It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Powell Chief of Staff: Cheney "Fears Being Tried as a War Criminal"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Might as well throw the majority of Americans up for treason too since most agreed and gave them the support to do whatever they wanted.

Are we speaking of the minority of voters that put them in office?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
My point still stands. If you can find something to directly charge Cheney with than go ahead but if not these threads are pointless. You can't charge someone because you don't like them.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I find it funnier than hell that the basturds squirmin and pointing the finger at everyone else, just like the true psychopath that he is

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Might as well throw the majority of Americans up for treason too since most agreed and gave them the support to do whatever they wanted.

Many in the world would wholeheartedly support such a course whatever the excuse.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

The second time round, it was a majority of those who cared to vote. It looks their "performance" in the first term surpassed the expectations thus earning them bigger support in the second term.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

The second time round, it was a majority of those who cared to vote. It looks their "performance" in the first term surpassed the expectations thus earning them bigger support in the second term.

Yes. The electronic voting machines did us a big service there. Boy, am I a real proud American now!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Why does ATS still feed the trolls??
Learn to ignore them and they will go away..

We all know why the likes of Cheney and Bush will never stand trial..
They have powerful people behind them and a corrupt legal system..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Or perhaps there is nothing that can be tied to them directly.

Do you know of something?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

so true and more and more get away with it.

no one will touch anyone unless another country comes in and finds them in a spider hole.

that won't happen either. so keep dreamin' guys!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Powell's former staff members seem to all be extremely loyal to him. The skinny I've heard is that when these guys come out with stuff like this, Wilkerson especially IIRC, it's really as a mouthpiece for Powell (not really a secret, this often gets said very publicly). Why Powell doesn't say it himself, I'm not 100% sure, but everyone knows it's ultimately coming from him most of the time. I think it's part of Powell's very political side, for better or for worse, doing things in this manner. I guess it allows him to keep from having to defend "his own words" yet still let everyone know how he feels about something.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Why are you here kro ???

There are multiple threads highlighting what many believe these scum have done..

Do some research instead of the usual nothing.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Colin Powell is a goddamn war criminal too. They all should've been tried and executed already.
reply to post by illuminatislave

Tell it like it is, my friend......

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Yes. The electronic voting machines did us a big service there. Boy, am I a real proud American now!

Wasn't it "butterfly ballots" in 2000? Was the 2008 election rigged too? Or are only some elections rigged and not others?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Why are you here kro ???

There are multiple threads highlighting what many believe these scum have done..

Do some research instead of the usual nothing.

Backinblack, the above is an excerpt from Kro's new stand-up comedy routine. He's about to go on tour and thought he'd try it out on us first. I think it's lackluster at best. I'm really hoping he asks for my input so I can give him some suggestions on how to spice it up. His current wording makes it sound as though he's actually serious. This fact kind of derails any potential for laughs, especially if your audience is tough.....and has hecklers.
edit on 31-8-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Vitchilo

This is my point. There is nothing to charge him with.

I don't have sound so cannot comment on that video unless you provide a synopsis.

They can charge the lot of them with crimes against humanity for all the depleted uranium that was used in the war. For starters.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Relax Dick,

There isn't anything to worry about, just kick back, put up your feet, flash your "Kiss My Ass" card and enjoy watching the world burn.

After all you old zombie P.O.S. you deserve it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
While we're at it, why don't we try Jimmy Carter for the bothed rescue attempt in Iran under his watch, or Nixon for openly talking with China (who knows what secrets he gave them for their cooperation) or go back and posthumously try Franklin Roosevelt for his crimes in interning and torturing Japanese Americans in WW2, c'mon....

Our leaders should not be prosecuted no matter how much we hate them because it impedes their ability to make the tough decisions, and make the calls that need to be made, sure they may sometimes make the wrong ones and well that's why we have the right to vote them out or have Congress try them. Superseding the constitutional rights of congress to hold our leaders responsible tramples on the very thing you claim they did, and makes anyone in the US crying for war crimes tribunals no better than the people they wanna crucify.

I know this opinion won' tbe popular with the torch and pitchfork carrying masses, but they did what they did n office, we had the chance legally and under our laws to remove them and we didn't... time's up we had our chance at it and we blew it, move on.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Don't feed the trolls.

And regards to the thread, I'm pretty sure Cheney will be tried for war crimes once Revolution sweeps America - after the Global Economic Collapse ofcourse.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

What possible thing could he be tried for at all unless you start bringing up conspiracy stuff you have no proof of. I highly doubt he is afraid of being accused of anything.

What proof do you need the evidence is black and white. Start with the basics both wars were never ratified under the UN. Both wars were illegal wars under international law. Next go and have a look at the geneva convention, that america signed up to and is legally bound in the american law system...
Yes laws were broken and those laws were put in place to stop ;-# like this happening in the first place...
No one should be above or below the law........

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
Waterboard him.

"We'll find out for sure what he knows and what he don't know."

Goose, gander and all that.

Oh yea right like Cheney is on par with Khalid Sheikh Mohammad.....right. And when will Obama go up on charges for having Osama shot in front of his wife and kids? Well he wont and Khalid should be thankfull he wasnt delt with in such a timely manner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join