It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation of the Pyramids - Documentary.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuoatx

I heard that Dr. Zahi Hawass actually retired.
edit on 8/31/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Did anyone know that if you were to draw a circle around the Great pyramids outside base and then one on the inside, then subtract the smaller circles length from the larger circles length you would get a figure that corresponds to the speed of light (299, 792458)? One of the many revealing things from this documentary.

You can do that with any group of things. Pick an area, find a set of things to subtract from it until you get the right proportions, adjust the math by multiplication or division, and you can come up with :
* the speed of light in meters per second
* the Fibonacci sequence
* the ratio of the orbit of Venus to the orbit of Earth (I've seen this one done before)
* the golden ratio
* Pi (this is done frequently and usually using the decimal value of Pi, which the Egyptians didn't know (no decimals back then))
* the centerpoint of a huge circle around upper Africa
* the mass of Earth
* the area of the Giza Plateau
* the area of Lower Egypt
* the area of Earth
* the median length of a year
* the (satanic) height of the Washington Monument

We can find significances in every single number (and find more by converting it into different systems (metric to English, seconds to hours, days to light years.) So with the Giza Plateau you find:

* The number of acres (13) covered by the Great Pyramid is the same as the number of #1 hit songs Michael Jackson had on the Billboard charts.
* It took 80 years to complete Giza. Michael Jackson's Thriller spent 80 weeks in the top ten on the music charts.
* The angle of the face of the Great Pyramid is roughly 51 degrees. Michael Jackson was 51 when he died.
* there are 8 satellite pyramids at Giza. Michael Jackson won 8 Grammys.
(and so forth. People might like to play with this and find all the Michael Jackson GP associations.)

This doesn't mean Giza predicts Michael Jackson.

Precision engineering which even modern professionals would have trouble with today and still the mainstream egyptologists and experts still ignore all the evidence, merely citing it all as coincidence.

Actually, Egyptologists know that the ancient Greeks got a head start in math with concepts they got from the Babylonians and the Egyptians. And no, the Egyptians would have a horrible time trying to get OUR precision in engineering. Just look at the different sized blocks used in the pyramids (some of which had to be specially fitted. They couldn't make joints that look seamless (but we can).

Whoever built these structures certainly knew what they were doing.

Quite true, and they had a lot of practice at it. It's a shame people focus on the pyramids and ignore the other beautifully built structures that show that this was actually common building standards at the time (so everyone knew it.)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Bookmarked!

Also, I climbed up the great Pyramid when I was a kid.....properly climbed it! ha!
Probably could have been shot or something!

Anyway, interesting documentary and I'll be back to finish it!
Cheers for posting

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is the best thing i've watched via ATS.

Thank you x

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
When it says in the first clip "4700 years ago when the rest of the planet was wondering about in animal skins the ancient eyptians flattened a limestone pillack, paved an area the size of 6 football pitches, piled up 2million blocks of stones to the height of a 42 storey building..." really makes you wonder how we have managed to lose such important information such as building techniques along the way.

That phrase just made me think if the developed world was to have a major crisis the majority of us would have no idea how to hunt for food over the long term while the untouched tribes over the world would know no different but would be the people who would survive and thousands of years later they would be the ones who develop and wonder how an earth we built our structures today
edit on 31-8-2011 by daveyboy1991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by daveyboy1991
When it says in the first clip "4700 years ago when the rest of the planet was wondering about in animal skins the ancient eyptians flattened a limestone pillack, paved an area the size of 6 football pitches, piled up 2million blocks of stones to the height of a 42 storey building..." really makes you wonder how we have managed to lose such important information such as building techniques along the way.

That phrase just made me think if the developed world was to have a major crisis the majority of us would have no idea how to hunt for food over the long term while the untouched tribes over the world would know no different but would be the people who would survive and thousands of years later they would be the ones who develop and wonder how an earth we built our structures today
edit on 31-8-2011 by daveyboy1991 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Interesting. I don't believe we know everything about the past and there is certainly professional reputations at work resulting in dismissal of evidence and cover-ups (or rather outright denials). However, we must also be very wary of working out significance of numbers. It is very easy to make numbers seem significant as somebody else pointed out we can add, subtract, divide, square, square root , drop the 3rd signficiant digit etc etc and get the number we are looking for.

We must also be wary of using a unit of measure. It's not hard to create a unit of measure and make sure everything matches. Once you start this then all sorts of "magical" numbers are created 3,4,5 pythagoran triangles. Perfect circles, square and geometry. So huge warning sign there.

Note also the need to create a circle with a band 100 miles wide......hmmmm accuracy of millimeters for the building bricks but inaccuracy of placement by 100 miles. Sorry big zero there. This is what happens when you try and fit facts to a theory. Note also no mention of all sites NOT in this band. In any statsitical analysis you MUST include the facts that don't fit!

There was no mention of when the 26,000 cycle as indicated by the sphinx begins and ends wrt our calendar, why? I read that the sphinx lines up with Leo in around 11,500 BC which means the end of the earth , with this theory, is in another 15,500 years time. So no worries there!

Also: how come these ancients built these structures to warn us of a catastrophe that they suffered....so when did they build the warning? Cannot be afterwards it had to be before. In which case they knew what was going to happen. In which case why build a building that can withstand the catastrophe and yet you still allow the rest of your civilization to be destroyed. Sorry illogical. At the very least there should be a hidden cache of art, artifacts and technology. Even the plastic goo left over ! Or even better, the hidden vault has the technology inscribed on the stone work.

So there are mysteries but we need to be wary and keep an open questioning mind. It is too easy to get carried away with the excitement of it all and end up fooling yourself.

One last point : I do believe in a connection between the sites, too much of a coincidence. I have more chance winning the lottery. It is more likely an ancient civilization spread around the globe taking knowledge to different parts.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

is that the guy that went crazy on the girl that pissed her pants while in the pyramid if so i hate that dic too a very cocky guy

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing S&F - love this kind of stuff! I'm all set up for a good watch.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
S&F and a big thanks.
I was looking for a quality documentary on this subject,
so this came at a very opportune time.

I'll watch and comment again.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Anyone know when the 26,000 years approximately starts and ends based on the astrological commentary in the movie about the sphinx?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I just watched this. IT BLEW MY MIND!

If you take 2 circles one the inside and one on the outside of the base of the pyramid, and subtract the one from the inside with the outside, you get the speed of light in millimeters.
edit on 31-8-2011 by gandhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing that was great!!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
He did but I think he came back. Regardless if he's in or out he was under the influence of the Egyptian gov so in all actuality I guess it's on them.reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

edit on 31-8-2011 by tetsuoatx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Can't view now, I am at work but it looks great. I love all things pyramid.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by theshepherd2

there was a post on there earlier this year about that. havent heard anything since.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

one thing that has always bothered me about ancient Egyptian theories- they made the pyramids and the sphinx and yadda yadda, but didnt have the wheel...i mean come on!
i mean seriously! (nerd rage)
"hey yeah, we can figure out crazy stone work that ppl wont be able to do 4,000 years from now- but what is this circle you keep talking about? i mean its not like we see it every day in the sky, or when the moon is in the air, or when we give each other the ok hand signal" sorry, it's one of histories worst arguments. actually, no, i am not sorry. apology redacted.

on another note...my own hypothesis on moving the rocks...maybe an early rail system? no that hard of a concept to figure out. thoughts comments?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

It is very easy to make numbers seem significant as somebody else pointed out we can add, subtract, divide, square, square root , drop the 3rd signficiant digit etc etc and get the number we are looking for.

We must also be wary of using a unit of measure. It's not hard to create a unit of measure and make sure everything matches. Once you start this then all sorts of "magical" numbers are created 3,4,5 pythagoran triangles. Perfect circles, square and geometry. So huge warning sign there.

There are other methods of arithmetic than the number base 10 (Decimal). There are also "binary", "octal", "hex", and those are just the common ones. You can make a numerical (counting) system out of any randomly chosen value (letter, number, rhunes, whatever).

The fact that those who have measured using the metric system have found it to correspond with the CUBIT system indicates that MATH is MATH. It doesn't matter what "base" you use, if the equations come out the same. Suppose whoever engineered the pyramids (and someone did! there's no question about that!) used a base for mathematics that when calculated to what we call the speed of light, simply came out to their version of "1". The program postulates that even the Egyptians inherited the site. Who knows if the "cubit" was the original measurement used? The accuracy of the architecture certainly indicates a much tinier "unit" than we know of. Atomic even? Molecular?

While you make some good points, we must try to avoid being ethnocentric or academicentric, or whatever you want to call it. We don't know how in the sam hill they did it. We could not do it now. That's the point. We COULD NOT do it now.

We have systems in place that are variant (Celsius, Farenheidt, Kelvin), and they each in their own way lead to equivalent points of physical states.

That's the beauty of math. It is correct, or is it incorrect. It is not the same as subjective arts/sciences. And no matter what base you use, or symbolism (such as Pi and the Golden Number), the SAME ANSWERS are the ANSWERS, regardless of the method or symbols used to get there. If anything, it is the ONE universal truth. In my opinion, anyway.

Also, the heiroglyphs in these very distant structures have YET to be decoded. Theosophy states that the keys are hidden in extremely remote, inaccessible places, and that MOST of the copies ever made -- which were based on prehistoric oral tradition -- were systematically destroyed. They would have ALL been destroyed except for the discretion and wisdom of those who were initiated and knew the key and knew how dangerous it would be in the hands of the unaware/naive. The glyphs mean NOTHING to those without the key, just as the Mantras used in guru meditation, even though they might be written down for someone, would do NOTHING without the proper vibration and tone.

And the video made a special point to "DISCREDIT" the "no wheel" theory. They indicated that a simple chisel and a rock were insufficient tools.

As for not including the structures NOT IN THE LINE, those might have been made by prior or later groups, eh?

Anyway, I'm only adding to your points, not trying to attack you personally. These thoughts just came to mind after I read your post. I'm glad you made your last point, that you don't wave away the linear connection of the structures as shown. I believe it too!!
Too COOL!

Yeah, we don't know when the 26,000 year cycle "began" or "ended" in our terms. No one said it would be "the end of the world". They implied, if I recall correctly, that it was the end of a certain CYCLE. I have heard that with each cycle (we are the Fifth), the human race will become a little more enlightened. Until then, the secrets will be kept SECRET.

I actually hope I'm around when it does happen, though!

edit on 1-9-2011 by wildtimes because: To remove remarks that seemed harsh. Sorry, everybody. SORRY

edit on 1-9-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Just watched this last night. and I have to say its a great documentary. with lots of "new" information.
I've never heard anything about those Chinese Pyramids. and why is the Chinese government hidding them and not lettting anyone getting near them?? They are planting trees on top of those pyramids?? why would a government hide something like that??

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here's a page with explanations of the 26,000 year cycle theory:
www.esotericastrologer.org...

Supposedly 2012 is a significant year using the Mayan wheel, but as it states in the above link,

The Greater Aquarian Cycle

If the 26,000 Great Year Cycle of the Mayans is ending in 2012 (coinciding with the lesser 5,125 year cycle), it is highly significant because it may also relate to ‘the greater wheel’ and its cycle of 26,000 years – finishing one cycle and starting another. The twelve zodiac signs take 26,000 years to precess the full circle of 360 degrees, the same time span as it takes for one zodiac sign in the greater zodiac.

The world is entering the Age of Aquarius on both the smaller and greater wheels, an event that has only occurred six times (this is the seventh) - in the history of this Fifth Rootrace, hence a time of great opportunity

No giant catastrophe. Just an opportunity for further investigation.
To wit:

Nevertheless, we are on the cusp of these cycles, 500 years for the lesser wheel and 5,000 years for the greater wheel; it is doubtful (as mentioned by other authors) that something will ‘happen’ on December 21, 2012. We are going through a process of unprecedented change during this cuspal period. If the above date is accurate, then this is an advantage for students of astrology and cycles - as it may allow some accuracy to use this as a time marker to work forward or backward.

Shamballa and the Mayan Calendar:
Brazil and the Sixth Rootrace

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join