It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the hell is this

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Good Going DYepes!!! I was wondering who to send it too. Is it the FBI or Homeland Security that handles that? It definately is strange!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
i don't think something relatively tame like wacked-out college kids with a crazy website should cause alarm.

nor do i think ATS should be the "boy that cries wolf" every time something scares a few of its more skittish members. should some X-box nerds go to guantanimo bay because of a COUNTDOWN display?

there's people like "vox" and "sollog" out there screaming about nuclear oblivion in our immediate future, and vox claims that bush will be the one pushing the buttons. why should THIS site spook anyone?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This appears to be a marketing strategy and since we are currently promoting another site by having this thread, I'm going REQUEST to have this locked and the link removed.

EDIT: Clarification on my "going to" statement.

[edit on 8-21-2004 by Valhall]

Odd

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It's pretty apparent that this is a teaser site for the upcoming game "Halo 2". In addition to the rather cryptic evidence posted above, the site makes reference to "Covies", as the human marines in Halo 1 called the alien Covenant races.

Not necessarily in good taste, but very well-executed nevertheless.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
HALT - MODULE CORE HEMORRHAGE SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX. STRONG INTRUSIVE INCLINATION. COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL:

Is an Anagram for:

INDEX THIS IRONCLAD PREDICTION: HALO TWO SINGLE PLAYER DEMO CD-ROM DISK INCURSION AT AUGUST TWENTY FOUR. EARTH WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

"Supposedly" Iv counted the letters and theyre the same ammount..but too lazy to actually see if its an anagram.

And of course i should read the whole thread

[edit on 21-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yup...its just teaser promotion for the new Halo 2 game...ahh, Halo, how I love thee. Nothing to worry or run down to the bombshelters about.

However, as pointed out below...locks on.

Originally posted by Valhall
This appears to be a marketing strategy and since we are currently promoting another site by having this thread, I'm going REQUEST to have this locked and the link removed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join