the Bush empire for creating that wonderful view of the Alfred P.

Clinton was in office at the time of the bombing and McVeigh claimed to have been retaliating for the Waco fiasco. The BATF agents involved were headquarted in the Murrah Building. Wouldn't it make more sense to blame Clinton and Reno for that one?

[edit on 04/8/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Now Grady, that's not fair. You gave them a hint.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
P.S. Please don't speak for "Oklahomans"...I'm almost certain you don't represent all of them on your views, ok?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
this post will never be justified becuase it can't be. just another bush-hater gone overboard due to hysteria.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Lol, I'm hardly in a state of hysteria. The Clintons may have been in office, but after some research, some details given to me by a dear fellow collegiate, and some facts presented in that all too controversial movie Fahrenheit 911, I have come to blame what I refer to as the Bush Empire for the catastrophe. This empire has been building since the 80's with Reagon in office and Bush Sr. as VP. Followed of course, by Bush's presidencies with a gap when Clinton was in office. I will try to get back to this post and send more information, but I've been up for about 18 hours now. My eyes are heavy, but I wanted to keep up with this post a little before laying down to sleep. I will have to do some heavy searching both in my room among various papers and online to send the information that I feel has incriminated the Bush Empire. Perhaps this is the one area where my suspicions have tainted fact, but I'll look for what I can and let you decide for yourself. I do not speak for all Oklahomans when I say that I blame Bush, but I do believe that I speak for nearly all Oklahomans about being seriously angry still over the bombing. At least that is what I gather by the scrunched up faces when the topic is discussed, and I have the right to voice an opinion based on my findings, ok? Further note that hysteria is typically characterized by panic, but anger can be more of an underlying issue. If anyone would like to know more from me at any time feel free to ask, but I hope these questions come in a more grown up manner as opposed to flaming. I do apologize for my temporary distress due to feelings brought back by the photo, but realize that I would not be so crude as to come across a distressful person and kick him/her while they were down. I might even be so kind as to offer help and advice. Til we meet again...

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Btw, I kind of thought that is what these forums were for...to discuss issues and personal views. Or are these forums just to dominate others and try to make them conform to your own views? Can't we all just get along? Heh, well I'm old enough to know better than that one, but it never hurts to ask.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

after some research, some details given to me by a dear fellow collegiate, and some facts presented in that all too controversial movie Fahrenheit 911, I have come to blame what I refer to as the Bush Empire for the catastrophe.

Oh, well. As long as you got your information from Michael Moore, that's okay.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Btw, I kind of thought that is what these forums were for...to discuss issues and personal views. Or are these forums just to dominate others and try to make them conform to your own views? Can't we all just get along? Heh, well I'm old enough to know better than that one, but it never hurts to ask.

I'm listening. I suspected before you even posted it that you were alluding to the global increase in terror as indoctrinated (IMO) under covert operations by Reagen/Bush (by which I mean Bush 41 and his continued clan of operatives currently basking in the "son"). Though I've never personally drawn any correlations between the rise of anti-American anti-Globalism and our own conserva-sympathetic terrorists like McVeigh and Rudolph... I'm willing to entertain the notion if you can connect the dots.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
And I sit back and continue to watch this, because it will still be entertaining.

Seriously, RANT, I think you led this poster and now we'll have to watch posts of drivel when they wouldn't have had an out. Great.

Bush and Reagan had nothing to do with this short of McVeigh spending some time in the Gulf...but then so did a lot of other guys who to date haven't killed 32 babies.

Waco was, and has never been refuted to have been, the reasoning behind his sick plans.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
these boards are for posting information with substantiative supporting evidence that main stream press doesn't want to show. NOT, accusing our president for being responsible of something that happened 11 years ago. get some sleep, and please post your information. i'm very curious to see if it supports your accusation. i'm sorry for the hysteria comment but i've seen enough people on ATS that just want to demean our president because they've gotten caught up in all the bush-bashing.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Bravo to you...for introducing yourself and some of your ideas. I think you were being unfairly "flamed" and yet you responded in a calm and dignified manner. I found it inspirational.

Shame on you Moderator...

There is no friend anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Seriously, RANT, I think you led this poster and now we'll have to watch posts of drivel when they wouldn't have had an out. Great.

I'm currently seeking investors to send me to law school to hone this skill for fun and profit.

Sugar Momma's encouraged to apply via U2U.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Okay VoD, have it your way...

Here's my theory:

I believe Voice of Doom is 100% to blame for the Okalhoma City Bombing...me and everybody else in Oklahoma. We are all very pissed at VoD, and we're waiting for the culprit to be called to justice on the 169 souls whose blood drips from their hands.

I WANT JUSTICE!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Valhall, if you would just answer each and everyone of your detractors by signing the form to allow a thorough inspection of your military records, family's financial holdings and hard drive contents this wouldn't even be an issue.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have military records.

All my finances are sunk in an interminable episode of "this old house".

and my hard drive currently has some pretty bizarre stuff on it

But I still want VoD brought to justice.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think thats a violation of one of those rules...I think...maybe it doesn't apply to moderators.

Anyhow,
I have a theory too.

I have a theory that ATS is a board about "conspiracy". That people come here to talk about things that may or may not be "provable" in established venue's of society. I have a theory that sometimes people come here just to meet other people and rant. I think that's what's probably trying to happen here.

Let's not scare too many away with our....overwhelmingness eh?

ATS needs all the cross-traffic-revenue it can get, and who knows how many "Google" ads this member could click on!!!!

remember, We're a family here!!!

There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
That's correct VoD. Very (full lip V) good summary of ATS.

Also, when people throw out things with

1. no evidence,
2. based solely on opinion
3. and at best sporadic logic

the OTHER members also get to state their opinion on the subject. That's how the discussions take place

else you'd just be griping to yourself, now wouldn't you?

So, my part in THIS discussion is to state my opinion that this is grasping at straws, and it's an ill-willed idea to speak these weak opinions for an entire state...

particularly when there are at least several of us from Oklahoma, here on ATS, that probably don't agree with this.

You go have yourself a blessed day VoD!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Bush and Reagan had nothing to do with this short of McVeigh spending some time in the Gulf...but then so did a lot of other guys who to date haven't killed 32 babies.

Waco was, and has never been refuted to have been, the reasoning behind his sick plans.

Okay, cool. I'd like to see that explored. I know Waco is the official media explanation, but what's the McVeigh thought process?

Did he just pick up a paper, read a non-partisan story about Waco and decide to act? Or did anything trigger him? What were Republican pundits saying about Waco on TV? Was anyone suggesting Clinton and the current government was a tryranical regime? What was the NRA's take? What do the Rush Limbaugh transcripts reveal?

I've seen this done for the media prior to Rudolph's bombing spree and it's quite telling the impact some spin meisters have on the psyche of home grown terrorists. I'd say if we shut down Aljazeera for "inciting violence" this is a worthy topic. And I'm not scared of the implications. Somebody plants the seed to "spray paint SUV's" via eco-terrorism. But as a whole, whether it's Muslim or Christian or straight up Libertarian-political conservatism, we know FUNDAMENTALISM incites violence do we not?

So WHO is to blame? Reno? Or her critics?

I sleep best when I tell myself it's the individual to blame, like McVeigh here. But on some level I know better. His co-conspirators go way up the food chain of corporate and political and pastoral crazy talk...most of which is wrapped in the flag of PATRIOTISM if you can believe that.

So what's really far fetched here? Let's say Kerry wins this election. Who wants to bet there's not another McVeigh just waiting in the wings?

Had Dascle not been the main target of the Antrax letters I'd concede it's an equal game...but it's not. It's just not. Conservatism, patriotism, nationalism, fundamentalism breeds violence and terrorism no matter what nation or religion you hail from. Liberalism? Not so much. And don't post Communist or Nazi Authoritarian crimes to say I'm wrong. A dictator is a dictator no matter what your economic policies. I'm talking ideology. And if THIS PRESIDENT doesn't foster some strong fundie ideology, then nobody does.

We've got posters in other threads ready to meet for fisticuffs over who the real American is. We've got the NRA election day gun giveaway as part of their Stop Kerry campaign. "I'm a uniter, not a divider?" Hardly.

If the above is somehow misconstrued as anything less than a sweeping condemnation of all conservatism and not just Bush, read it again.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by RANT]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join