It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Gundam Fans on here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I am a long time fan of the Gundam series that takes place in the Universal Century (UC as it's known in the gundam world). Anyway, I just got done watching the 3rd episode of the new Unicorn Gundam series, I think it is as good as it's predecessors, how about it?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I actually loved it as a kid, it was the late 90's and they played it on cartoon network. Maybe early 2000's, I was around ten years old (born in 1990). They started making new versions of the show and they really seemed childish in comparison to the original and I was only getting older so I stopped paying attention and haven't watched since (I'm not an anime fan anyways). I am however a huge Dreamcast fan and in honor of this thread I'm going to start playing Gundam: Side Story right now
(I'm not sure which show the game is based around but it kicks a**).

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The game takes place in UC 0079 pretty early in the time line of the story. I remember that game, it was pretty awesome.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Just finished rewatching Char's Counterattack. Seen every series (other than the Seed ones). My next tattoo is Wing Gundam Zero Custom haha. I love Gundam.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I've never seen Gundam actually. I'm watching Trigun at the moment, it rocks! Anything with "gun" in the name is bound to be good.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Trigun was great also, I didn't get all the way through the anime, but I read the complete manga and it ruled. If you like anime like Trigun check out Gun Frontier, it's got an old west theme also.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenObserver
Just finished rewatching Char's Counterattack. Seen every series (other than the Seed ones). My next tattoo is Wing Gundam Zero Custom haha. I love Gundam.
Char's Counterattack is a classic, the ending is a little bit disappointing, but I guess Char had to go sometime. FOR THE GLORY OF NEO ZEON!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

I don't think it was gundam seed on syfy, I believe it was Mobile Suit Gundam the original series.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Wing, Seed, SD force, all suck hard..There were SD series in Japan that were good, but non have ever been released in the states or Europe.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

They might have shown the original on Syfy at one point but it turns out the one I was watching was called Gundam 00. wiki link . Seems pretty interesting after reading and learning a bit more about it.

Trowa

new topics

top topics

join